Negativity on MFP.

Options
Sorry to those who are a bit "annoyed" or anything with my "nut butter" posts.. I don't mean to annoy anyone or anything.. there's times where I have asked a question, and got various / different responses or any responses from friends which would get me a bit confused..

I truly believe that ANYONE on MFP is able to ask WHATEVER they want, however they want, and whenever they want. Just because someone asks practically the "same" question, maybe that person got a bit confused with the answers given to them. Or if the question sounds "dumb" to you, why be rude to them? Not everyone knows what you know. There's no need to be negative on someones post. Lighten up.. we're not here for negativity. From what I remember, we are ALSO here to help others. And yes, I do believe that anyone is able to respond however they want as well, but I just don't see why any negativity towards someone asking a question in a polite matter..

I'm still learning everyday especially on MFP.. so again, my apologies if it has annoyed anyone. Now I know to easily just search my question up to see if it will answer anything I need to know.

I love all of the MFP people on here who continue to stay POSITIVE, motivated & determined. All of you who give me support, know that it's mutual! :)

** edit post : Hope all of you are having a good week so far.

Replies

• I truly believe that ANYONE on MFP is able to ask WHATEVER they want, however they want, and whenever they want. Just because someone asks practically the "same" question, maybe that person got a bit confused with the answers given to them. Why be so negative on someones post?? Is it THAT serious? Lighten up.. we're not here for negativity.

I love all of the MFP people on here who continue to stay POSITIVE, motivated & determined. All of you who give me support, know that it's mutual!! :)

:love:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What prompted this, I wonder?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Are you calling me fat?!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I thoroughly agree. And on that same note, everyone is allowed to respond however they want and whenever they want. Deal?
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Luckily I haven't really run across any of the negativity or drama on MFP. I've gotten nothing but love! :happy:
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I, for one, am appalled that such blatant negativity is running rampant here. I believe everyone has the right to post anything they want, as well. I support all topics that I respond to. And only the ones I respond to.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

Nut butter.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I hate you and I hate EVERYONE!!! jk, I love you all!!!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that ANYONE on MFP is able to ask WHATEVER they want, however they want, and whenever they want. Just because someone asks practically the "same" question, maybe that person got a bit confused with the answers given to them. Or if the question sounds "dumb" to you, why be so rude to them? Not everyone knows what you know. There's no need to be negative on someones post. Lighten up.. we're not here for negativity. From what I remember, we are ALSO here to help others.

I love all of the MFP people on here who continue to stay POSITIVE, motivated & determined. All of you who give me support, know that it's mutual!! :)

I agree to an extent but if you use the search feature and actually read the threads that have been posted 9 times out of 10 you can actually get a clear answer .

When I first started here I was gonna ask about the Exercise calories and the eating them back thing and before I posted I double checked the threads and low and behold I found my answer, and never had to ask.

Sometimes I don't think the commenters are really being negative but are being more ... sarcastic - which may not always translate well in text.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Nut butter.
    Now, you've done it!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I agree with you completely. I mean seriously, there's no need to be negative and mean. Maybe the newbies don't know as much as the veterans on here. I try to be nice to everyone and on the posts I don't agree with - I leave em be.

How hard is that?
  • What prompted this, I wonder?

Nut butter.

What do you have against nut butter? I eat that all the time. I just hate getting it out of my goatee.
  • GouchisGirl
    GouchisGirl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I've seen some pretty nasty responses to some posts.... I guess it isn't what is said, but maybe how it is said. People are on here for moral support and motivation.... negative words are going to do just the opposite. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but if it is negative, or just downright mean, why post it?
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    I thoroughly agree. And on that same note, everyone is allowed to respond however they want and whenever they want. Deal?

Alright. Sounds good to me. From now on.. if I ask a question, i'm gonna be sure to go on the search part of MFP to see if it has already been answered or if it helps me find what exactly I was looking for. I just didn't think i'd annoy anyone with what I wanted to know.
  • Watch_Me_Shrink
    Watch_Me_Shrink Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I dot post much but I do read. I agree that some responses are quite uncalled for also. We are meant to be here to support each other, and yes, not all people have the same knowledge. sarcasm cannot be easily seen in posts. No question is a stupid question as far as in concerned! But doing a search first can help eliminate some of the negative responses.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options

Nut butter.

What do you have against nut butter? I eat that all the time. I just hate getting it out of my goatee.

Nothing against nut butter, LOVE it! But my questions about nut butter have obviously annoyed people I guess. Lol sorry.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    I truly believe that ANYONE on MFP is able to ask WHATEVER they want, however they want, and whenever they want. Just because someone asks practically the "same" question, maybe that person got a bit confused with the answers given to them. Or if the question sounds "dumb" to you, why be so rude to them? Not everyone knows what you know. There's no need to be negative on someones post. Lighten up.. we're not here for negativity. From what I remember, we are ALSO here to help others.

I agree to an extent but if you use the search feature and actually read the threads that have been posted 9 times out of 10 you can actually get a clear answer .

When I first started here I was gonna ask about the Exercise calories and the eating them back thing and before I posted I double checked the threads and low and behold I found my answer, and never had to ask.

Sometimes I don't think the commenters are really being negative but are being more ... sarcastic - which may not always translate well in text.

This.

Totally and utterly....this. It's forum manners to use the search function before making a thread! It takes, what, 20 seconds?
  • What prompted this, I wonder?

Nut butter.

Nothing against nut butter, LOVE it! But my questions about nut butter have obviously annoyed people I guess. Lol sorry.

Don't be sorry about it! We have something in common! :heart: :flowerforyou: :love:
  • shesblossoming
    Options
    I don't think anyone was annoyed with your previous post at all. It was actually quite hilarious and made my last few minutes of work pass by. I think there should always be a certain level of respect toward other members, but I also firmly believe in being as honest as possible. Unfortunately, people have very different versions of honest. It just takes time acclimating to new personalities and understanding that people are allowed to joke around or say what they please, the exact same right that you have.
  • CaptainGordo
    Options
    Nut butter.
    Really? It annoyed people? I thought that most folks responding were either...

a) happy to sing the praises of nut butter, or
    b) happy to crack some jokes using nut butter as a metaphor.

No harm, no foul. Happy almost-weekend, kids.