Operation: Sexy Claus Week #2 9.26.11 (Closed Group)

Options

Replies

• stace0308
    stace0308 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Struggling with making good food choices lately. I work in a medical office and there have been way too many Drug Rep lunches being brought in with cookies, salads, and fat laden yummies.

Celebrity bodies I most admire: Salma Hayek, Halle Berry & Sophia Vegara. All Ladies with curves & not afraid to flaunt them!
  • healthydoseofglitter
    Options
    Those are some great celebrity influences!

Hope everyone is keeping up this week!

Being that it is Wednesday...let's talk about the week! How are we feeling? Are we struggling anywhere? Are we just killing it and doing awesome? Let me know....let US know. Use today as a sort of Q and A session! It is the best way to gain support. We are all in this boat together and the only way we are going to get to the other side is by rowing in unison!

I am feeling great this week. TOM is overrrrrrrrrrr the scale has been going down from the weight I gained by not keeping on track and I have found my love for zumba again. God, I love me some Beto ;) Weight Watchers has been pretty good to me too! I feel like I can still eat what I want on Weight Watchers and loose I just have to manage my points. The real test will be if it helps me get out of the 220s. It seems I have been up and down from 234 to 222 for the past 6 months. I seem to maintain at 228. This morning I was 228.4 so hopefully soon I will see 210s during the month of October. I really wanted to get as close as I can to 199 by 11/25 because I am going wedding dress shopping that day. So we will see, if I don't get there I'm not going to stress about it as long as I am not walking down the isle at 200lb+ in June 2012 I will be happy.

Shout out to kystl because she is really an amazing women .... even with 2 jobs she still finds a way to come on here and support and put together this all for us. :flowerforyou:
  • whitneysaenz
    whitneysaenz Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Having a better week than last week, for sure! Finally got back into the gym yesterday after about 2 months. I had a migraine but went anyways... feeling AMAZING and EMPOWERED today! Can't believe I let myself stay away for that long. On the food front, I have not wanted to cook whatsoever.... I need to start it up again. I'm reallllly lacking on my water intake and one of my goals for today is to really focus on getting in at least 8 glasses. I usually drink a ton while I'm at the gym, so hopefully I'll concur this one today!

Hope everyone is doing well. :)
  • miss_amy
    Options

Being that it is Wednesday...let's talk about the week! How are we feeling? Are we struggling anywhere? Are we just killing it and doing awesome? Let me know....let US know. Use today as a sort of Q and A session! It is the best way to gain support. We are all in this boat together and the only way we are going to get to the other side is by rowing in unison!

I'm doing pretty great this week. I've worked out every day so far. Debating on whether or not to work out today or take a rest day. I plan on working out tomorrow and Saturday so I will probably take today off to relax. :) I'm trying to focus on eating more protein and making sure I eat at least 1200 NET calories (I always seem to be under). But overall, I'm pretty proud of myself for sticking to it & having another successful week. Looking forward to weigh in!
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    YES, I love her build....
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I need to add more strength training and start my JM buns and thighs dvd....
    I need to find more time to workout....I really want 2 hours a day
  • brooke0206
    brooke0206 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Missed the question of the day yesterday.... I think my ideal celeb body would be Kim Kardashian.

TOM is killing me!!! Making me want sweets like crazy and just making me feel blah! I have been doing much better with water but I need to kick my butt in gear and get some workouts in!!
  • _Splenda_
    _Splenda_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Better late than never. I cant really call it a slip-up but i was on vacation last Thursday-Monday. I went to Miami, yes, the land of the bikini. LOL BUTTTTT to my surprise, i came back & weighed in and didn't gain weight. Before i went, i had it in my head that even though i was on vacation, i would still fit workouts in each day. yeahhhh that didnt (really) happen. BUT each day, we did manage to walk about 3 miles per day. even was able to walk about 1.5 miles on the beach IN SAND. my legs were tight.

needless to say, i am back from vacay & have my eye on the prize! I've been working hard these past couple of days (eating not has great as it should be) and I've managed to lose about a pound since being back :)

My goal for the next 32 days is to burn at least 1,000 calories each day. I've begun my Insanity Dvd's coupled with Jillian Michaels " No More Trouble Zones" AND the C2k running program (even though I am a runner) it'll help me witht he interval training.

