Okay, so some people are a**holes

Options
2»

Replies

• RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I hate reading about these kind of things, I wish people would grow up! I had similar experiences, many times throughout my life, I finally use it to my advantage. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife/view/wear-you-weight-in-the-beginning-31258

Use it as fuel. :heart:
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    SuperScrabbleGirl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I hate reading about these kind of things, I wish people would grow up! I had similar experiences, many times throughout my life, I finally use it to my advantage. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/BrunetteWife/view/wear-you-weight-in-the-beginning-31258

Use it as fuel. :heart:

That is so incredible!

You guys are all so lovely! I didn't really start this thread for sympathy. I was more pissed off at the irony of it happening on today. This thread has made me feel good though. You're all totally right, you can't lose ugly.
  • Lozzy_82
    Lozzy_82 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Arrrrgh, this made me so f***ing angry! Why are some people so horrible?

I'm so sorry this happened to you. You are gorgeous and you seem like a lovely, cool and intelligent person, so you have a HELL of a lot more going for you than they ever will. I know it's easy to say "oh just ignore them, they're not worth it", but it doesn't stop comments like that being incredibly hurtful. It only happened to me once (some evil little chavs drove past, wound the window down and shouted "fatty" at me) and I cried :( Since then I've lost 30 pounds though, and I do find the memory serves as motivation when I feel like giving up.

You are doing amazingly - you're getting closer to your goal every day. Just keep that in mind and keep on going! Xxx
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    I later blogged about my WYW experiences, if you care to read them.

Just keep your head held high. Piss on those who don't understand common sense, common courtesy, and respect.
  • waylonthornton
    waylonthornton Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    F*** 'em. You're a fox.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use to get called "fatty Patty" when I was young. I always knew that there was something wrong with those kids and not me but it didn't keep it from hurting my feelings. I would ignore them and be nice until it eventually stopped. I didn't let those people change the sweet, smart loving girl I knew I was. This is what I would want to say now but probably wouldn't:

How embarrassing for you that you have no manners & hate yourself so much that you would go so far as to try and insult me in public to make yourself feel superior to me. PahLease! You are so transparent. You know nothing about me but I know so much about you... how unhappy you are, how insecure you are, how you don't know what it feels like to be loved. You are sad & rude and I could care less what you think of me. PISS OFF and may I suggest spending your time thinking more about how you can make YOURSELF suck less.

Don't let these effers get you down. You are doing great and this should be a positive day for you. Stay focused and keep on truckin!

AND PS: I was really proud of you today for getting your shred in even though you had to do it right before bad mitten cause you woke up late. SEE one more point on the awesome scale for you!
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    You guys are so awesome that I want to hug you all. Arms across the oceans guys.
  • treatdream
    treatdream Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My friend just posted this awesome quote on her facebook page that seems so appropriate:

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • juleseybaby
    juleseybaby Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Jackwagons! Douches!!!

You are gorgeous! I love that profile pic.

I have dealt with this behavior most of my life. I was called fat, bubblebutt, tons of fun - you name it. What I really wanted to say when someone called me fat - because I am a huge smarta$$ - but never did (because I couldn't get it out quickly enough) was this:

'Really??? Thank you so much for telling me that!! I had no idea!!! I will go fix it right away. The question now is... how can I help you???? Because - well - what are you gonna do about being a stupid, useless, waste-of-space? I mean, really? All you can get out is "FAT?" You couldn't come up with something a little more creative?'

Fortunately, for them, I came to a point in my life where I realized I should not sink to their level no matter how much their comment hurt me... that they are the ones with the problem. Putting others down makes them feel better. How sad is that?
  • StarGeezer
    Options
    What I can tell about you...from your words as well as your pictures...is that you are a beautiful, sensitive and caring soul. You, my dear girl, are under absolutely no obligation to own someone else's ignorance. Pity them if you must, but they are most certainly not worthy of your anger. They are in every way beneath your dignity. Hold your head high, smile and confidently go on your way, and leave them to the despair of their own shame and ignominy. Some day, they too will have the weak-minded and ignorant hasten to point out their many flaws. But you...you will have maintained your nobility by treating them as the insignificant motes of dust astir in your wake as you passed them by. Give them no further thought whatsoever.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Sorry but I'm a give as good as get type girl. I would have said " Oh look, there's two pr*cks, and just like their saturday nites their hanging limp doing nothing."

ummm but I get kinda mean when people talk smack to me.. you did just fine by ignoring them.
  • cherdan
    cherdan Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry :(

You don't put them in their place?? It feels good to do no matter what your size. You have to reclaim your power. You cannot be a silent victim.

This reminds me when I was 16 and on a field trip with this horrible, horrible summer school Science class I was forced to take, in which every day I was made fun of for my weight.

I was about a month into my severe anorexia (which lasted about 2 years). I was starving and had already lost a significant amount of weight. We went out to a pizza place and while everyone else ordered, I wandered around outside, trying to take my mind off the fact that I was STARVING.

I walked by a group of male classmates and they started cracking jokes about how I was going to eat all the pizza.

I wanted so bad to scream at them, 'No, you pig out on the pizza. I didn't eat anything because I am starving myself so you'll leave me alone.'

Instead I just went back to the bus sat alone and cried.
    The pain from that time in my life never goes away.
  • SuperScrabbleGirl
    Options
    That is a much, much bigger set of emotions to deal with there. My situation was more annoying than anything else. I didn't feel bullied or victimised, but if it was happening every day like yours, I'm sure I would. I'm sorry that happened to you. It's crazy how we let other people have that power over us, especially when we're young. x