Women 200lb+, Let's Give It A Try This July!!!

🌈Hello, ladies, and Happy July!!!🌈

🌈We're halfway through 2024. How has it been treating you?

🌈What have you accomplished so far this year? What are you still hoping to acheive? And where would you like to see yourself in another six months?

🌈Do you have any upcoming plans that you're excited about? Or anything that's maybe a bit worrisome on the horizon?

🔴If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM!, you're one of us.

🟠In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🟡All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🟢Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🔵Let's try our best and have an awesome July!!!🟣

Replies

• lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 498 Member
    edited July 1
    Hi, thanks for continuing this thread. I've lost 13 pounds since I joined MFP on March 20. I'm 187 from a high of 200. By New Year's Day I hope to be down to 160 (my ultimate goal is 120).

My short-term goal is 180. I hope by then I will be out of the plus sizes.

I'm excited about an upcoming 3-day trip to Palm Springs, which will occur in mid-October. We will be staying at a gorgeous bed and breakfast we've been to several times. It's called The Willows (Google it).

My NSV, my co-workers have started to notice my weight loss.

I like posting here and will post again on Wen. (my weigh-in/measure day).

• pamperedlinny
    pamperedlinny Posts: 1,629 Member
    Linda
    41 years old
    7/1 - 240 lbs

🌈What have you accomplished so far this year? What are you still hoping to acheive? And where would you like to see yourself in another six months?
    I haven't accomplished anything health-wise this year. In fact, I've gone backwards. March of 2023 I hit my lowest ever adult weight at 195... and I'm all the way back up to 240. However, when I first started my journey I was 300, so I'm still counting a win that I'm not letting things go that far. I'd love to see myself down at least 20 to 30 lbs in 6 months and my A1C back where it was last year.

🌈Do you have any upcoming plans that you're excited about? Or anything that's maybe a bit worrisome on the horizon?
    Nothing really worrisome. Just our annual party this week. My house looks like a bomb went off (all the summer sleepovers my daughter has hosted) and that needs to be rectified before I have a ton of people here in a few days.

We're hosting our annual 4th of July party on Thursday, so this week is going to be insane with cleaning the house, prepping food, getting the yard in good shape for grilling, fire pit, and setting out chairs everywhere.

A few photos from the event we attended this past weekend. Freedom Blast is one of our favorite local events of the year.... tried to only grab photos that didn't have a bunch of kids that weren't mine in it. :D Our group was made up of 6 adults and 7 kids. So much fun with live music, food trucks, fireworks, kids rides, a skydiver with a huge flag, and lots of laughs.
    https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/FQK3JVIVTMSqxvdq6MLCIw.E_Uk93FayCx92QQZCGJagI
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 70 Member
    Kristin
    41 Years Old
    7/1- 218.2

Well what I have acomplished has been I have lost some weight. Bought a smalled belt.

I am looking forward to going to an amusment park next month. So I am very focused. I do not want my size to be the cause on not being able to get on some of the rides.

I am going to try and work out 5 times a week. And continue my pushup challenge and Ab challenge for the month. I am hoping to loose 12 lbs by end of the month but still would be happy with 10. I plan on checking in more often. And depending how my week is going will be the days I weigh in. I am ready for this.
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 216.6
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in
    July 1st: 216.6
    July 8th
    July 15th
    July 22nd
    July 29th
    July Goal - 207 (which was my lowest weight in April 2023)
    End of Summer Goal - onederland!

One thing I accomplished is that I lost the same amount of weight that my Boston Terrier - Riley Rose weighs!
    94ymiohvzqv2.jpg

Eventually I hope to lose as much as my larger dog Bruce weighs (he's about 60 lbs so that will take a while longer.) Another thing i feel pretty good about is that I am making strides with my emotional eating. This is something I will work on continuously.

I am excited for a Disney vacation at the beginning of November. I plan to increase my walking stamina and hope to be in the 180's by that point.

Goals for July:
    Improve my water intake - I made good progress in June but I can do better.
    Continue logging meals - daily and log every bite.
    Exercise 3 times per week - now that I have completed physical therapy I have no limitations and I need to challenge myself in this area. I know yesterday was technically June, but I did walk for 40 minutes on the treadmill.

Overall I feel pretty good about my journey so far. I realize I have only been working at it for 2 months and I expect some hiccups along the way but I feel pretty confident in myself and my support system.

Wishing you all the best this July - you got this!

• quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 72 Member
    Hello all! I hope we are all able to achieve our goals this month!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 214.2 lbs (June 30th)
    Total loss: -4.8lbs (in 20 days)
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for July: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week
    - Log meals daily and accurately
    - Gym 3x/week
    - Drink more water and less sugar
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date
    - Weigh in an 205lbs at the end of the month (-8lbs loss)

JULY:
    1st: 213 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - I had desserts 3x this week and it didn't "ruin" my progress, and I didn't feel guilty about having it any of the times.
    - I may be watching what I'm eating but I'm still going to bed full, which is a far cry from other times I've been using this app.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Hi all. Happy July! I can't believe we're half way through 2024 wth! Goals this month...

🌟 Lose 8lbs
    🌟 Keep calorie counting and drinking 2+ litres of water daily
    🌟 Zumba 3 times a week

I've had a really bad ear infection which was so bad I couldn't eat much because of my jaw pain so been having soup. Seen my doctor and on antibiotics for a week.
    I'm about 8lbs down since starting my journey again. Good luck to all!
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Thank you @RavenStCloud for posting this thread!
    Thank you @RavenStCloud for posting this thread!

Keri
    71 years old
    CW: 260

UGW: 167 (healthy weight for a senior woman my height)
    5'6" Tall

🌈We're halfway through 2024. How has it been treating you? I have been fighting weight gain.

🌈What have you accomplished so far this year? What are you still hoping to acheive? And where would you like to see yourself in another six months? I have trouble exercising and eating healthy home cooked meals when working full-time. I decided this year is the year I would retire and this week is my 1st week of retirement. I wanted to concentrate 1st on my health. So I am hoping to achieve a healthier more nutritious diet and to get stronger by exercising increasingly more each week. I would like to see myself with progress towards weight loss, eating nutritious foods and stronger.

🌈Do you have any upcoming plans that you're excited about? Or anything that's maybe a bit worrisome on the horizon? I am excited to be able to focus on my health. I plan to start doing my art again once I have set up my new life in retirement.

July Goals:
    • July GW: get securely in the 250s
    • Keep my water intake up
    • Keep getting 7+ hours of sleep
    • Meal plan and cook 3+ dinners (my husband and youngest will cook some dinners too)
    • Eat healthy breakfasts (only 1 day a week at a café with Latte etc.)
    • Work up to 30 minutes of exercise 6 days a week – 1 day of aquafit, 1 day of weight training, 4 days of walking increasing lengths of time)
    • Up NEAT (non exercise activity) daily such as cooking and cleaning etc.

@jenbroussard71 I love how you are measuring your weight loss by your dogs! So cute. We have twin cats so I could start with 1 and then go to 2 cats loss but no big dogs in our house. Maybe I could lose my grandson’s weight next, I am working on my walking stamina too.
  • jenbroussard71
    @KeriA thanks. About 15 years ago I lost about 70 pounds and back then I would use 5 pound bags of sugar as a reminder. It helps me to have a visual. But since I’m using my dog’s weight I can pick her up and walk around the house. It’s a good reminder that I am no longer carrying that extra weight.
  • jenbroussard71
    I am going today at 12:30 to tour a gym and speak with them about a personal trainer. I've never looked into it because I always assumed that it was too expensive. My chiropractor is big into treating the body as in not just adjustments. They have in house massage therapist and the are affiliated with the Anytime Fitness next door. I don't want to just have a membership, I would like to have a trainer for accountability. I hope the appointment goes well so I can sign up.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    Today I hope to start meal planning again. I also plan to get some exercise today. Just had my healthy breakfast. I am not as much into counting calories anymore. 1. I have doing it long enough to know how much I can eat a day and what foods cause a weight gain. However I started tracking my foods yesterday. 2. I find for me it isn't calories but it is what I eat. If I eat/cook at home I am eating healthier. I am staying away from processed foods as much as I can. 3. However I am going to be much more into tracking my exercise since I need to get stronger. I may need to get a fitbit to track my steps so I can track activity level as well. I have upped my NEAT some so far this week. So the combo of eating at home and getting exercise works the best for me.
  • kristinwoods919
    kristinwoods919 Posts: 70 Member
    Yesterday. I was starving all day! I need to cook a lot of chicken so I can have leftovers for lunch. I have been walking quite a bit recently. I put 4 1/2 miles yesterday 3 the day before. Sunday, I had planned on it but had a terrible migraine. I am trying to stay off the scale. I did get a comment from a friend last night that she can tell i look thinner. I plan on falling off the wagon a little bit tomorrow. but also plan on putting 4 miles in today and tomorrow.
  • lisakatz2
    I feel a little bummed because I only lost a half pound (186.5). I did cheat one day this week though, so I should have known it was coming. At least I lost something. :( No changes in measurements yet.
  • sharon81
    sharon81 Posts: 83 Member
    edited July 3
    Since there haven’t been a whole lot of on the scale victories lately… this was a non scale victory that was pretty encouraging 2ckew0acd4lv.png
    I should include this is only measuring on my phone and I don’t always have my phone on me…. But still!!
  • quolwy
    Hey there, just checking in with a few updates!

