WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    RebeccaAre they addressing the mold on the dry wall? This is the time to do it before the new cabinets are put in. I know you'll be glad when it is done!
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited May 7
    Options
    Lovely time at my son's house. :D<3 Edie was being a horrible older sister to Bea. She can be wicked.
    Max entered a Maths competition for his school and was top of his year and reached gold level overall for the district. :p
    While my son was driving us home, I recounted the story of Paige . As he went to the wedding in October with me, it was a bit of a surprise. I didn't want to tell him in front of Edie because she would never stop asking questions. It's just her sort of thing! :p One day when I've got plenty of time....
    Did a very easy butternut squash ravioli with peas and a sage and garlic butter. I was in a lot of pain and could barely get around the kitchen. Parmesan got left out, but I was finished. :#
    Not sure why everything is hurting so much. 😕

Quiet day tomorrow. I may make a card for the expected baby. With a rainbow and a Teletubby sun baby.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,951 Member
    Options
    exermom wrote: »
    Somewhat of a rant below:
    I went to BK today. Evidently, the store manager texted me this morning (I’m not in the habit of checking my texts at 6:00 in the morning) asking if I wanted to come in since they didn’t have any lettuce, no tomatoes, no cheese and only a few onions. I told her I’d do what I could. She asked if I could come back after they got their truck. I told her I had a dentist appt at 12 and couldn’t. Not the truth, but I DO NOT want to get where they run down product so much and then depend on me to come in when their truck comes. BUT I was a nice guy and offered to come in tomorrow (I usually don’t work on Wed). Vince was a manager and he said that she probably realized that they didn’t have anything so it would be helpful to have someone who would do it. I don’t know, to me a lot of things around there aren’t logical. And, besides, failure to plan on their part does not constitute an emergency on my part. It looks like they just barely have enough product until the truck comes, but they don’t have any lettuce. Oh well….. And if the truck is late……. Personally, I think they’re d*** lucky to have an employee who is dependable and shows up. I’ve heard how so many people “call out”. You know, “it’s sunny and I’d rather go to the beach” Personally, I’d rather go exercise tomorrow
    Kylia – neat pictures. Thanks for sharing

Heather – congratulations

M – I remember (when I was a kid) leaving my aunt’s house in PA to go home to NJ. She would pack a cooler for us with sandwiches. Good memories

M - I'm glad you understand. Now just imagine two large dogs and a rambunctious child in your small house in addition to your cat, your husband, and yourself

Michele NC

I understand why they live in a smaller place ... but not sure why it seems to bother you.

And I am with Tracey ... why lie? Why not just say "No, that won't work for me. But thank you for the offer. "

M in Oz
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Rita – I’d love to read your story. You are such a good writer. I think Wendy’s is about the only fast food place that has salads (boo). Glad the move went well

Almost all of the time I take my own food to a fast food place. Vince is embarrassed but I just don’t like most of the food. If I have all the fat in a hamburger and fries, my stomach starts saying “I don’t think so”. Plus, it’s cheaper by far. And healthier. And usually more filling for the long term

Tracey – I’m absolutely sure BK is trying to keep their costs down. I always feel so sorry for the manager since it is hard to predict the future (how much you’ll need). However, I sometimes think she should order at least one more of things (like an extra box of tomatoes) just in case you do get really busy. You can and should rotate stock and if you find you are getting too much, just don’t order as much the next time. But every time to be running out of things! I just thank my lucky stars that it isn’t me

Rebecca – all that mold!

Lee – welcome

Wrapped PJ’s birthday, graduation, and one Christmas gifts. I just like to have everything ready. We put a battery in the remote fart machine. I think (hope) it goes over well. I know that he finds farts hysterical. Guess all 5 year olds do…..lol

Got the umbrellas out by the pool, the clock up, the speakers up, ceramics down and I put some of them out. Ceramics tonight

M – them living in a smaller place doesn’t bother me. I know why. I just feel bad for those large dogs, they don’t have much room. I feel sorry for PJ that he didn’t have any say in the whole thing. I feel sorry for Denise. She’s overwhelmed as it is with PJ and Pete working 10 day shifts, so a lot of this is going to fall on her. But that’s the decision she has made. Then again...it’s not my problem.

