New and trying to get started

Options
Fluffy220
Fluffy220 Posts: 1 Member
Hi my name is Catherine but my app name is Fluffy( it’s a long story). I’m newly diagnosed as a Type 2 diabetic, I’m 72, single and live on my own. I also have Long Covid, which is nasty. I’m many pounds overweight but my goal is to control my diabetes. So, is anyone else on the same bus as me?

Replies

• Nova
    Nova Posts: 9,994 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hello and welcome to the community Catherine!!

There are some great threads created by our members, stickied to the top of each category that may be helpful. Just look for "Most Helpful Posts - whatever the category name is”.

For example:
    You can also ask your questions in any category that interests you, read posts or questions made by other members, join a group, or add some friends.

Here are some frequently asked questions that may also be helpful: FAQ's
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,565 Member
    edited May 9
    Options
    This is a good group to join for diabetes discussions https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1772-type-2-diabetes-support-group
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,429 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome, Catherine/Fluffy!

I'm not on the same bus, gotta admit, but maybe an adjacent route? I'm 68, lost from class 1 obese to a healthy weight at 59-60 using MFP, have been at a healthy weight since, now close to your age (68). I'm not diabetic, but am severely hypothyroid (medicated), and used to have high cholesterol, high triglycerides, and high blood pressure. (The only one I still have is the thyroid condition, which for me is genetic and permanent.)

You can do this. I'm not going to tell you it will be easy every second, but I do think it's achievable. I'm cheering for you to succeed, because the quality of life improvement that can happen is absolutely worth the effort, in my experience.

Best wishes!