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 214.2 lbs (June 30th)
    Total loss: -4.8lbs (in 20 days)
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for July: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week ✔
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date
    - Weigh in an 205lbs at the end of the month (-8lbs loss)

JULY:
    1st: 213 lbs
    2nd: 212.8 lbs
    3rd: 212.6 lbs

Non weight Successes:
    - Been going to bed feeling full, and STILL the weight is magically falling off overnight
    - Finally figured out the golden ratio for my homemade coffee, so its delicious and sweet but only 90 calories, which is much better than the 200-450cal options I used to have regularly. (I have a habit of drinking my calories)
    - I've gotten into a great gym routine, and can already tell I'm getting stronger! I couldnt even do a 30 second plank last week and this week I did 1min! I've also started getting friendly with a few of the gym regulars, so it's nice to see the familiar faces.
    - One of the jobs I applied to emailed my back about setting up an interview, so I can go ahead and set that up whenever I'm ready!

I have a couple friends who are getting married in October. They've just sent the official invites out, and it gives me a date to look forward to, and work towards. There is a dress code, and I don't currently fit in any of my clothes that fit it, and I can't afford to buy new dresses so it gives me even more motivation to transform myself so that I can fit in my old clothes in time for the celebration! 🍾
  • lisakatz2
    quolwy wrote: »
    - Finally figured out the golden ratio for my homemade coffee, so its delicious and sweet but only 90 calories, which is much better than the 200-450cal options I used to have regularly. (I have a habit of drinking my calories

What is your secret?

I used to use half n half in my coffee with a bunch of sugar. Now I measure out everything. I use 2% low fat milk (1/2 cup) and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar. I should probably switch to a non-caloric sweetener, but I haven't found one I like.

Coffee in the morning is a must!

• quolwy

lisakatz2 wrote: »

What is your secret?

I used to use half n half in my coffee with a bunch of sugar. Now I measure out everything. I use 2% low fat milk (1/2 cup) and 1-1/2 teaspoons of sugar. I should probably switch to a non-caloric sweetener, but I haven't found one I like.

Coffee in the morning is a must!

I used to go crazy, free pour coffee creamer until my heart told me it was enough (probably 100ml) and top it up with coffee.

Now I use my food scale to measure and basically use 30ml of International Delight French Vanilla coffee creamer, and 30ml of high protein milk (18g/cup) and then my favourite mug is a bit big so probably 1.5 cups of coffee to top it off! I've only recently found this milk, and it's honestly a total game changer. I get 2% but there's also 3.25% if you're used to a creamier coffee, and it's sold in Walmart so if you have one nearby you could check to see if yours stocks it too!

Its nothing crazy, but 90 calories and 5g of protein for a lovely warm cup in the morning is better than the alternative :)
  • CeCeFlyy
    CeCeFlyy Posts: 27 Member
    MidWeek Check In • 7/3🥳

SW: 237
    LW: 238.2
    CW: 238
    GW: 165

One thing I want to think about this week:

I really want to spend some time reflecting on my why. I think I lose track so often because I don’t have anything driving me except for my own vanity. And, while that is okay it’s not strong enough to keep me going long term.

One thing I learned from last week:

Feeling my emotions instead of eating them will help me grow and stop repeating set backs. I’m going to start keeping a journal when I feel the need to eat my emotions. Hopefully this will help me work through them.
  • pashin8nz2000
    pashin8nz2000 Posts: 18 Member
    I'm 48 5ft7 and weigh 217 lb. Hopefully I can lose 9 lb in one month. Lately I haven't been eating over my 1200 calorie allowance so I hope I'll be losing each week.
    SW 227lb
    CW 217lb
    GW 143