WOMEN AGES 50+FOR MAY 2024

Options

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    woke up wide awake two hours before dh's alarm goes off and even earlier than when I would usually get up. Went out and moved the trash cans. I had bunched them all up a bit close so son could get out of the driveway when he went to work. The garbage men won't take it if they are too close together or too close to one of the cars.
    While I was up, got my one indoor/outdoor cat in for breakfast-brat was hiding last night so stayed out all night-don't like that, fed him and the strays out front, fed the inside cats then washed all their dishes.

Really enjoying the quiet. More drama with dh/mil yesterday so the calm is much needed. He did finally calm down two hours after he got back from her place(was there all day, she demanded he take her to the dr so waited for an appointment)

Going to catch up here while I have my second cup of tea and enjoy another hour of quiet, two hours until we have to go to MIL's. Then go shopping, picking up extra food for her for tomorrow. We will be in Lodi the whole day so he won't be going over there twice. He hasn't told her yet. I am sure she will be a real witch to him on Sunday- I will not be going over there. Church in the morning then not sure what, may garden or something. Not a big deal but know I am not planning on going to her house.
    I will call my mom Sunday- always do.

Will walk the wetlands I think but depends on the weather as to how long I walk. Supposed to be 86 today. Not bad if there is a nice river breeze but with no breeze, it is rough.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Worked then went to the soup kitchen. I’d had it written down that I didn’t need to be there, but I totally forgot. They had enough people so I left. Going to go to Food Lion to get Vince bananas and some ground turkey (Vince probably won’t know that it’s in the meatloaf)

Vince said that our vet called. Seems he had been sitting in a cemetery eating his lunch (quiet and no one thinks he’s a dirty old man) when he saw these 13 kittens. Three of them were VERY bad off and if he hadn’t found them, they wouldn’t have lasted the night. Anyway, he was giving us a “heads up” because he knows that we’ll be looking for kittens after the first weekend of June. If they have 3 male orange kittens, I wouldn’t have a problem with that. He figures that someone just dumped off two litters of kittens. Is that sad or is that sad?

Going to see “Sister Act” at the local theater with a friend of mine. Vince doesn’t want to go. Well, in his defense, he probably doesn’t find it funny since he’s not Catholic. See, I went to Catholic school and can relate to a lot of it.

Kim – I like to put ACV on my coleslaw.

M – yes, I do think a sanitarium is like a rehab place.

Lanette
    – unfortunately, no my girlfriend isn’t in remission. She has a urostomy (bag you pee in) attached to her right leg. It’s permanent. She has decided to give up the chemo and just live her life out. She’s only told myself and two other friends of hers. She needs medical help going to the bathroom, sometimes a suppository, sometimes an enema. She can’t live independently any more. I sent her 2 small religious placques/statues and a box of mixed tea. It cost $35 to send it!!! shipping to Switzerland is more expensive than shipping to Germany! But in the end, it’s worth it.

Tracey
    – that’s terrible about the fire!

What’s going on with MFP? Whenever I go to log my food, I keep getting a “Bad Request” or an error.

Michele NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,587 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 4min 55sec, 101elev, 2.93ap, 81ahr, 111mhr, 6.15mi= 616c
    Strava app = 754c
    Walk home to gym- 11.24min, .52mi= 51c
    Strava app = 64c
    Treadmill jog- 19.25min, 137ahr, 167mhr, mi 1 @6.0sp, 1/4mi @6.5sp, last 1/4mi @7.0sp, 9.42min mi, 2mi= 218c
    Walk gym to store then home- 17.59min, .85mi= 107c
    Strava app= 104c

*on walk, Lucy walked 2.5 mi, rest in buggy*

Total cal 992

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    Options
    Carol: (((hugs)))

Tracey: Terrible news about the fire.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,948 Member
    Options
    :) This morning my friend who dances with me every Friday cancelled so she could go to an all day event with her family and friends so I had a surprise free morning. Jake took Annie with him to run errands and it was the longest I've been in the house without Annie since we got her in October, I was like a kid in a candy store trying to decide what to do with "no dog duty" freedom. I used my time well and it was glorious. I don't want my life to be like that all the time but that hour was delightful.

