WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    edited July 11
    DS and I went to Toy Scout with transformers. We didn't get as much as we would have liked. Still nice to get rid of all the boxed that were taking ups room in upstairs bedroom. It was a learning process on how to sell to them if we or I decide to sell more toys like them to them. My son is better at negotiating at this sort of thing than I am.

The star of the show was not there. He was down in Texas and had one of his team work with us.

There is a show that goes of this same name.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,946 Member
    Went to drs appointment with Doris ,that was 2 + hrs and then out to lunch had to pick up another script still have the darn bladder infection..my GP has referred me to a Urologist. Like I need another Dr to see.sheesh
    Got my new tire on..so that good.
    Now fighting a headache..going to lie down for a bit.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member
    🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • mcmillonmail
    mcmillonmail Posts: 48 Member
    Ladies, Have a wonderful weekend. I will be working my stretch.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,545 Member
    Barbara - What a saga! I feel your frustration. <3

I had the pre-op phone chat just now, but obviously she didn't have to go through everything. She quoted a number for my height that I was surprised about. (They measured me last time) I might get them to do it again, as I am two inches taller than I thought. Can't be right. I would be delighted if it were true!
    The weight was as expected.
    I won't have to have an ECG this time, just a blood test for possible anemia.
    That is all next Friday. I see the surgeon on Monday to check on my progress from the last op.

I'm getting an Uber to the DEXA. Much happier about that. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member

Lisa: That’s a beautiful quilt.

Heather: Hope it all goes well at your checkup.

Tracey: Good luck at the interview. I’m sure it will be very successful.

🤗🤗🤗 and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 for those who need them.

Waiting for my friend to contact me when she is settled in her guesthouse.

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    I have such a hard time listening to podcasts. My mind tends to wander too much.

The labor market here is very funny. If you talk to employers, they can’t get good people, if you talk to job seekers they don’t get calls. I think truly one of the problems is lazy people use AI to help with their resumes and cover letters then the employers software chooses those people based on key words, while the people that are looking and sincere, good workers are still trying to be honest about their accomplishments. It’s a truly miserable, frustrating process.

Tracey in Edmonton

I have trouble listening to "recreational" podcasts because I listen to way too many of those things & webinars at work.

I have a collection of them I keep thinking I should listen to / watch, but just can't motivate myself.

I use an Profile at the top of my resume which I litter with key words: knowledge management, database management, analytics and reporting, project management, process improvement, problem-solving skills. Then I've got similar terms throughout the resume.

Here, we produce a 4-page resume + a 2-page document that more or less addresses the key selection criteria. The 2-page document essentially provides proof of those key words. The key selection criteria might include project management skills (that's a common one), so I need to write a succinct paragraph in a STAR format to describe a time I used my project management skills. Then in the interview (a 3-person panel interview), I'll be asked to expand on my example and may be asked things like, "if the situation were different in this way, how would you have handled it?"

So it's possible, I suppose that AI might pick up key words, but there's a lot more employers are looking for, and potential employees need to prove that their key words are meaningful.

M in Oz