Bring Back the News Feed

Options
mjglantz
mjglantz Posts: 501 Member
Probably no one will read this. Like most here we are so disappointed that MFP has dumped the newsfeed. That was how we all stayed in touch. Let me know what you think about his.

Replies

• imustloseit1
    imustloseit1 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I just the Newsfeed almost daily, and they say no one used it.
  • Caper85
    Caper85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have been apart of MFP for 7+ years. Newsfeed is needed to stay in touch with pals and to receive words of inspiration and get feedback on one's success or even a kick in the rump when we begin to lag in our efforts.

Here, we were keeping it real. It held us accountable to others and more importantly, to ourselves.

I am not renewing the Premium option this year for this sole reason.

The people behind this move need to bring back our Newsfeed!!

TODAY!!!

'My Net Diary' and 'Lose It' are tools that some may end up moving to just to reconnect.
  • onechoiceatatime2015
    onechoiceatatime2015 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm checking out My Net Diary after 9 years here on MFP.
    ADD me over there, if you want. I'm One Choice
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of deleting my account...there is no newsfeed. Plus. It stopped showing completed diary and exercise!!, why keep doing it....so dumb

Wait. What? No completed diary and exercise?
    Is anyone else seeing this?
    That is not good.
    Caper85 wrote: »

'My Net Diary' and 'Lose It' are tools that some may end up moving to just to reconnect.
    There’s a group on My Net Diary for us.

https://www.mynetdiary.com/community/groups/65401

• LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Has anyone thought about starting a group on Facebook? I know it won't be as personalized, but I miss the newsfeed so much!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I too miss the Newsfeed. A small group of us on FL would give each other tips and tricks on what was or wasn't working. Even now a few of us were sharing important updates and we don't get to have the opportunity any longer.

VS wading thru the forums. I rarely get on forums even now.

It all sucks.

• ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I’m ready to leave after almost 10 yrs and successfully reaching my goal which meant losing 60+ pounds. I miss the connections I’ve had with many that have my been PALs from the beginning and newer ones as well. I’ve been a paying member through it all but now no longer meticulously log but just throw in a number to keep my 3000+ streak going. But really I don’t much care anymore. Very sad MFP is going the way of Twitter ala Musk 🤬
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    Got randomly logged out of this forum this morning.

That never happened before.
    Sure, I’ve been getting the “accept cookies” pop up for weeks. But being completely logged out and needing to back up and go through the cookie pop up again? That’s a first.

• SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Got randomly logged out of this forum this morning.

That never happened before.
    Sure, I’ve been getting the “accept cookies” pop up for weeks. But being completely logged out and needing to back up and go through the cookie pop up again? That’s a first.

@MargaretYakoda

That constant repeat - accept cookies pop up is so annoying!

I reached out to support and it’s been a known bug now for 2 months. I’ve also gotten logged out. I would think with all the angry users regarding the newsfeed that the MFP basics would get fixed… however. :(