WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,428 Member
    Options
    MFP Weekly Check-in June 24, 2024

Debbie in Napa Valley, CA - 148.9 this morning. Need to get back to tracking my food- been very lax the past two weeks.

Rita in Roswell, NM - Up .3 of a pound. Probably water as the heat is back and I’m drinking a lot more water. At any rate, I’m not worried about .3 of a pound! Pre-diabetes program is re-training me how to eat since I can’t do high protein anymore.

Evelyn on Vancouver Island - It’s a beautiful day here on the island! Weight has been all over the map the last few weeks, but I am happy to report a .2 lb loss. Have started a new work out regime, well added a few things to the old one. Hopefully will shake things up and get back on track!

Barbara on the Southern Oregon Coast - (as well as or) Better than yesterday:
    6/17-6/23 PT-Knees 4 of 7. PT-Shoulder 5 of 7, Steps 4 of 7, Fuel better: CI/CO 2 of 7, Sugar 6 of 7 yay! Seems I can do EITHER PT OR steps, CI<CO OR sugar. Gotta be thankful for half measures at least ;)

Lanette SW WA – weight still holding steady in desired range. Looking forward to new strength training tips at today’s diabetes prevention class and will mention "Strong Women Stay Young" if it's not included in the discussion.

• auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Since I can’t do laundry, or take a shower, spent some time catching up ;)
    Rebecca could you record some of your songs on your phone and share?
    Allie Yikes indeed! Amazed you were able to keep from whoopsing on the carpet.
    Fingers X’d your doc can give you some relief.
    Carol “…I spend too much time playing games on the PC and watching tv.” This has been me lately too. And I don’t have the excuse of needing to relieve stress of DH’s health issues like you do. ((hugs)). must be a serious break to keep your granddaughter from camp?
    Ginny how can an eye exam be virtual?
    Beth star cochlear patient? Huzzah!!! ((hugs)) and [prayers] for your mom’s situation.
    Margaret DrewB’s heart murmur and anemia gone? Such validation! Have you tried diatomaceous earth as an insect preventative? Puffing it into the cracks in our kitchen drove away the ants, and into the exterior cracks works (somewhat) against the spiders. “Since joining this group I have learned the reasons I struggle with weight is complex. There are other factors other than diet that contribute positively to becoming healthy. + Truth! Very interesting about adrenal fatigue and cortisol resistance. Lived that way for decades, witness my belly. Time for me to get serious about reducing sugar and walking after eating.
    Rosemarie so good to see you posting. Enjoying your green back yard sounds just right. Content is a blessing.
    Lisa “. . .think it's a sort of vicious cycle--exercise helps me keep my energy levels up, but when I'm tired I don't exercise, so my energy levels never get that boost.. . . The two medical appointments threw me off my usual schedule as well, as they drive a tremendous amount of fatigue for me. I need to push through and do it anyway, but that's harder than it sounds.” Amen, sister, and the past two weeks I haven’t been able to push through. Lisa have you tried Ginny’s crockpot balsamic chicken recipe? The breasts come out tender and juicy. I am so in awe of your energy and yard accomplishments. What is it with the daddy longlegs this year. One dropped on to me in the house while I was sitting in my blue recliner. I lept up (as well as one can from a reclined position) and jumped around shrieking until Joe swept down my nightie with a towel, then flapped it over the recliner (not sure what that was supposed to do). My shrieks scared Shadow so badly she hid in the garage and wouldn’t come out until I could speak calmly to her. I didn’t return to that chair all day (probably a good thing.) Yah about the new phone, not the kind of hot pants you want for Corey. . . :devil: Belated happy birthday to him.
    Heather Selling John on replacing bathroom carpet with vinyl on grounds of health and safety, brilliant and true! dancing queen? Bravissima! And so deserving of dark chocolate with hazelnuts ;) My pizza would be a Nutsman with mascarpone, without the capers and olives. Oh no, just read about Johnny’s COVID-19 and the spanner in your plans with friends and for DEXA scan. Hugs for your both. Had to google tenderstem broccoli, aha! Broccolini. ;)
    Vicki heard a news snippet about Oregon Nurse Managers going to a 4 day work week and thought of the 3 of you covering 24/7. What will it take to wake up your management?
    Kylia great news about Cali and could your vet please move to the Oregon coast? Pretty please??? Hope the nose cushion CPap eases your exhaustion.
    Lanette what you said “endured the politics, people's hurt feelings, listening to them sniping behind each other's backs, the unwarranted criticism of those who were going the extra mile. Childish.” about people in groups, even volunteers. The more I see of most people, the better I like my dogs. “Thelmasaurus rex” :laugh: I :love: the plan for Debbie’s mom’s roommate and MIL. Could we send Sue’s TTFH to stir the pot? Covid is making the rounds here too. Went with friends to see other friends in a play, actress gave us all hugs, then texted 3 days later to advise she’d tested positive. Seems it was going around the cast but no one knew it before opening night. Envious of your teensy tomatoes. The two I bought at the master gardeners’ sale haven’t grown noticeably. Hope Mt. St. Helens settles down without dusting you and the hens.
    Machka “listening to Hitchcock soundtracks”? I would not find them calming :laugh:
    vegemite? :sick: [likewise Heather’s Johnny’s Lancashire hotpot. Yuck.] But oh your new home. Such calming colors and beautiful floors. Well done!
    VERY belated welcome back @CSSJ09 CJ! Congrats for slightly less weight than a few years ago. Brava! Ditto your request to Heather for pics of her wild garden.
    Rebecca however did you pit the cherries with a chopstick?
    Barbie thank you for sharing what started you walking, and “My energy and enthusiasm for life grow all the time. “ kept you at it. Inspiring! :love: the pic of Annie relaxing. ((hugs)) to Jake and hope the chemo has no uncomfortable side effects.
    Rita so many people think signs like “Keep out” and “Employees Only” aren’t for them. SMH. So very sorry to hear of the fires with fatalities then floods then enough hail to play. Hope your campground is safe.
    Welcome back Tina and sorry to hear Covid got you.
    Flea I blew right past your son’s Germany trip, would you tell us more about GAPP?
    Tracey love the freezie sleeve gifts, and the principal validating your action. have you discussed your financial needs with your school’s job counselors? I pray there is a way you can use your training and still make enough $$ to survive. You have such a gift for this work. ((hugs))
    Whooshing you an abundance of reliable part time options to supplement the EA hours. ((hugs))
    Debbie could those kittens be any cuter? :love:
    Annie Is there any way you can get in to a doc to check that painful cough?
    Pip both Chispa and Lucy fit in the buggy at the same time?

