🌼🌸 June Daily Weigh-in and Logging Challenge 🌸🌼

Options

Replies

• Numer1ca
    Numer1ca Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Good news! Whatever it was I stepped on, the doctor’s fiddling around must have gotten it out. The X-ray came back clear. I’m glad I decided to go do it right away instead of waiting for the next week. Being a Friday afternoon, I was afraid they would turn me away, but I risked it. I still have a lump, but I will soak my foot 2x a day and wear a bandaid while barefoot so that it can go away. And if it hurts, I can ignore it.

@cattherien - this group feels like setting an intention in the morning, and then reflection in the evening, to me. Which is what I need. I was trying on my own as well, and I need a little something to help me focus.

@kebass01 - Happy Birthday. I hear you about not getting any rest with a little around - and a husband. :) It’s just for a few years and then you’ll miss it. But it’s hard to notice that in the moment. Mine are 17 and 20, and now I’m missing those younger years even though I was so, so tired.

SW: 216.8 | May 214.4 |

*** Goals***

Non-weight goals are to make my porridge every day and have standardized meals, with a different salad or soup added in.
    Exercise goals are to stretch 2x a day and walk 5 days a week, minimum a mile.
    Get more sleep. :)
    Weight goal - lose 4 pounds in June - so land at 210.4

05/31 - 214.2 reaching for 212.6 to start the next leg of my journey.
    06/01. 212.6 🎆 I did it, I am starting the next leg! Whoo Hoo!

SW: 216.8
    CW: 214.4
    GW: 199 hold for 6 months
    Greater Seattle Metro Area, WA
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,905 Member
    Options
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,905 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    Hello I'm Darlene. Retired, 63-year-old. Married (Greg), one adult daughter (Allyson), and one goldendoodle (Monty), back for another month with this supportive group. I have been on this weight loss journey since January 2023, and with this group since April 2023.

😎🌻Happy June!🌻😎

My Goals for June

👣 Average 8k Steps (lowering due to knee injury - may increase later in month if I heal)
    📝 Log Daily
    🥗 Stay under my calorie range
    💪 Strength Train 3 days per week
    🧘‍♀️ Stretching routine - 3 days per week
    🫀 Cardio 3 days per week
    💦 8+ glasses of water
    🧂Stay under sodium goal
    📖 🎮 or ME! Read, play a game or Me time daily
    ⚖️ Lose 2% of body weight - Stretch Goal 4 pounds

👣 📝 🥗💪🫀 🧘‍♀️ 💦🧂📖🎮ME!

Starting Weight 228

SW Dec: 228 | Jan: 217 | Feb: 212 | Mar: 207.6 | Apr 200.2 | May 194.8 | Jun: 189.6 | Jul: 187.4 | Aug: 179.8 | Sept: 174.2 | Oct: 169.6 | Nov 164.6 | Dec 164 | Jan 159.8 | Feb 156.8 | Mar 152.8 | Apr 151.6 | May 149.6

June Starting Weight: 149.6

Each Month I write a reflection on how the month went. Here is mine from May if you want to read. For the new people (and the not so new)- I strongly encourage you to take some before pictures. I didn't do so in the beginning and I regret it. It takes a LONG time to actually see a difference in yourself, and to be honest takes a long time for those that are around you every day to see it too. If you take some before and after pictures every month you'll notice the difference sooner, which can be quite a motivating to keep going. You will acctually see all the hard work that you are doing is paying off. And believe me it is really hard! Be proud of what you are doing - put yourself first sometimes. You are allowed to do so! You've Got This!

May Reflection

I’ll start with the good this month. I lost weight this month! Not the four pounds I wanted to lose but a loss. Two pounds towards my goal and met my goal to get into the 140s! I am down 78.4 pounds since starting my weight loss journey.

I reached the 1,200 mile marker on my quest to walk 2,024 miles in 2024. I have logged 1,215 miles to date. My tracker remains in the purple range (that means I will make it). So far have averaged 7.99 miles per day. This tracker is all miles walked – not just intentional. I am also tracking my intentional miles, just to see how I do. To date I have tracked 917.9 intentional miles. This puts me at 45% complete (just ahead of where I should be to meet the goal).

My Biggest Loser and Hogwarts challenges both were running in May. I have wonderful teams for both challenges. Such a fantastic and inspiring group of people all helping each other meet our goals. I have said it before and I will say it again, I wouldn’t be where I am without them. They keep me motivated and accountable and make this journey a fun one.

