WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,227 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

Barbara so sad about your redwood. Glad there is another one. And loved Rebecca 's reply to you. Insightful.

We had a great trip to the DMV yesterday - a long wait balanced by the lack of problems with the car inspection and paperwork. So now the title and registration are current. Yay! Next step is selling the car, which includes convincing my dad to sell it.

Machka yes my dad did come home and rest on the couch. He wouldn't tell me if he had some minor digestive issues, so maybe it was just that. He eats lunch there, and he can never tell me what he ate.

Today is horseback riding. Hope it's not too hot.

Have a great day folks. May you all be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
    Heather - I love how you encourage so many of us on here.
    I don’t know why my dreams always get pushed back for reality. It must have something to do with how I was raised not to take risks.
    Good luck to Max tonight. Do all of them attend private school?
    I need to get my hair trimmed, maybe I’ll do that this weekend.

Lisa - Rodger doesn’t have any friends either. I really wish he did. I don’t think it’s very healthy that he doesn’t but he seems happy enough.
    I’m with you on the DrBenja - MFP is my anchor, but we’ve never seen before. 🙄
    I have been denying friend requests from people forever but the last few weeks it seems to have really increased in number sometimes two a day.
    The scammers try everything they can.

Machka - I have never had one of those serene first night scenes either. Those pictures are probably all staged, or they hired movers. 😂 congratulations on your first night.

Annie - if you’re dying your hair you would just have to tell him to wait a bit. I need to dye my hair today, it needs to be washed and I purposely didn’t last night so I could dye today. I went with a more red than I normally do, if I don’t like it, it will only be about 6 weeks before my next one.

Machka - the same complaints are being made about trade services here as well.
    Mike Rowe - the guy from Dirty Jobs has been saying for years that if we don’t start encouraging youth to loon for futures in the Trades we are all going to suffer. They expect in the USA a shortage of trade professionals in the millions. He has started a scholarship program to get people back into it.

There is a podcast called “The Way I Heard It” episode 394 about trades and his scholarship program.

Allie - I love the haircut. I bet it would need to be dyed grey.

Rita - I like the spaceship flying into the mall.
    Hope you feel better soon.

Barbara - We sure make things worse sometimes don’t we. Sorry about your little tree.

Pip - that’s odd they would refund one and not the other. Did you end up at least keeping it to maybe sell online?

Rori - you are having fun. Does water walking help build strength? How deep of water?
    I’m intrigued.

I went to ceramics tonight. I finished one piece of my 3 piece set snowmen.
    t3xop3y4bmyf.jpeg

I did some laundry after Rodger and I got the AC put into the window. It was 37C.
    Still no interview scheduled.

Chat tomorrow.
    Tracey in Edmonton

We had the receipt for one, couldn’t find the other even though we dealt with the same person. I asked kirby if he wanted me to sell it online. I dunno we may keep it.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,063 Member
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,447 Member
    Did my first commute from our new location. It went quite smoothly, so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Walked 3.4 km ... my lunch walk below and a portion of my commute.

Climbed 28 flights of 20 stairs.

519do8wjn2gd.png

Machka in Oz
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    Pip, Yogi is so cute in his various water features! Just a polite dip now, don't mind me.....😁💖
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,996 Member
    Morning ladies
    I have brought Doris to her Eye appointment and we will be going to lunch afterwards.
    Chicken parm on the menu for me.. but will only eat 1/2 and bring the rest home.
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,694 Member
    I am ordering a Reuben sandwich today, along with some pickled veggies, and 1/3 of a Taylor farms salad kit, some clover sprouts, then my Atkins chai protein shake to end it.
    My friend can't make it to doing the farmers market this afternoon, so husband is going with me. I am in search for fruits and the best tomato ever!
    Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Wa
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,971 Member
    Good morning all you lovely ladies. I'm sittimg here watching tje sunrise. Feeling happy

I'm from south Louisiana. New Orleans area.

Carla in Louisiana

Welcome, Carla. I’m from Northeast Georgia, but my sister lives on the West Bank, right off the Huey P Long within walking distance of the river.

• drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,971 Member
    Morning all
    I have to remember not to coke zero late in the afternoon😬
    Didn't sleep well ..
    Its hot and muggy today here. So we are staying in.
    Rebecca- I was thinking of getting some of those chai latte protein shakes..but when I looked at the ingredients its alot of chemicals..
    So Im still thinking about it.. I need to keep my protein up to at least 40 a day.

I don’t know if any of the prepared protein shakes are as ingredient friendly as making your own with a good quality powder, but the OWYN brand comes pretty close. The letters stand for only what you need. I’ve only tried the caramel and the vanilla, but both were delicious in iced coffee. I drank one by itself one day when I was in a hurry. It was ok, but not what i would call yummy. I will also add to my unsolicited review that it failed miserably when I tried to make a protein pudding. I usually use 2 tablespoons of sugar free pudding to a carton of protein drink, but it did not set up. I would probably need to use close to the whole box. Two tablespoons was perfect with the premier shake, but I’m not a fan of the premier ingredients. I don’t know why I care, though. The sugar-free pudding is junk as well, but it’s so good!
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,868 Member
    <3