Had to get a new umbrella for one of the tables on the deck. Went to Lowe's and they didn't have anything nice. Oh, the very expensive ones were pretty. So we went to WalMart and got one.

Allie – prayers for Tracey.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: PT progress, Monday’s appointment might release me.
    Yesterday’s gratitude: woke up from disturbing dreams to find Joe and the dogs fine. Whew!
    Debbie and Lanette thanks for the mini chainsaw recommendations. Think I’ll stop by our local Stihl store (thanks Kylia) and try lifting whatever they have.
    Barbie your fireproof safe recommendations are timely. Will pick one in June before our safe deposit box renewal is due.
    Margaret you look great, so relaxed and happy!
    Belated welcome @Pamelyb and @mcmillonmail Monique in MS enroute to Chicago and @leemckernan143 Lee in Kalamazoo! Con very grats Lee for taking off those 15!
    Beth “… procedure is a lot more involved” ain’t it always so? Glad the vertigo is improving, fingers X’d for the appointment.
    Heather :love: your “how we met” story, the laughter/ compromise /respect/ care/ consideration of your and Johnny’s relationship but most especially how you both are with Max, Edie and Bea. Edie looks so much more grown up in that pic! It’s happening too fast.
    Machka “working with children refresher” ? What can you see form the top of the path up the hill above the stairs to nowhere? :love: the peacock. Saw a newpaper article about this and thought of you: https://tourdefronds.com/
    Michele last time I went to the Burger King here, they were out of coffee, orange juice and syrup which they didn’t tell me until I’got my French toast sticks. That will probably be the last time I try there. Sounds like their “just in time” inventory replenishment system is broken.
    Rita so glad the move went well and you’re feeling better. ((hugs))
    Rebecca you sound so calm, well done. How long will the kitchen take?
    Allie prayer said for Tracy’s appointment, her family and you.
    Terri it was sunny here today too, but too wind chilly for me to comfortably play with plants. It will be warmer/calmer later this week.
    Today did big fat nothing but Jeopardy walking. Line dancing tomorrow then get to stay home for the next two days and play in the yard.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday,fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.
  • Machka9
    Options
    wdkbl5mzofjo.png
  • Machka9
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Machka “working with children refresher” ? What can you see form the top of the path up the hill above the stairs to nowhere? :love: the peacock. Saw a newpaper article about this and thought of you: https://tourdefronds.com/

Barbara

Child safety and wellbeing. Everyone in my department has to take a refresher each year to keep on top of things.

What can I see from the top of hill? Grass, mostly. And the cenotaph way off in the distance.
    dy8rdpa7kv5x.png

This is what the cenotaph area looks like from partway up the bridge to nowhere. The stairs to nowhere are way off to the right on the other side of the trees and across the grass, out of sight.
    5usldjaptd8l.png

I'd be tempted to ride the tour de fronds!

Machka in Oz

• Machka9
    Options
    Wednesday Highlights
    - Reviewed 1000 pages (no exaggeration) of recommendations over the past 2 days, and extracted the salient points. 😵‍💫😵‍💫 Yes, the arthritis in my right hand is flaring up. Yes, I'm dizzy every time I scroll on my home laptop now. But it's done!
    - Walked about 2 km
    - Climbed up 25 flights of stairs and down 29 flights

It's been raining today!! :smiley::smiley: Every little bit is needed here right now!

Working from home tomorrow and Friday is my Friday off. :)

Machka in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Welcome to the new folks!

Rita glad you got the RV moved!

And Allie thinking of you and Tracy. Hope for the best.

Not much going on here. I'm taking my dad to PT later today. And I hope to get some beneficiaries revised.

Have a great day! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    :)