Why are they taking the newsfeed away?

Options

Answers

• Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 30 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I have been apart of MFP for 7+ years. Newsfeed is needed to stay in touch with pals and to receive words of inspiration and get feedback on one's success or even a kick in the rump when we begin to lag in our efforts.

Here, we were keeping it real. It held us accountable to others and more importantly, to ourselves.

I am not renewing the Premium option this year for this sole reason.

The people behind this move need to bring back our Newsfeed!!

TODAY!!!

'My Net Diary' and 'Lose It' are tools that some may end up moving to just to reconnect.
  • onechoiceatatime2015
    onechoiceatatime2015 Posts: 47 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I'm checking out My Net Diary after 9 years here on MFP.
    ADD me over there, if you want. I'm One Choice
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,868 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I am thinking of deleting my account...there is no newsfeed. Plus. It stopped showing completed diary and exercise!!, why keep doing it....so dumb

Wait. What? No completed diary and exercise?
    Is anyone else seeing this?
    That is not good.
    Caper85 wrote: »

'My Net Diary' and 'Lose It' are tools that some may end up moving to just to reconnect.
    There’s a group on My Net Diary for us.

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 581 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    Has anyone thought about starting a group on Facebook? I know it won't be as personalized, but I miss the newsfeed so much!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I too miss the Newsfeed. A small group of us on FL would give each other tips and tricks on what was or wasn't working. Even now a few of us were sharing important updates and we don't get to have the opportunity any longer.

VS wading thru the forums. I rarely get on forums even now.

It all sucks.

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    edited July 1
    Options
    I’m ready to leave after almost 10 yrs and successfully reaching my goal which meant losing 60+ pounds. I miss the connections I’ve had with many that have my been PALs from the beginning and newer ones as well. I’ve been a paying member through it all but now no longer meticulously log but just throw in a number to keep my 3000+ streak going. But really I don’t much care anymore. Very sad MFP is going the way of Twitter ala Musk 🤬
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 390 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    I am not reading anything positive about the format change in MFP from everyone. specifically their removal of the activity feed. Connections with friends have become way more difficult. The community forums and individual messaging are too broad or cumbersome, and who has time to keep individually messaging all their friends? The activity feed was a wonderful way to briefly follow your friends and add encouragement, cheer their successes. I'm still logging in here, but it has become like turning in a report, no warmth, greetings, friendship, or any kind of place you want to hang around. I don't look forward to it anymore. Still logging to keep up my personal success, but this could be done on ANY app. The thrill is gone.
  • MissDawnMarie23
    MissDawnMarie23 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Why did MfFP remove the feed?! Clearly, as I read these comments, it was an important feature. I want to keep up with my actual pals, not message forums! Now, we can’t support each other in our journey. Also, I liked seeing the articles there. I’ve been with MFP for nine years. I’m at maintenance, so now maybe it’s time to part ways. I hate to give up my nine year history, but the fact that they don’t care what we want is really disturbing.
  • MissDawnMarie23
    MissDawnMarie23 Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Ridiculous!! Tell us you don’t care, MFP, without telling us you don’t care. Nine years of history, but probably time to leave. Following and encouraging my friends was the only thing I did (in weight maintenance), besides logging in every day and reading articles. I liked those in my feed, too.
  • MargaretYakoda
    edited July 1
    Options
    Got randomly logged out of this forum this morning.

That never happened before.
    Sure, I’ve been getting the “accept cookies” pop up for weeks. But being completely logged out and needing to back up and go through the cookie pop up again? That’s a first.

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,034 Member
    edited July 1
    Options

Sure, I’ve been getting the “accept cookies” pop up for weeks. But being completely logged out and needing to back up and go through the cookie pop up again? That’s a first.

@MargaretYakoda

That constant repeat - accept cookies pop up is so annoying!

I reached out to support and it’s been a known bug now for 2 months. I’ve also gotten logged out. I would think with all the angry users regarding the newsfeed that the MFP basics would get fixed… however. :(

• MargaretYakoda
    edited July 1
    Options

@MargaretYakoda

That constant repeat - accept cookies pop up is so annoying!

I reached out to support and it’s been a known bug now for 2 months. I’ve also gotten logged out. I would think with all the angry users regarding the newsfeed that the MFP basics would get fixed… however. :(

I’m 100% convinced that this app is being abandoned and will be used as a tax write off for the new owners. I suspect it was purchased for that purpose.

Paranoid? Maybe.

Nevertheless, I’m done logging my diet here. I’ve moved to My Net Diary.
    It’s not the same. But it’s got a lot of good features that just don’t exist here.

I’m Maarva Andor there.
  • straw6erries
    straw6erries Posts: 27 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    Thank you for your reply Lietchi, I appreciate it. :)
    May I ask then how do we see our friends progress if the newsfeed is no longer there?
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,378 Member
    edited June 27
    Options
    May I ask then how do we see our friends progress if the newsfeed is no longer there?
    It seems as if MFP is trying to get out of the "social" part.

It is the food diary now, all by your lonesome.