Now for the ugly - I had an injury mid-month that has been very discouraging for my goals. I hurt my knee somehow which has limited my mobility. For the past couple weeks have been limited to a few small walks, and mostly seated chair exercises. I found a couple workouts that are halfway decent, but honestly don’t know how well I am actually burning calories. I had an orthopedic appointment and MRI, but am still waiting for my follow-up appointment to discuss what they found. It is scheduled for June 4th. I have been continuing the strength, cardio, and stretch exercises but my 17K a day steps didn’t happen. I did not meet my 250 miles or my 150 miles of intentional walking this month.

I finished the first book of the Harry Potter series, along with my Hogwarts Challenge. I am continuing to read the third book of the Invisible Library Series – “The Burning Page”, but honestly don’t really enjoy it – so it has been a tough one.

I have realized that my mission to reach the ideal range by my birthday in August will be a stretch and that is disappointing. Realistically, and at the rate I have been losing lately, it will probably be October so am setting this as my new goal. After reaching, I want to lose another five pounds to keep myself under control. My goal to reach that additional five pounds is my two-year mark on this journey – January 8, 2025!

I WILL get there.

My June Goals:

• Lose 4 pounds (always my goal), but be happy with a 2% loss for the month
    • Alternate days of Cardio and Strength Training
    • Stretch 3 days per week
    • Finish the Burning Page and find something fun to read

My Before and After for May:

wl61a7zo63pa.png

June 1: 149.6 👣 📝 🥗💪🫀 🧘‍♀️ 💦🧂📖🎮ME! Got it all done yesterday. Today will be a fun day - still hope to get it all done. My sister is having a picnic today, with the family and friends. I promise to make some good choices and will do my best to log everything. Hoping not to see the 50s tomorrow but I do expect it - and it will be temporary!

June 2: 150.2 📝💦🎮ME! What I expected, but had a wonderful time yesterday. I logged everything (and it wasn't pretty). Back to it today!

• Rh1aB1a
    Rh1aB1a Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Happy June!!! <3

SW-151.6
    GW-148
    UGW-140.0

1. DNW
    2. 151.6 <3
  • cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hey all, Charlene here. I'm 58yo, 5'8", married 40 years to Allen, 6 kids, 9 grandkids, and I'm a caregiver for the elderly so they can stay in their homes.

Highest weight: 199 in 2011
    Lowest weight: 148 in 2017
    Ultimate Goal weight: 150

April 30: 182.3
    May 31: 182.2
    June goal: 180.0

June 1: 182.1 🥛✍️ 😀
    June 2: 180.6 🥛✍️ 🤯 🥳🥳🥳

Well that was fast and rather anticlimactic... 😂😂

It was all water; I was up probably 8 times last night to go potty. I feel like I need to make sure I know where the bathroom is, everywhere I go, these last 2 days of meeting my water goal. I hear that this does get better as your body gets accustomed to the increased fluids.

On the other hand, it might be a UTI coming on. I haven't had one in years and I'm not prone to them, but never say never. I have cranberry pills, so I might take those for a few days, just in case. But any overt symptoms besides urinary frequency, and I'll go to the doctor.

I'm off work today, might go play disc golf with Allen after church. If not, I'll do laundry and work on dinner/meal preps, and maybe more de-stashing.

• cattherien
    cattherien Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    @deepwoodslady thank you ❤️

My daughter also loves that cranberry goat cheese!

If your grandson doesn't have a script for the pink eye, any eye drops with zinc sulfate will clear it up; zinc sulfate has antibiotic properties, and we used it successfully when our kids were little [It was called Visine AC back then.]

@kebass01 Happy Birthday!!🎉

@ginnygee1 welcome to the group, and congrats on the 5lb loss for May.

@numer1ca great news about your foot!!

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,792 Member
    Options
    Happy June! 🌸🌼
    My goals this month are to enjoy being outside, spending time with family, and fully embrace my journey to better health.

Here is to logging, walking, and weighing daily!

June 1: 211.6
    June 2: 211.5

Jill 🥰
  • Dr_Axe
    Dr_Axe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    June challenge here we go!
    I am looking forward to getting out and enjoying the warm weather.
    I don't have a specific weight goal in mind. I beat my tentative goal of 225, after 9 months with MFP, last month. I just want to get rid of this muffin top that still remains.
    I'm going to continue my current calorie deficit and avg. 10k walking a day.

Lets all get happy and healthy together!
  • koeitjiesa
    koeitjiesa Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I'm back for the June challenge.

June goal: 84kg

1 Jun - DNW (away for the weekend)
    2 Jun - DNW (away for the weekend)
    3 Jun -
    4 Jun -
    5 Jun -
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,232 Member
    Options
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    @cattherien Thanks for the info on the drops. He did get a script for it, however, I may look for the product you mentioned and keep some on hand for the future! So good to know!