Only through pg 37 but I’ve been sitting too long.

Later, lighter, lovelies!
    Barbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    x8zcp1ya37k1.gif
    Move more than yesterday, fuel better than yesterday, live NOW.
    Open heart and mind before mouth.
    2024: Strengthen: body, mind, heart-connections
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Did my good deed for the day; saved a turtle. Found it on the shoulder of the road as I was riding home. Turned back and saw it was still alive. Put it in my jersey and rode back with one hand and holding it with the other. Rode back about little over 1/2mile back to lost lake and gave it to a guy so he could put it by the water.yc1x0e6wccqw.jpeg

Putting it in your jersey pocket was brave given that they do tend to "gush" when you pick them up!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    edited June 24
    Options
    Lisa - that bedroom remodel looks ideal, hope it all goes together for you with minimal hassle. That's pretty nifty software you're using.
    Lanette B)
    SW WA State

Yeah, no... just Excel. I still love Excel, even four years retired. Most people have no idea what it can do visually, and for this tidy little heart, it's very satisfying. I just turn the rows and columns into electronic graph paper by making each cell a square, and then use the cell border functions to outline as necessary. That lets me draw things like this exactly to scale, so that I can estimate drywall and lumber and flooring needs, as well. Just a big nerd... 🤓

Lisa

I do something very similar with PowerPoint. PowerPoint has capabilities that most people never tap into. IMO it's one of the more under-used parts of the MS Office package.

I've done up the rooms in our new house, complete with furniture to determine what will go where.

I've also used Excel in similar ways as you have.

