• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    q94ekvmd1j39.png
    rz9elkbtkbdn.png
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    While Corey and Pat were happily putting together a makeshift smoker in the back yard yesterday in order to smoke country pork ribs, then smoking them, I was happily in the house putting together my self-selected anniversary present - two seven-drawer chests for my craft room:
    30ysf6562db0.png

Hope it is/was a peaceful Sunday,
    Love,
    Lisa in AR

Well done!

I'm debating about something like this for my colouring pens, but it seems a bit short to me. If I got it, I think I'd have to put it up on something.

I like that they are all at an angle like that though.

ge02ulgkskn6.png

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,803 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    I wake up exhausted..,I wake up every morning tired,its supposed to be sunny and 86 today
    Had a yogurt and will have my pills.
    Will get outside later on..
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    Today is: Love your dentist (not) day. I’m more for the rotisserie chicken and rocky road day!
    kathv8d3p2sc.jpeg
    4kbv7qldze9g.jpeg
    1pjdctbrpeg1.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,423 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    Ginny - good to see you back with us. Very sad to hear about your brother, glad the Seroquel helped him sleep at least for a few days. Miss Luna was too generous with her germs. The condo unit sounds intriguing and just what you were looking for, anxious to hear more when you get a chance. Thanks for checking up on Kylia.

Terri - isn't it funny, life off grid is how we grew up and lived the first several decades of our lives. I remember seeing the weather report either in the evening paper, on TV news or hearing it on the radio. That was before Doppler radar and satellite forecasts. I think they were just as accurate back then, lol. Nice you finally got everything back in working order.

Margaret- I love peonies, love their wonderful scent. Thanks for the photo, I can smell it from here! Can't get them or lilacs to bloom worth a hoot at my house, even though I've tried. Fond memories of them in my Grandmother's garden - they do so well in the Midwest.

Lisa - glad the brothers had an enjoyable evening and got the smoker put together and initiated. You rock putting that cabinet together. I had to laugh at it being too fiddly for Corey and Patrick to put together. In the olden days, I would hide projects like this from DH since he'd tend to take over and not read directions and get aggravated. When he'd be out mowing, I'd get busy. :p

Kylia - this Bob & Brad video came into my feed today. All about backwards walking. :p I'm lucky to have a long hallway I can walk down, touching both walls. Haven't done it in a while, need to resume. Interesting how Bob uses a stick to help with balance while he's going backwards.
    Heather - so happy you'll be able to head home soon. Good luck with the stair climbing.

Carol - hope your hearing aids work great. Did you get the over-the-ear ones or the ear insert ones? I try to get at least 6 hours wearing mine until the top of my ear hurts too much. Hope that's enough to stimulate that part of my brain that needs stimulating, lol. (Some days it ALL does!) Were you able to find a lawn service?

Annie - "Friends with Benefits" :o . In a way, it's good that your dad still has the ability to use the computer and internet but now it sounds like he needs more monitoring. Sounds like a good plan in the works to keep him occupied at the Senior Center, and you'll be able to resume horseback riding. Did you find new lawn guys?

Rita - awesome that you are finishing your Sci-Fi story. Crossing fingers your A/C unit lasts for a long time - glad you are used to the heat and have plenty of water. Wonder if the park will be real busy today with folks coming in to cool off?

I made a super early shopping trip to town this morning. Skipped the gym.

The goal in the pre-diabetes class is to work up to 150 minutes of activity per week - cardio and/or strength. As of yesterday, I was already at 350 minutes, so don't need 20 minutes on the gym treadmill. Until my shoulder settles down, the machines aren't advisable and the alternative is to use their free weights. I have them at home. Plus, I'm backing off the steps today - overdoing it walking on the pavement is likely one reason my feet hurt. 2 months ago the foot doc said back off on the steps, OK to do half what I was doing (at the time -12,000 or more. :/ ) until my foot heals up.

I'm not training for a marathon so no need to keep pushing. And even if I was, good to take a break to avoid injury. Hard to break old habits.

Make it a super day, ladies. <3

Lanette B)
    SW WA State

PS - Almost forgot - reminder to get your Weekly Check-in info to me by noon tomorrow. TIA :p
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Well the guy to repair driveway never showed up on Saturday like he said he would. He's not very reliable. Will our cute little green car ever get to sleep in her bedroom/garage???😂. I can hear her just looking at the house muttering, "really"?

Today is leftover Thanksgiving feast from the other week. So each of us smashed our favorites in a plastic container so not quite sure what I put. Whatever it is, it will be yummy. I saved a slice of cranberry jelly, and put it in the freezer. That will be interesting to see how cranberry jelly thaws huh?
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Rebecca, don’t know about cranberry jelly, but cranberry sauce thaws just fine!
    Beth I find your implant journey fascinating! Thanks for sharing the journey and so excited that you are starting to hear real sounds!
    Heather, thanks to you for sharing your hip surgery story. I’m hoping to never need it, but it’s good to hear about the journey from someone who has first hand experience. Right now my take away from it is that I need to be in the best possible condition before I need it, I’m assuming it will make your recovery much easier.
    Allie, so nice to see Carmine interacting with Miles!
    I’m sure there are more posts that I wanted to comment on but, as usual, the memory fails. Congrats to those celebrating, hugs for those who need them (extra hugs for those of you who have recently suffered losses) and welcome to the new gals!
    It’s a rainy day here, but my friend and I managed to do our full walk anyway. The rain didn’t start getting bad til we were at our turn around spot so we did have to finish, lol. Ah well, we both had good rain jackets so all was well.
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island