October Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the October move your *kitten* challenge.....welcome to the newbies, welcome back to the oldies...

Set your goal, make your ticker or add your goal and current miles moved into your signature and get moving starting Saturday 10/1...please do not post any SEPTEMBER miles here...dinos will update our SEPTEMBER spreadsheet shortly.....only add OCTOBER goals/miles here....welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself....

We started this thread in november 2010 so october will be our 12th month...awesome job to those who have participated from the start: dinos, bluiz13, bigmama65....also those who have been here since almost the start, december: vhuber, ladypersia, toots99, bri1720....and then we have other who have joined each month since and some drop off after joining....the goal is to set a distance goal KM or Miles and track your distance for the month...you are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the miles can be on a treadmill, the stairmaster, the elliptical, the bike, rollerblades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a goal and do the work...report to the thread often to keep dino updated because he tracks our info on a spreadsheet so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to compete with them.....the idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month...welcome and good luck if you decide to join us...

Replies

• andreae13
    andreae13 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great challenge...is it too late to join?
  • bluiz13
    bluiz13 Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    nope you can come in any time...before the month starts, in the middle of the month, at the end...just set your goal in order to achieve by 10/31...
  • IvySummers
    Options
    I'd like to join as well! :) I'm going to need it.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Woohoo welcome newbies!!! Welcome back dedicated movers!!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    I am in for my 4th challenge. I have a crazy month so I am going to lower my goal this month to 88 miles. I will set my ticker when I am done with the September Challenge!
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would like to try this...will start off small....50 miles and if I do better great for me .

exercise.png
  • cindy0716
    Options
    I'm going to sign up for this. Also going to have a small goal - 50 miles - and grow from there ! Now need to figure out how to do the ticker. :-)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    tickerfactory.com.. just make your ticker and copy and paste it into your signature, you'll have to go back there to update it
    I'm going to sign up for this. Also going to have a small goal - 50 miles - and grow from there ! Now need to figure out how to do the ticker. :-)
  • kit_katty
    kit_katty Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • CarolineSuzanneSmith
    Options
    This sounds fun! I'm in! I'll set my goal at...75 miles? I have to add a ticker as well..
  • andreae13
    Options
    Is this just for cardio or can I incorporate my trainer workouts into miles some how?
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I would love to join in. Goal of 50 miles this month.
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    im in , thanks denise...

october goal 500 miles (spinning/biking)
  • bluiz13
    Options
    This sounds fun! I'm in! I'll set my goal at...75 miles? I have to add a ticker as well..

you said 75 but your ticker shows 100...which are you doing??
  • cindy0716
    Options
    checking to see if my ticker worked.
  • bluiz13
    Options
    just measurable distances....bike, treadmill, elliptical, stair stepper, rowing, crosstrainer, arctrainer, outside walking or running or blading or biking or swimming...anything you can measure in a distance you can count...we only track miles/KM...
    Is this just for cardio or can I incorporate my trainer workouts into miles some how?
  • andreae13
    Options
    just measurable distances....bike, treadmill, elliptical, stair stepper, rowing, crosstrainer, arctrainer, outside walking or running or blading or biking or swimming...anything you can measure in a distance you can count...we only track miles/KM...

Gotcha! Looking forward to the challenge!
  • linbee83
    Options
    I'm sorry to say that I'm one of the ones that started, and dropped off! But this month, I'm going to do it!

I'm going to set my goal to 90 miles.
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    ticker added
  • bluiz13
    Options
    dont be sorry about dropping...celebrate coming back...
    I'm sorry to say that I'm one of the ones that started, and dropped off! But this month, I'm going to do it!

I'm going to set my goal to 90 miles.