• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    :)
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    edited June 9
    Options
    Went in the pool then on my way to church gave the juniper to my neighbor who wanted it. Afterwards, had dinner and then watered the new plants (hoping they’ll live)

I have one bathing suit (chlorine resistant) that I wear to the Y and one that I wear at home. I think I’m going to switch them because the one I was wearing to the Y, the one shoulder strap keeps falling down. However, I do want to stitch in the cups because I know that the lining there will eventually be eaten away by the chlorine. We don’t have as much in our pool so I didn’t worry about it

I think I may have found out one of the reasons I got so much juniper. It doesn’t look like you had to dig too far down to plant it. I planted wormwood and digging in this red clay was no joke.

Sunday here:

Did Crunch Bootcamp DVD then walked to Food Lion for bananas for Vince and hot dogs (that are on sale) for Vince. Then went to WalMart. I think we’re going to go out by the pool and pare my phone so that I can use the receiver and listen to music in the pool.

Made some quinoa for us to have another day. Really, it reminded me of farina

Heather – I never doubted for one second that you would be returning to health quickly. What a joy to take a walk. So happy for you

Not that this is a surprise, but as I get older I find that I’m needing lighter weights and having to do low impact cardio. Well, none of the instructors in the exercise videos is elderly. It’s just annoying in a sense when I used to be able to use 10lb weights now I need 8lb weights. But at least I’m still doing them

M – love the shade of blue. Not real dark but not real light either

Allie – just let me add that I worked with a boy who had CP. Boy, was he intelligent! And had a memory like you wouldn’t believe! Yes, he was in a wheelchair, yes he didn’t have much control of his arms and none of his legs, but I was amazed at all the things he could do

Have yogurt in the IP right now

I’ll get my dinner ready (Vince is just going to have pizza) and then probably go outside.

Michele NC
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,026 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Brownie — DH wants to wait it out. I feel bad for her because when she has an accident in the RV, she looks so embarrassed. She tries really hard to get outside before the ‘spill’. I use doggie pee pads when we leave to go shopping or for more than an hour which works, but I tried them on the bed and it didn’t work. It got mashed into a ball from our sleeping and my tossing and turning. We are trying a plastic table cloth, but she won’t lay on it. Too different for her. The accidents seem to only occur when she’s sleeping and getting more frequent. I had to toss the dog bed yesterday. She sleeps on a piece of carpet remnant now which I can easily spray off. I don’t spray off the sheets because we are the hosts in a state park and hanging clothes is frowned upon due to how it makes the park look bad. So, just cleaning as necessary for now. She’s not in any pain and is eating well so will wait a bit longer.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts about this situation. One day at a time is all I can do right now.

Bloodwork tomorrow for thyroid, so a matter of waiting a week for results on that.

RVRita in Windy Roswell.

we have a jerk cat that tends to pee on our bed from time to time(does great for months then something sets him off) plus a old momma cat that doesn't use a litter box anymore.
    We use the washable pee pads- smaller and easier to wash than all your blankets. Got them on Amazon.
    Just ordered another one of the larger ones- covers half the bed- he can't ball that one up
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,810 Member
    Options
    I have been watching too many videos of these two.
    The son is quite the comedian.
    https://www.facebook.com/reel/773136074909505?fs=e&s=TIeQ9V&mibextid=0NULKw
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Kim - That was a lovely thing you did for that young man. He probably felt good that he could reciprocate your kindness. Also, often men, and some women, find it easier to talk when they are engaged in something else. My friend G is like that.

I dreamt of Michael Moseley last night. Can't remember what it was about, but I think he was trying to help me with something.
    Tracey - I get deeply attached to celebrities. They are part of my inner landscape and imaginative horizon. Of course, they fade in and out in priority, and he was never in my deepest layer, but I used to listen to 'Just One Thing' when I was upstairs doing my morning exercise on the mat. Podcasts can very 'intimate ' in a strange way, just you and their voice. I also am empathetic to an extreme, and cared deeply about the family's suffering. I was there on the island with them in my heart.
    I think there are lots of us like this, but it took me a while to realise it's not everybody. Being a 'Highly Sensitive Person' has its downsides, but I wouldn't want to be otherwise. It's the main reason why I am so protective of my emotional energy - no energy draining people, no pets, no houseplants, minimum gardening. I am inside them all and it hurts too much. I would be interested in knowing how many of this group think they have this imaginative empathy with things and people.

Cloudy day today. The cleaner is coming. :p
    Tonight John is making a chicken stir fry. Our Moussaka was fabulous, with broccoli and cauliflower. Half is in the freezer. I hope there will be enough stir fry left over for me to have it in a wrap tomorrow.
    Soon I will be well enough to resume cooking. Boo! >:) I've so enjoyed the break.
    We might be able to go out for a celebratory meal tomorrow after seeing the kids. I'm going to get a taxi to their house to meet up with John. I've missed them, but they had so many sports tournaments on this weekend. Triathlons etc. I'll see how I feel when I'm there. Otherwise we can get a 'funghi' pizza from around the corner.

We've set up the microwave, and I've set the clock. That's all so far.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,368 Member
    Options

The sun is back this morning. There are showers forecast, so hoping they are few and far between.

Kim: I’m sure that young man appreciated your listening ear.

I have some clearing out to do this morning. I’ve been sorting my art materials and need to put it all away. I have Monday Painters after lunch. Tomorrow I go to craft.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    edited June 10
    Options
    I have never followed celebrities of any sort including TV/Youtube "medical" celebrities. I couldn't tell you the real names of most actors, although I am starting to learn some because my husband likes to know the histories and connections of various celebrities so he'll tell me, and often tell me several times.

But celebrities are ordinary people like any of us ... they've just got a job that's more public than some of us. Some aren't as educated or skilled than we are ... some are. But we watch them on TV or in movies because they have the ability to amuse us.

Medical celebrity programs are very rare here. Australia has pretty tight regulations when it comes to "advertising" medical stuff on TV.

Tracey ... I won the joy of listening to one of my choices played in the Number 1 position. :)

Heather ... I'm glad you are getting outside for walks.

Rita ... sorry about your dog. Very difficult.

M in Oz
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,111 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

Margaret you are right I have to find the title. I think I know where it is but I need a time when Dad is busy so I can dig it out. He offered to drive again yesterday. He is going to resist selling the car but I think my sister and I can talk him into it.

Yesterday he couldn't work the grill, which is probably safer anyway. But he has been talking about calling a repair person for it. He seems to forget about it between Sundays though.

I've got his cold now. A runny nose and sore throat. Drat. I need to be better at taking care of myself, I've been letting it slip.

Have a great day my friends! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    Day 4 of painting!

That's what you do on a 4-day weekend. :neutral:

We're not as far along as I had originally anticipated, but I didn't know how long it would take. Nevertheless, we have made quite a bit of progress and we're happy with it. :) Still loving the colour!! 1 more day should do it, but I'm not sure if it will be one long evening or wait till next weekend.

I'm kind of glad I won't be painting tomorrow. My body needs a rest! I can barely move ... so stiff and sore.

Tomorrow I go back to work and right into audit stuff, as mentioned in my "story about stress" back on page 12. :neutral: Not too worried, but it's still stressful.

Machka in Oz

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    <3
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,710 Member
    Options