What foods do you eat to help you stay fuller for longer?

Options
caylapal888
caylapal888 Posts: 50 Member
Foods I Eat To Help Me Stay Fuller Longer
Pasture Raised Eggs
Oatmeal
Bread
Rice
Potatoes
Beans
Pasta
Grits
Popcorn
Nut Butters
Nuts & Seeds
Coconut Milk
Soup
Bananas
Fresh Fruit In Between Meals
Extra Vegetables At Meal Times

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    Meat and the fat that comes with it and some veg. Works like a charm.
  • caylapal888
    Options
    Meat and the fat that comes with it and some veg. Works like a charm.

I am plant-based. I dabble in some plant-based meats and they help keep me full. If I knew cooked right tofu was so good I would have been eating it years ago lol
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'm happy for you. :)
  • jubrown3
    jubrown3 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I’ve found a Chinese restaurant that makes tofu with lots of veggies in a gluten free white sauce. The serving always lasts 2 meals, sometimes 3. It’s a big treat and economically smart at the same time.
    I aspire to cook tofu at home more & keep some in my fridge. I love it fortunately, a big help being gluten and lately also dairy free.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Carbs fill me up, protein keeps me full and fat as necessary. My go-to breakfast lately is an oatmeal shake with sous-vide egg bites and a small apple on the side. I don’t eat lunch usually, but make myself have veggies with some kind of dip in the afternoon and then some kind of protein, veg and starch for dinner. Very, very basic, but very, very low effort as well.
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fat definitely helps me feel fuller longer. When I ate a low-fat diet, I found myself constantly hungry for carbs, especially sugary foods. Adding healthy fats like nuts and avocado helped a lot. I also occasionally eat proteins that are higher in fat like ground sirloin and steak.
  • caylapal888
    Options
    jubrown3 wrote: »
    I’ve found a Chinese restaurant that makes tofu with lots of veggies in a gluten free white sauce. The serving always lasts 2 meals, sometimes 3. It’s a big treat and economically smart at the same time.
    I aspire to cook tofu at home more & keep some in my fridge. I love it fortunately, a big help being gluten and lately also dairy free.

That does sound yummy. I have yet to order tofu at a Chinese Restaurant. I definitely will soon! Are you gluten free by choice or allergy?
  • caylapal888
    Options
    COGypsy wrote: »
    Carbs fill me up, protein keeps me full and fat as necessary. My go-to breakfast lately is an oatmeal shake with sous-vide egg bites and a small apple on the side. I don’t eat lunch usually, but make myself have veggies with some kind of dip in the afternoon and then some kind of protein, veg and starch for dinner. Very, very basic, but very, very low effort as well.

Sounds delicious. I am an oatmeal lover for sure. What do you add to your shake?
  • caylapal888
    Options
    lisakatz2 wrote: »
    Fat definitely helps me feel fuller longer. When I ate a low-fat diet, I found myself constantly hungry for carbs, especially sugary foods. Adding healthy fats like nuts and avocado helped a lot. I also occasionally eat proteins that are higher in fat like ground sirloin and steak.

I most definitely need to add more avocados to my diet, even mixing them in sauces and dressings to stretch them and help me feel fuller longer sounds great.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,736 Member
    edited June 2
    Options
    s45ihbo50ou3.jpg
    9y3j9zowmg0j.jpg
    Steamed mixed cruciferIus and root vegetables
    tofu,
    2h7c0ai1lxcd.jpg
    beans ( expecially Garbonzos) , Apple or Watermelon
    big green salads,
    stews in winter,
    " power sandwich", Ezekiel with hummus, microgreens, maybe shredded carrot,
    plant protein shakes
    Raw veggies
    Sweet potatoes j2uyxy6e67so.jpg
    j5h8k0k233sd.jpg
    d7gcfgsensg3.jpg
    pvgr75aubkey.jpg
    hn1hlp2eu8t1.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,863 Member
    Options
    Generally, for me satiation seems to be about a pattern of getting good overall nutrition (predominantly from traditional foods, whole foods, some lightly processed ones); plus a solid breakfast with plenty of protein, protein through the day, and some high-volume food at some point, usually a big heap of veggies at dinner time. For me, fat isn't remotely filling, and it's usually the nutrient I need to most pay attention to in order to get an adequate minimum of it within calories. But that's just me.

I think satiation can be quite individual, and that experimentation can help a person figure out their own best approach. Other people can provide ideas to try, but there are so many different things that seem to work for different people that I don't think there's "one true way".
  • COGypsy
    Options

Sounds delicious. I am an oatmeal lover for sure. What do you add to your shake?

I order the Oats Overnight shake mixes. I just soak a packet overnight in a cup of oat milk and it’s ready to go in the morning. It would probably cost the earth to get all the little goodies they put in there. They have chia seeds and things like that mixed in, plus a huge variety of flavors.
  • firecrackergirls1621
    firecrackergirls1621 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

How do you make your oatmeal shake? I have tried and it either comes out lumpy or way to much liquid.
  • caylapal888
    Options
    VegjoyP wrote: »
    s45ihbo50ou3.jpg
    9y3j9zowmg0j.jpg
    Steamed mixed cruciferIus and root vegetables
    tofu,
    2h7c0ai1lxcd.jpg
    beans ( expecially Garbonzos) , Apple or Watermelon
    big green salads,
    stews in winter,
    " power sandwich", Ezekiel with hummus, microgreens, maybe shredded carrot,
    plant protein shakes
    Raw veggies
    Sweet potatoes j2uyxy6e67so.jpg
    j5h8k0k233sd.jpg
    d7gcfgsensg3.jpg
    pvgr75aubkey.jpg
    hn1hlp2eu8t1.jpg

Wow that all looks amazing!!!
  • COGypsy
    edited June 3
    Options

How do you make your oatmeal shake? I have tried and it either comes out lumpy or way to much liquid.

I put about 8 oz of oat milk in a blender bottle, add a couple of scoops of some collagen protein I’m trying to use up and dump the oat shake package into the milk, shake it up, and let it sit in the fridge overnight. I like it a little looser so it’s easier to drink in the car, but you can adjust the milk to your preference. I’m not really a “homemade” anything kind of girl, so I keep it simple.