Hope everyone else is handling business!!!!! i wish you continued success on this journey!
  • _Splenda_
    Options
    Regardless, it's a loss. Congrats!!
  • _Splenda_
    Options
    Question of the Day: Where did you maybe slip up last week, that you need to improve for this week?

More exercise... I didn't exercise enough last week... Plus NONE this weekend!!!

Last week 313
    This week 309

4LBS DOWN!!!! CONGRATS!!!!
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options

Hope this makes you feel better - it's actually Thursday!!

I am actually doing great so far this week. I have worked out everyday, been under my calories everyday and have gotten 8 glasses of water everyday. I really hope that the scale shows all my hard work this week.
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I need to make more time for myself and do more strength training.
  • nicole00lynn
    Options

I was doing better with my eating this week, but then I had pizza and ice cream last night.... Other than that, ive been EXTREMELY sore from my workouts. Like, taking every other day off sore. Im not sure what this is about, but hopefully I can continue to work through it.

Has anyone with knee issues done P90X? My boyfriend wants to start doing it this weekend - although i wish he wanted to start with something easier - and I'm worried about the stress of it on my knees.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

I was doing better with my eating this week, but then I had pizza and ice cream last night.... Other than that, ive been EXTREMELY sore from my workouts. Like, taking every other day off sore. Im not sure what this is about, but hopefully I can continue to work through it.

Has anyone with knee issues done P90X? My boyfriend wants to start doing it this weekend - although i wish he wanted to start with something easier - and I'm worried about the stress of it on my knees.

I would suggest making sure you are not on an extrememly hard surface when doing it. I would look into a shock-resistant mat to start or off with. But as long as you relatively light on your feet, you should be fine! :)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    So this week has been going pretty good. Having a gym buddy is DEF helping getting my big olde butt to the gym. I am a little worried about this weekend as my family is celebrating thanksgiving this weekend (it's actually next weekend for all my American peeps) and as we all know... those are some of the best tasting and can be the worst for you EVER - think pumpkin pie, mashed potatoes, gravy, etc.... Thinking I will load up on turkey and hope I fall asleep from the tryptophan before I eat too much ;)
  • punkrawkcutie
    punkrawkcutie Posts: 439 Member
    Options

Yeah I'm with you on this one. I need to make more time for myself and do more strength training.

That makes 3 of us!
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Sounds like everyone is getting some great support from their family and friends!

So today's topic is: What celebrity body do you admire? This is just a fun question not to be taken to seriously lol We all know celebrities have trainers and everything else on their side...but just for us to have fun with.

I know I"m a day late but I would say Laila Ali and I like Queen Latifah too when she is smaller. I like them becuz they are pretty tall like me. :)
  • kiki75243
    kiki75243 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

This week i'm feeling pretty good I've gotten some pretty good workout in....I'm still doing the 30 day shred and Turbo jam or eleptical. I think I need to focus a little more on stregnth training though I hate my arms. Ohhh and I can now do real pushup i'm happy about that. But overall for me this week is looking good.
  • Krys_T
    Krys_T Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options

This week i'm feeling pretty good I've gotten some pretty good workout in....I'm still doing the 30 day shred and Turbo jam or eleptical. I think I need to focus a little more on stregnth training though I hate my arms. Ohhh and I can now do real pushup i'm happy about that. But overall for me this week is looking good.

Hurray for the real push-ups! Go girl :)
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options

If your doing the Classic version of P90X you won't have to worry about your knees, ONLY when you do Plyometrix, Kenpo X is great and easy on the knees as will as all the other DVD's.

If your doing the Lean version you are going to be doing a lot of Cardio and this can be harder on your knees!
    I hope this helps!