Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    :p
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,944 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I’m back at it trying to drop those 10 lbs that seem to appear and hang on whenever I’m under stress. My focus is on heart and brain health. Keeping stress level manageable so I don’t rely on food for comfort and distraction. This month I want to add a good exercise program to my weekly routine. I love to cook and am good a logging my meals. What I find surprising is the amount of fat I take in each day even though I don’t eat processed foods and stick to Whole Foods. Anyone else notice this and have any suggestions on how to balance the macro ratio?
    TeeTee from Detroit

Welcome here!

I eat a lot of fruit and veg, so my fat intake is relatively low. I have actually added pepitas now and then to increase my protein and fat a little.

Maybe increase the veggie quantity?

Machka in Oz
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,889 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    For those who are interested, here is what I have so far of my next story. The last couple days, haven’t had time to write but am antsy to get back to it!!

Feel free to skip. It is a bit long. Put it in spoiler.
    Moon of Kevrit
    Prologue

The Space Station Intelligence Agency was currently circling the moon of the magnesium farming colony Kevrit. The head of the colony, Elphen, was reported missing by one of the residents. This colony also provides tourist with tours of the farms. It is a remote area with only a few hundred residents. The rest are tourists or here for business. People are scared but not surprised. Elphen was known for his inter-galactic property development and questionable investments. People are being brought to the SSIA for questioning.
    Characters:

Whiz-bang (arch enemy) I am an Anglo-galactic whiz-kid turned space tourist. I get called on for all the major inter-galactic problems. When I was young, my main hobby was blasting small meteors with sound waves from my intergalactic pellet gun. I used my computer to calculate where I should aim my gun. Most of the time now I spend just cruising around.

Bytes (Computer) I am Elphen’s computer. I might look middle-aged and self-righteous but I am not psychologically unbalanced like some of my computer predecessors. I enjoy being a computer. To me, tricky calculations and parallel computations are fun rather than a chore. But I don’t just do calculations, I am also the backbone of all his other house and transport devices. They all turn to me for advice. It’s me that tells the lights to turn on when it’s dark and when Elphen sensed entering a room. Elphen bought me over ten years ago via a storm on the Galactanet. He argued with them over the price a bit. But he was happy with me. He said I had the facilities he wanted.

Data Foot—(business woman)I am a very intelligent creature from an outer galaxy. I run a floating help desk and am a technological savior. Shortly after I was born, they tested me for my intelligence quota and I scored 499 out of 500. They discovered that most of my intelligence cells are in my feet, so they nicknamed me Data Foot. Growing up was difficult. My parents wanted me to learn everything I possibly could so I spent all my time studying. My large feet seem to put people off so I don’t have a partner. I concentrate on making money instead.

Plant—-(Magnesium farmer) When I was young, my dad took me to an intergalactic convention on magnesium. I was so excited. There were people there from all over the universe — people like us that lived on moons and mining magnesium. He died when I was young and so I had to take over the business. I do my best to make the farm profitable but it’s a meager living. My mom runs a tour business on the moon. There are about sixty inhabitants on this moon. Mom matched me up with one of her tourists p a purple Sheoate from the bands of Titanus. Our only problem was with me being green and she being purple. But nonetheless, we love each other.

Star—-(Elphen’s Girlfriend) I am an attractive female apparition. When I was born, the galactic suns must have been shining extra brightly, because I turned out to be exceptionally beautiful. My mother entered me in every intergalactic baby and infant contest ever held and I won tons of prize money. I even beat those cuties from the Beauty Galaxy. We were poor, so she tried to make as much money out of me as she could. Now I work as an acting model for the Gala Spacecraft Company. Basically I act in a soapie and they film us in there latest spaceship. I live off this and money accrued from previous now dead husbands. I am a Black Widow.

Iodine - (Elphen’s Towel, female) I was manufactured over twenty years ago. I am designed to last at least fifty years. I am self-cleaning and I can change color to match the decor on on demand by pressing one of my color tags. I was manufactured to the specifications of my owner, Elphen. He wanted a large luxurious soft towel like myself. I am one of the top of the range towels. I have an instant ability to feel warm when it’s cold and cool when it’s warm. I never become smelly and moldy like some lesser quality towels. I am always dry and soft. Being a towel is a very intimate job. You become very acquainted with your client’s body and sometimes their friends body. I am an intelligent towel and contain memory chips of all I care for. My memory is uploaded to Bytes once a day.

