WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,124 Member
    Heather - When is your next surgery date? It must feel nice to be able to move about freely.
    I have such a hard time listening to podcasts. My mind tends to wander too much.

Debbie - I think I’m going to put something up in there permanently. I wish they were electric though, the batteries die pretty quick.

Tracey in Edmonton

Ours are electric- think they are the USB type- you can change the settings on them too.
    I just looked them up- the ones with a remote run from $6 and up- most are about $10.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+fairy+lights+with+remote&crid=35VFIYM4ZUHMH&sprefix=usb+fair,aps,251&ref=nb_sb_ss_pltr-data-refreshed_2_8
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 859 Member
    Carlakringuette, absolutely okay for you to join our group! This is a fast moving thread and we are a chatty bunch, please don’t feel the need to comment on everything, just jump into any conversation that strikes you. Also please sign each post with a name and location so we can get to know you. The name doesn’t have to be yours and the location can be as specific or general as you are comfortable with. You certainly do have a lot on your plate but sounds like you are handling it admirably! This is a very supportive group and we do chat about way more than weight related issues, it’s all connected, right?

Barbara, I was not aware of any earthquakes in our area! The only one that I’ve felt since moving into this house was actually heard, not felt. We are on the side of a mountain so all rock underneath us. The earthquake sounded like a large truck hitting the side of our house, which if you saw our house you would know is impossible! There is no road on that side, only 20 or so acres of forest, lol. But it was an experience!

I have been reading but not replying or even taking notes….. but there are a few things I did want to comment on.
    Heather, your recovery is truly sparing and it fills me with joy seeing and reading about your progress and the joy you are experiencing!
    Lisa, so glad that Corey decided that throwing some money at the tree was the right thing to do!
    Tracey the fairy lights in the bathroom are lovely!

Hubby comes to bed long after I’m asleep so uses a small flashlight to negotiate his way. If I wake up and it’s still dark I feel my way to the bathroom. It’s quite easy, hand along the foot of the bed, when I reach the end the hand goes out to touch the wall, over two steps to the doorway, then hand on the counter til I reach the end and then I’m at the toilet. As long as I’ve got one hand on a stationary object (bed, wall, counter etc) I’m good. I usually sleep thru the darkest part of the night, especially this time of year, and we do get enough morning sunlight by about 4 am to be able to see. Please note, I’m only up long enough to use the facilities at that time of day, lol!!

That’s it for now, off to the gym for me! Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the new gals!

Evelyn on sunny and hot Vancouver Island
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,559 Member
    edited July 6
    Tracey - you commented a week or two ago about how expensive CGM (continuous glucose monitors) were in Canada.

I ran across this fella, who lives in Toronto. Diabetes Type 2 runs in his family and he decided to start testing the reaction of a LOT of different foods with a CGM. Pretty interesting. :p

His YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@insulinresistant1

An interview, about 1 hour:
    Lanette B)
    SW WA State
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,964 Member
    Evening folks
    I was bad and had McDonald's today but I did put it in the diary and that with a few animal crackers is it for the day
    Put clothes away.. and hanging with Alfie
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 17,016 Member