Calorie deficit #sufferingsquad

Options
Just a place to rant about wanting food that we cannot have ✌️

Replies

• claireychn074
    claireychn074 Posts: 1,442 Member
    edited May 29
    Options
    Is there a food you cannot have for any reason other than allergy / reaction?

Generally I think it’s good to pick the more nutritious fibre rich options, but chocolate, cake, alcohol or fast food can all be part of losing weight, as long as you balance your CICO 🤷‍♂️

ETA I can’t eat curries unless I prepare them from scratch myself as I’m allergic to coriander and curry powder. Not being to go to my fave Asian fusion restaurants is definitely unfair.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,861 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    The peace signed to me indicates that there is some fun in this post and that it is simply a place for us to have a good time whining unnecessarily.

With that in mind… I give you…

CHIPS BY THE BAGFUL. LAYS. CHEDDAR. And that sour cream and onion dip with wavy lays.

OMG! A bag of baked barbecue Lays!

Nope. Never again.

I love them too much. The taste and texture for some reason are like an addiction to me.
  • sagewoll
    sagewoll Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    csplatt wrote: »
    The peace signed to me indicates that there is some fun in this post and that it is simply a place for us to have a good time whining unnecessarily.

With that in mind… I give you…

CHIPS BY THE BAGFUL. LAYS. CHEDDAR. And that sour cream and onion dip with wavy lays.

Yeah, the dip erodes what precious little food-related self control I have, I just can't buy it lol
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    A bacon and avocado burger. With fries. My doctor has suggested that I move away from beef. I asked how far I have to move... Very far, it seems.

Also, I'll make the sour cream and onion dip if you bring the wavy chips. I can't even go near them actually. I have zero self control :blush:
  • peggy_polenta
    peggy_polenta Posts: 325 Member
    edited May 30
    Options
    there are worse things in the world than not being able to eat the things you wish you could.
    like not having working legs or eyes. you have had a lifetime to be able to indulge in the those things and those things are the things that got you to where you are right now. like dr. now says...'you have eaten the next four years worth of food. youre not gonna starve.'
    food is not a reward and people need to stop looking at food as a reward. the reward is good health and being fit and feeling good. being able to run for the green light instead of slowing down so it turns yellow so you don't have to run. its being able to walk to a clearance rack of clothes and picking out a pair of jeans for 10 bucks and knowing they will fit and look good without trying them on. whats more important to you? that food you 'can't have' that gives you 5 mins of gratification or long term benefits of minding your intake?
  • slw37
    slw37 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Lots of buzz kill in the light-hearted thread fail. Sorry OP.
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    slw37 wrote: »
    Lots of buzz kill in the light-hearted thread fail. Sorry OP.

yeah kinda ruined it
  • earlybirdlady
    earlybirdlady Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Rice. Allllll the rice! I still eat it, but growing up in a middle eastern household a half cup of rice with my meal is a bit sad 😆 But family history of diabetes is talking louder than my cravings these days so that’s helping me stay focused 🤷‍♀️
  • AstralCrazy
    AstralCrazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I understand the previous posts, but really if I had all the food I wanted in a day even moderation wouldn't save me :D

That being said, if I could have one excessively huge meal right now and I knew it would fit into my day without having to skip meals or a week of getting back on track, SEAFOOD BOIL. I would eat like five portions worth (my eyes tell me it's possible lol)