Tears - (activist) They call me Tears but it’s not my fault if I’m always teary. Because of some genetic stuff, I don’t have any eyelashes, so I have to cry all the time to keep my eyes lubricated and cleaned. I was born in the middle of a protest where my parents were both killed when I was still a baby. The intergalactic parent club adopted me and they took care of me. When I grew up, I became a crusader for the downtrodden and started my own activist group. I set up rules to forbid us from helping bad people. We only work on the side of goodness.

Chapter 1
    Bytes, Whiz-bang, Star, Tears, Plant, Data Foot, Iodine, and Bytes all met in the space kitchen of the SSIA. Brought in by an SSIA law investigative robot, they are at a loss as to why. Iodine tried questioning the robot investigator as to why a mere hygienes robot towel would be brought in, however the investigator only told everyone to wait for further instructions. The dining area was full of patrons, however, they were all SSIA employees. The Moon’s residents look to each other for support and answers. They each take turns explaining who they are and how they could possibly be a suspect. Elphen has dissapeared. These residents have no idea where he could be.
    Iodine says “Why am I here? Tears, do you need me to wipe away your tears and keep your face dry? After all it is my duty to serve.”
    “No thank you Iodine, I’m alright. I have my own means of drying off. The tears simply evaporate, see?”
    Towel continues: “I am a robot made to care for the director, family and friends’ hygene. Custom made for Elphen, I tend to his personal needs, from providing drying, to water, steam, instant body heating or cooling as needed, cleaning solutions, smell reducers, and pleasant scents. I provide teeth cleaning, shaves, haircuts, manicures and pedicures as Elphen needs. Personal hygiene is my duty. I was manufactured over 20 years ago and am good for another 30. I am very close to Elphen and listen to his concerns. I am self cleaning, but have begun to falter as Elphen has not had me serviced as of yet. Temperatures, and scents lost their newness. I advised Elphen of this, and am awaiting an appointment. It has been several years since I asked for the appointment.”
    “After 20 years of faithful service, I can’t understand why I need to answer these questions. Perhaps, they will download my memory for possible clues. I can’t imaging what they would find. I told the arresting SSIA officer everything I knew. I am a robot and cannot lie. Besides, I upload my memory once a day to Bytes. I was not made for long term memory storage, only daily chores.”
    He turns to Tears, “How about you Tears, do you have any ideas as to why you or I would be here? By the way, how DO your tears dry so quickly? It is amazing to me? Do you use a Towel Robot like me? How often do all of you, if you have one, service your Towel Robots? I am curious as to the care I am missing out on.”
    Nervously, Tears looks around the table at the others and begins. She begins by wiping her eyes with her arm to see more clearly. She is an activists but does not like being put on the spot.
  • kevrit
    edited May 8
    Options
    Results from bloodwork yesterday were all good. Problem is, I can’t keep eating like this as my weight is climbing. I will speak to the Renal doc about this.

No sugar does help with my mood. I must keep a tab on this for my own good!!

I am aiming to add more good fat to my diet since my protein needs to be limited. Lower carbs and lower protein but more fat keeps me full. I set my macros at 15% carbs, 30% protein, and 55% fats. Even so, I need to pay more attention to these and log EVERYTHING! I’m good first thing in the morning, then wane off logging. This is not good for me. Need Pip’s boot again!!

RVRita in Roswell, NM
  • kevrit
    Options
    Today is NO SOCKS DAY! (I never wear socks from April through October! Sandal time!! Save the DONKEYS! They are cute!

acs5cq7w8hth.jpeg
    25sws16nsoex.jpeg
    jllkv6fg90h5.jpeg
    jo00qgi3syw0.jpeg

RVRita at Bottomless Lakes
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Results from bloodwork yesterday were all good. Problem is, I can’t keep eating like this as my weight is climbing. I will speak to the Renal doc about this.

No sugar does help with my mood. I must keep a tab on this for my own good!!

I am aiming to add more good fat to my diet since my protein needs to be limited. Lower carbs and lower protein but more fat keeps me full. I set my macros at 15% carbs, 30% protein, and 55% fats. Even so, I need to pay more attention to these and log EVERYTHING! I’m good first thing in the morning, then wane off logging. This is not good for me. Need Pip’s boot again!!

