"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Lamb and vegetables last night for dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class today. Inlaws visiting till Tuesday for some baptisms and birthdays.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Long day and finishing the month strong.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Chicken, rice and vegetables for dinner.
  • DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Lower Body

Food: Yesterday was my little girl's birthday, she wanted dinner at a local buffet, ended up putting away four plates of food, plus salad and dessert.

I was going to click the "inspiring" button but didn't want to come off as sarcastic. :) That's impressive eating, @nossmf. I myself had Mazzio's wings, a slice of pizza, and three cinnamon bread things for supper. Then an evening workout on the elliptical, but of course that didn't make up for the junk-y dinner, followed by a brownie.

I think I need a tough love fitness thread with accountability. I don't know if my MFP friends can still see my food diary now that the newsfeeds are going away, or if they ever looked at it, tbh.

So is the idea we post workouts AND dinner? But not earlier meals, @ninerbuff ?
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! New month and new aspirations!!! I look forward to a great summer!

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x15

Assessment: Tocino and rice with bok choi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. My nephew's Bday today and it's sponsored at my house.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Party food for dinner.
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,747 Member
    Options
    So is the idea we post workouts AND dinner? But not earlier meals?

Post whatever you feel you need for accountability purposes. Niner by default posts dinners, nothing says you have to post any food, or you can post more. Guess the only consideration, beyond remaining courteous, is limit yourself to one post per day, especially now if you intend this thread to replace your newsfeed.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Weights: Lower Body

Food: Yesterday was my little girl's birthday, she wanted dinner at a local buffet, ended up putting away four plates of food, plus salad and dessert.

I was going to click the "inspiring" button but didn't want to come off as sarcastic. :) That's impressive eating, @nossmf. I myself had Mazzio's wings, a slice of pizza, and three cinnamon bread things for supper. Then an evening workout on the elliptical, but of course that didn't make up for the junk-y dinner, followed by a brownie.

I think I need a tough love fitness thread with accountability. I don't know if my MFP friends can still see my food diary now that the newsfeeds are going away, or if they ever looked at it, tbh.

So is the idea we post workouts AND dinner? But not earlier meals, @ninerbuff ?
    Post whatever you feel is necessary for you to stay on track, stay motivated, inspire, etc. I don't eat breakfast and lunch is usually the same thing (pho).

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Good weekend getting a lot done at home.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x15

Assessment: Party food all day yesterday and cake because of birthday party. Lol, I'm glad parties are over for awhile.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Barbecue chicken and bok choi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chicken and bok choi for dinner again.
  • nossmf
    edited June 5
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body - Monday

Bench Press 10x3x76% 1RM (Final set AMAP, got 12)
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 3x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Food: Spaghetti with side salad

Weights: Lower Body - Tuesday

Rack Pull 5x10, 8, 6, 4, 2
    DB Lunges 3x10
    Leg Press 4x10 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 4x15 (Last Set Drop Set)
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Food: home grilled burgers

My US Army son is home for the week to celebrate his and my birthdays. He can run circles around me (man, I would love to see him now vs me in my prime!), and his strength in the gym has made huge progress. But I still showed him he has a lot of work ahead of him before he can outlift the old man!
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Cardio: 21 min. walking; 12 min. stair climber; 2 min. Helix trainer
    Conditioning: 10 min. free weight arm exercises and squats with 15 lb weights
    Food:
    B: black tea with half and half; Gk yogurt with blueberries and a waffle; L: 1/4 of a bean and cheese quesadilla (since I basically had a second b'fast); S: homemade lasagna, salad, homemade bread with garlic butter (gee, I wonder why the scale isn't moving??)
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class today. It's been a hot week so far and our AC and water fountain have ceased to work. Hopefully gets repaired soon cause the studio is like a sauna during class.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Dinaguan and bok choi for dinner.

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    I had to look up dinaguan.

Sounds interesting. I might be too squeamish to try it, just like I still have a resistance to eating insects even though I know it's a good option.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    I had to look up dinaguan.

Sounds interesting. I might be too squeamish to try it, just like I still have a resistance to eating insects even though I know it's a good option.
    It's actually really good. Any time I've given it to friends and NOT tell them what it is first, they seem to like it.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body

Incline Bench Press 4x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Upright Row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner was hotdogs and s'mores over an open fire (plus a protein shake since hotdogs have next to no protein content)
  • DiscusTank5
    edited June 6
    Options
    Dinner: honey mustard salmon, stuffed mushrooms, broccoli https://photos.app.goo.gl/JKKwWsfGkpJY3QDFA

Exercise: 15 min walk; 15 min bike ride
  • DVDBEASTMODE
    DVDBEASTMODE Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone if you would like some friends some motivation a place to chat you can add me and join our group of nearly 150 members.
    Check us out https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/146531-no-more-newsfeed-group
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Another long day for me, but at least I'll have a shorter afternoon than usual.
    Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Dinaguan with rice for dinner again.