Welcome to all the Newbies. It's wonderful to have you here!
  • deepwoodslady
    Options
    weight.png

My name is Donna. I am 5’ 5” tall, 64 years old and from Michigan USA. In 2016 I weighed 253 lbs. I am on a journey of health and to get back to the real me.

Every healthy habit brings me closer to scratching each of these off to NEVER see them again!
    250’s; 240’s; 230’s; 220's; 210's; 200's; 190's; 180’s; 170's; 160's; 150’s

This Challenge Starting Weight (from May 31st): 181.8
    Goal: 177.8 (Four lb Loss)
    Actual Ending Weight: xxxxx
    Total Lost/Gained this month: xxxxx

**********************ONE DAY, ONE STEP, ONE DECISION AT A TIME********************

Weight in blue makes me blue because it’s a gain. Weight in fuchsia pink makes me feel cheery because it’s a loss. Weight in black means no change.

06/01-182.4-(Trend Weight 185.3)- A bit of an increase today. It’s probably leveling out from all the drops lately (nearly 6 lbs in 3 days!) So I’m okay with this but would love to see some more progress start back up by the start of the new week. I’m babysitting pink-eye grandson today while his mom runs errands as he can’t be taken anywhere right now. I would love to travel later to reach an Aldi’s. That would mean a bit of a trip and dinner out but I really want to re-stock my goat cheese. They sell a 6 oz goat cheese log rolled in cranberry and cinnamon which is divine! It makes a nice little snack for me one ounce at a time. I ran out and really missed my ounce last night. If I don’t go today due to babysitting, then maybe I’ll go tomorrow. It’s warm and beautiful out today. My skin is craving the Vitamin D. Enjoy your Saturday everyone and good luck this round. For most of us it is now the summer season/shorts weather. Let’s feel good in our skin and in our summer clothing! As always, cheering you on, my friends!

06/02-183.4-(Trend Weight 185.2)- I had another one of my “becoming-too-common” snack fests last night. While I stuck mainly to my “approved snacks”, it still put me over on cals, carbs and every macro. I realized later that I had not even really been hungry. I think it was more habit than anything. I have been doing great at sticking to my pre-logged meals that are all within plan and bound to show results. And then comes that evening self-sabotage. I’ve tried everything I can think of including making my final meal so late that I’ve even eaten at 10 or 11 pm all to no avail. Those snacks are going to come afterward, usually about an hour later, no matter what! I have even woke up from a hard sleep to go potty and found my snacks and ate them half-asleep. It’s time for me to research what I can do about this habitual habit that has become much more than annoying. It reminds me of my hand-to-mouth habit I had to break when I quit smoking 17 years ago. That’s when I gained nearly 90 pounds and this whole mess began! Another pound up today. I didn’t go out of town yesterday or today. I didn’t need a restaurant meal so close to that snacking fest. It will have to wait.

06/03-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/04-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/05-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/06-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/07-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/08-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/09-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/10-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/11-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/12-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/13-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/14-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/15-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/16-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/17-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/18-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/19-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/20-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/21-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/22-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/23-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/24-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/25-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/26-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/27-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/28-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/29-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

06/30-xxxxx-(Trend Weight xxxxx)-

• yodaloo88
    yodaloo88 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi! Here to try this challenge for daily accountability :) I officially started my healthy eating plan on Wednesday- it is still very much a work in progress but taking it one day at a time :)

SW- May 2024- 401lb
    UGL- Unsure
    June goal weight- 380lb

1/6- 390.6;b
    2/6- 389.6lb (I am so happy to see an "8" there. I was over 400lb a week ago so It's nice to skip over the 390s so fast)
    3/6-
    4/6-
    5/6-
    6/6-
    7/6-

400s 390s 380s 370s 360s 350s
  • hayds342
    hayds342 Posts: 1,213 Member
    edited June 3
    Options
    S
  • Walela617
    Walela617 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Many thanks for the welcome!

My weight on June 2 is 157.6:
    bwzx31rmisaa.png
    I will post weight daily and stats every Sunday.

Best to all!
    Carole
  • lifechanges2day
    lifechanges2day Posts: 396 Member
    Options

Hi my name is Kathy 55yr 5'5"
    From NY finger lakes region

SW: 2/04/24: 191.4lb
    UGW: 9/08/24: 145lb
    March 01: 184.9lb
    W: 3/31: 177.0lb
    W: 4/30: 171.9lb