RVRita in Roswell, NM

Rita - I set my macros at 20% carbs, 25% protein and 55% healthy fats a couple weeks ago. These percentages seem to work best for me. I'm not sure I could go lower on carbs, even though I've pretty much eliminated sugar and processed foods & "white carbs." I like a piece of Ezekiel bread for toast and a small apple and/or half a cup of berries throughout the day which pushes me up to 90 gm carbs along with the carbs from dairy, which I also depend on heavily for protein.

I still fiddle with the macros though. ;) And sometimes eat a little after supper which I don't log. :o I try to keep that to a few nuts or a tablespoon of peanut butter without sugar or other additives. Organic like Adams or Safeway brand.

Anxious to see what my A1C looks like in another month.

Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Today’s gratitude: PT progress, Monday’s appointment might release me.
    Yesterday’s gratitude: woke up from disturbing dreams to find Joe and the dogs fine. Whew!
    Debbie and Lanette thanks for the mini chainsaw recommendations. Think I’ll stop by our local Stihl store (thanks Kylia) and try lifting whatever they have.
    Barbie your fireproof safe recommendations are timely. Will pick one in June before our safe deposit box renewal is due.
    Margaret you look great, so relaxed and happy!
    Belated welcome @Pamelyb and @mcmillonmail Monique in MS enroute to Chicago and @leemckernan143 Lee in Kalamazoo! Con very grats Lee for taking off those 15!
    Beth “… procedure is a lot more involved” ain’t it always so? Glad the vertigo is improving, fingers X’d for the appointment.
    Heather :love: your “how we met” story, the laughter/ compromise /respect/ care/ consideration of your and Johnny’s relationship but most especially how you both are with Max, Edie and Bea. Edie looks so much more grown up in that pic! It’s happening too fast.
    Machka “working with children refresher” ? What can you see form the top of the path up the hill above the stairs to nowhere? :love: the peacock. Saw a newpaper article about this and thought of you: https://tourdefronds.com/
    Michele last time I went to the Burger King here, they were out of coffee, orange juice and syrup which they didn’t tell me until I’got my French toast sticks. That will probably be the last time I try there. Sounds like their “just in time” inventory replenishment system is broken.
    Rita so glad the move went well and you’re feeling better. ((hugs))
    Rebecca you sound so calm, well done. How long will the kitchen take?
    Allie prayer said for Tracy’s appointment, her family and you.
    Terri it was sunny here today too, but too wind chilly for me to comfortably play with plants. It will be warmer/calmer later this week.
    Today did big fat nothing but Jeopardy walking. Line dancing tomorrow then get to stay home for the next two days and play in the yard.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday,fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections.

Who knows!😂😁. We have the floor to do, the dishwasher to install. I don't know if these two guys do that or we have a floor guy and plumber. They are taking photos as they go though.👍🏼
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,486 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am annoyed at the fact that I just can't cook an egg up for breakfast. Plus my toaster cord can't reach the plug, unless I lie it on the floor, which I don't really wanna do. I'm not that hard up for toast.🙄. Lee did say he wanted Chinese food for dinner, so that is something nice to look forward to.
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,505 Member
    edited May 8
    Options
    Today’s gratitude: no ill effects so far from Shadow’s frenzied shredding of a moo cow dolly and the mysterious orange bag and magnet.
    Carol and Beth you’re both on my heart this morning.
    Tracey how satisfying to have made a difference for that girl. First of many, I’m sure..
    Machka thanks for the pics. Does your department interact much with children? Thought you were more on the data/information side of healthcare? Wish there was a way for you to virtually ride the tour de fronds until Rowan would be up for it.
    Welcome @TeeChaChing TeeTee from Detroit!
    Rita “root canal appreciation day? Better than losing the tooth but hard to say “Oh goodie, a root canal!” :laugh:
    Time for balance games, PT exercises and breakfast before line dancing. Looks to be a gorgeous, if windy, day. Just for today there will be AF beer instead of wine and only one piece of dark chocolate.
    Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,066 Member
    Options
    (((Rebecca))) I am glad for you they are being so thorough although it might take a bit longer because of it. Happy Dance once it is complete.
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Rita--I am enjoying your new story. Looking forward to the next part. You know how to keep the reader interested.
    Rosemarie--I think it is a good idea to give the cat resuce up for the summer. Have you thought about doing some garden in pots. It has become very popular around here.
    Blessings, Vicki GRAND ISLAND, NE <3