:)Heather, you are doing amazingly well filling your time with important activities as you wait for your surgery. I think of you every morning while I'm walking.

<3 Barbie in surprisingly hot NW WA
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Kim – that dog made me laugh out loud. I only laughed harder when you told us that the owners didn’t want to violate his “civil rights”. Glad you got a good tip, you deserve it

Allie – sooo glad you had such a great trip. Prayers for Tracey and Kyle. I must say, tho, that I’m worried (a tiny bit) about Tracey with Kyle’s temper and the needs of this child. I guess the good Lord has His plan. Maybe the plan is that this will help Kyle with his temper.

Went to see the play “Sister Act”. I can’t get over how very talented the cast is.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,984 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    Kim- not sure how far Lodi is from you but if you feel like taking a drive, we will be at Comic Con all day
    booth is GP83 and 84.We will be there all day.
    Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    Options
    Well, clearly, having three children for five hours is the way to exhaust yourself enough to sleep! Apart from getting up for painkillers, I slept the best I have in ages. :p
    The parents had a wonderful time at the cookery school, and made some amazing food.
    We shared out our phones and tablet for the last hour after 8.30, and, apart from continually telling Bea to turn the bleeping down, they were all happily ensconced in Google doodle. Before that the girls did some Art with us.
    I made a card for the new baby, due today, but I got the rainbow colours upside down. The kids knew immediately! I don't suppose it matters. Maybe it symbolises their lives being turned upside down! :p
    It's terribly badly executed, but I did manage to get the Telly tubby sun baby OK.
    The girls made coasters.

John is off to cricket. I bought him a new, bigger, thermos flask for coffee, and some packaged 'hotel' biscuits for our anniversary, so he will be using those.
    It's halloumi curry for dinner, so I might cook it and take his portion of halloumi out, to stop it going soggy, then put it back when I heat it up for him.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,215 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    Good morning, all we are having an unusually warm sunny spell here. Rain is due tomorrow, so will make the most of today. I'm slowly drifting into summer mode.

Heather: Enjoy your me time today. We love them dearly, but some alone time is very welcome.

Will pop out to the local shops soon, then spend time outdoors.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,738 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Woke up ,or should I say was woken up and will go back to sleep for a bit..
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,270 Member
    edited May 11
    Options
    My friend G has treated herself to a pair of Dior sunglasses, as part of her celebration for entering the mental hospital 40 years ago. It changed her life. She bought them at a very, very posh department store in Paris, called Samaritaine. Today she's going back to claim the VAT. :p They do look lovely, even though the price is extortionate. I think she likes the packaging and the box as much as anything!
    Her exploits inspired me to look for a new pair for me. I lost my favourites last year on a cruise bus, and I wasn't going to buy any while I'm incarcerated, but I thought, why not!
    Chose these Radley ones as they are different to my others, which are black, or tortoiseshell. Not too pricey.
    izauos0evq3c.jpg

I've also bought some seaglass earrings. Cheap.

I was just settling down to watch my videos when my lovely sister-in-law rang from her car. After a few enquiries about my health, she said she had something sad to tell me. She has broken up with her long-term boyfriend of 15 years. Quite by accident she discovered texts on his phone that revealed he has been meeting a young woman from the Quakers, and not telling DSIL anything about it. It was upsetting enough for her not to trust him, so she ended it.
    I think I said some helpful things, and she thanked me for them.
    I didn't say I'd never really liked him, but it's true. I would have much preferred to see her on her own when they came down. He was pleasant enough, but never contributed much to the experience. Plus he compartmentalised his life and never got divorced from his estranged wife. So..........
    I'm bursting to tell John, but I'll have to wait until tonight.
    I told her we could go the The Regency fish restaurant now! (He's allergic to fish) And I don't have to cook vegetarian when she comes. I am extremely fond of my DSIL , and hope this means we can see more of her.

Life never stays the same, does it........

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx