WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2024

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    Whoops! :lol:

9ofzbwfxm0w9.png
    "A major American magazine has mistaken Tasmania for Africa, accidentally referring to Cradle Mountain as being in Tanzania in an online article.
    People Magazine were covering the story of Bindi Irwin and her family’s recent visit to the snow at Cradle Mountain when they mistook the popular tourist destination for East Africa."
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,192 Member
    Options
    @Matchka9, I love your picture. Do you code for a living? Do you live in Alaska? You are discussing the dark months; that is why I ask.

Monique or Mississippi Mo

I'm essentially a data analyst so I do a lot of SQL coding.

I live in the smallest, most southern state in Australia ... Tasmania! It's winter here, and the day with the shortest daylight hours just past. Slowly but surely the daylight hours are increasing.

Machka in Oz (aka Australia)

• LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Monique - Glad to see you pop up, I was afraid we'd lost you!

Heather - Love John's limerick, he's got that thing I find most attractive in any man - a sense of humor! :smiley: Enjoy your time with the grands today, I know you've missed it.

Machka - Just a tiny bit of difference between Tanzania and Tasmania, besides that one little letter and a lot of geography... :wink:

I was up after only about four hours sleep, but I napped out for two hours yesterday afternoon, so not a surprise. Yanked myself out of bed this morning when I found myself thinking that I hadn't heard from my oldest niece since I sent her the quilt I made for her a year and a half ago, and wondering if she hated me now because I made a mistake in that quilt that I didn't even remember making. Very much 3 a.m. thinking, and I do know better - I cycle out sometimes at night, and the only way to stop is just to get up and interrupt the silliness.

Got a few messes cleaned up on my computer, and back to working correctly, and got my brain to stop being stupid, which is always helpful. Waved Corey off to work at his usual 5:30 a.m., and then got the meat I picked up yesterday separated and vacuum bagged and in the freezer. Starting on my second cup of coffee, which I don't ordinarily drink more than one.

Dawn is breaking, still a half hour nearly until sunrise - won't go out until I can see well enough to keep from tripping over any snakies🐍 that might be enjoying the warm temperatures and mouse-hunting at this time of day 🐭🪤. Still not fond of anything with more than four legs or less than two... And not terribly fond of most of the two-leggers! Apparently I've finally made it to "cranky old bat stage." I'm OK with it. 👵🏼😜😁👀

Will get a little more reading in, and then get the garden and the flower beds watered. Planted sunflowers 🌻🌻 last weekend, as the ground under the bird feeders is sprouting them like crazy from the dropped seeds, so obviously they'll grow here. Need to get them some water, too... no rain in the forecast for at least two weeks, 💦 so our water bill is going to be going up just to keep a few things alive and growing... If it doesn't rain in those two weeks, we'll probably be under a hose ban again.

Ah well - that's life in the country, where rain is almost always a good thing.

Later, y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Options
    ❤️
    Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,096 Member
    Options
    The neighbor at son's house is in Tanzania right now. She is on a tour. The tour she is in has many options for those on the tour. The tour program also gives the options to be involved in giving back to the community projects. Another option is to climb Mount Kilimanjaro. My neighbor is not doing that one. Her significant other could not join her on this trip because of neck surgery. He showed me pictures of tanzanite only found in that country. Sounds like she is having a great time.
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    ygmmx5dttq0m.jpeg

Yesterday’s dinner: chicken thigh with a slice of pepperoni in it for flavor, roasted potato (roasted with chicken), summer squash and pickled beats with olives. Desert was strawberries in stevia over a biscuit with cool whip. Snack was a peach.

Breakfast today was same, sugar free maple oatmeal with banana, butter, and almond butter.

I eat the same breakfast every day until I run out of that flavor. I’ve got cream of rice coming up next. I will add butter and almond or peanut butter to that too for protein and fat and of course the half banana.

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Today is Cream tea and strawberry parfait!! Yummy!
    jmmp7vber5jc.jpeg
    fsza47lyrahz.jpeg
    qai0s3meax6x.jpeg
    4prlas5ospo9.jpeg
    za0wphbwukfd.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,539 Member
    Options
    1948CWB wrote: »
    Granddaughter's New Leg Cast

9lkutfgnd63b.jpg

Oh man she is not having any fun, poor gal! I hope she doesn't have to wear it all summer!😥
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Afternoon all
    Im beat,didn't sleep well last night and was up early,took Doris out grocery shopping and to run a few errands,and will be going down to Tracys at 4 to feed Ginger and get her out.
    I might try and catch a nap.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,723 Member
    Options
    Stats for the day-

Walk w/kids- *lucy in baggy after 1-1/2, Chispa in after 4mi*, 2hrs 8min 57sec, 2.77ap, 126elev, 84ahr, 128mhr, 6.07mi= 606c
    Strava app = 744c
    Walk home to gym- 11.02min, 3.04ap, .55mi= 58c
    Strava app= 68c
    Treadmill jog- 46.35min, 5.1sp for 2-1/2mi, 5.3sp for 1-1/2mi, 129ahr, 146mhr, 142spm, 11.39min mi, 4mi= 440c
    Walk gym to home- 11.53min, .53c
    Strava app = 65c

Total cal 1155c