M in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Carol “…I spend too much time playing games on the PC and watching tv.” This has been me lately too. And I don’t have the excuse of needing to relieve stress of DH’s health issues like you do. ((hugs)). must be a serious break to keep your granddaughter from camp?
    Beth star cochlear patient? Huzzah!!! ((hugs)) and [prayers] for your mom’s situation.
    Margaret DrewB’s heart murmur and anemia gone? Such validation! Have you tried diatomaceous earth as an insect preventative? Puffing it into the cracks in our kitchen drove away the ants, and into the exterior cracks works (somewhat) against the spiders. “Since joining this group I have learned the reasons I struggle with weight is complex. There are other factors other than diet that contribute positively to becoming healthy. + Truth! Very interesting about adrenal fatigue and cortisol resistance. Lived that way for decades, witness my belly. Time for me to get serious about reducing sugar and walking after eating.
    Rosemarie so good to see you posting. Enjoying your green back yard sounds just right. Content is a blessing.
    Lisa “. . .think it's a sort of vicious cycle--exercise helps me keep my energy levels up, but when I'm tired I don't exercise, so my energy levels never get that boost.. . . The two medical appointments threw me off my usual schedule as well, as they drive a tremendous amount of fatigue for me. I need to push through and do it anyway, but that's harder than it sounds.” Amen, sister, and the past two weeks I haven’t been able to push through. Lisa have you tried Ginny’s crockpot balsamic chicken recipe? The breasts come out tender and juicy. I am so in awe of your energy and yard accomplishments. What is it with the daddy longlegs this year. One dropped on to me in the house while I was sitting in my blue recliner. I lept up (as well as one can from a reclined position) and jumped around shrieking until Joe swept down my nightie with a towel, then flapped it over the recliner (not sure what that was supposed to do). My shrieks scared Shadow so badly she hid in the garage and wouldn’t come out until I could speak calmly to her. I didn’t return to that chair all day (probably a good thing.) Yah about the new phone, not the kind of hot pants you want for Corey. . . :devil: Belated happy birthday to him.
    Heather Selling John on replacing bathroom carpet with vinyl on grounds of health and safety, brilliant and true! dancing queen? Bravissima! And so deserving of dark chocolate with hazelnuts ;) My pizza would be a Nutsman with mascarpone, without the capers and olives. Oh no, just read about Johnny’s COVID-19 and the spanner in your plans with friends and for DEXA scan. Hugs for your both. Had to google tenderstem broccoli, aha! Broccolini. ;)
    Vicki heard a news snippet about Oregon Nurse Managers going to a 4 day work week and thought of the 3 of you covering 24/7. What will it take to wake up your management?
    Kylia great news about Cali and could your vet please move to the Oregon coast? Pretty please??? Hope the nose cushion CPap eases your exhaustion.
    Lanette what you said “endured the politics, people's hurt feelings, listening to them sniping behind each other's backs, the unwarranted criticism of those who were going the extra mile. Childish.” about people in groups, even volunteers. The more I see of most people, the better I like my dogs. “Thelmasaurus rex” :laugh: I :love: the plan for Debbie’s mom’s roommate and MIL. Could we send Sue’s TTFH to stir the pot? Covid is making the rounds here too. Went with friends to see other friends in a play, actress gave us all hugs, then texted 3 days later to advise she’d tested positive. Seems it was going around the cast but no one knew it before opening night. Envious of your teensy tomatoes. The two I bought at the master gardeners’ sale haven’t grown noticeably. Hope Mt. St. Helens settles down without dusting you and the hens.
    Machka “listening to Hitchcock soundtracks”? I would not find them calming :laugh:
    vegemite? :sick: [likewise Heather’s Johnny’s Lancashire hotpot. Yuck.] But oh your new home. Such calming colors and beautiful floors. Well done!
    VERY belated welcome back @CSSJ09 CJ! Congrats for slightly less weight than a few years ago. Brava! Ditto your request to Heather for pics of her wild garden.
    Barbie thank you for sharing what started you walking, and “My energy and enthusiasm for life grow all the time. “ kept you at it. Inspiring! :love: the pic of Annie relaxing. ((hugs)) to Jake and hope the chemo has no uncomfortable side effects.
    Rita so many people think signs like “Keep out” and “Employees Only” aren’t for them. SMH. So very sorry to hear of the fires with fatalities then floods then enough hail to play. Hope your campground is safe.
    Flea I blew right past your son’s Germany trip, would you tell us more about GAPP?
    Tracey love the freezie sleeve gifts, and the principal validating your action. have you discussed your financial needs with your school’s job counselors? I pray there is a way you can use your training and still make enough $$ to survive. You have such a gift for this work. ((hugs))
    Whooshing you an abundance of reliable part time options to supplement the EA hours. ((hugs))

x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

Yes , they both fit
    Machka9 wrote: »
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    Did my good deed for the day; saved a turtle. Found it on the shoulder of the road as I was riding home. Turned back and saw it was still alive. Put it in my jersey and rode back with one hand and holding it with the other. Rode back about little over 1/2mile back to lost lake and gave it to a guy so he could put it by the water.yc1x0e6wccqw.jpeg

Putting it in your jersey pocket was brave given that they do tend to "gush" when you pick them up!

That’s me, gutsy
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,811 Member
    Options
    Michele - I’m so sorry about your friend. I pray the end is as painless as possible for her.

Tracey
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,034 Member
    Options
    S
    Margaret DrewB’s heart murmur and anemia gone? Such validation! Have you tried diatomaceous earth as an insect preventative? Puffing it into the cracks in our kitchen drove away the ants, and into the exterior cracks works (somewhat) against the spiders. EA hours. ((hugs))

x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

I just got a 4lb bag of the diatomaceous Earth this afternoon. Tomorrow I will be puffing it around the catio, in the cat beds and on the carpet for the fleas. The cute little kittens brought them in and they are bad now. Kittens have had two baths but still scratching. Luckily they don't mind their baths and are small enough I can hold with one hand while rubbing the flea shampoo with the other.
    Hope to find a home for at least two of them. Dh is talking about just keeping them. We do NOT need three more cats in the house. I am ready for them to go to new homes and not have a litter box in the living room in their playpen-this is the room I spend most of my time in. I clean it twice a day but would rather it not be in here at all plus the playpen is taking up too much room. LOTS of toys for them taking up more room.

Debbie
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options

x8zcp1ya37k1.gif

I will try to record the next time I get on a piano. I don't think my tablet here records for very long though. I don't have a cell phone. No worries I will play fast!😂
    Ok you take the chop stick and poke it thru where the stem grows and it pushes the pit out the backside. Sometimes you have to reposition the chopstick, but you will get a system going! Then I just sliced them. It was fun!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    <3
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,387 Member
    edited June 25
    Options
    Just anither quick pop in. No time for individual comments. I will endeavour to catch up on reading posts later.

Just sorting laundry before I go to craft after breakfast. It’s our last meeting until September. .

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri