Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting back up AGAIN 😳

hmosser
hmosser Posts: 61 Member
Hey there! I’m just restarting my weight loss journey AGAIN! I’m a 45 year old married mom of 2 living in Texas. I have gained and lost the same 50 lbs multiple times in the past 15 years, often using MFP. Last year, I let the stress of life get me off track again, and I put on 50 lbs. I’m also finding the weight is harder to take off in my 40s. So here I am, looking for some accountability to help me stay on track! Friend me if you want to help.

Replies

• mrssarahhobbs
    mrssarahhobbs Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 30
    This resonates! Recently turned 45, hormones, stress levels and weight fluctuating regularly. Living with 2 adult children, a 10 year old and a type 1 diabetic partner who has sweets on hand. The struggle is real!!
  • Saturncap10
    Saturncap10 Posts: 26 Member
    Hi im new but old returning too to restart my fatloss journey. Looking to lose some fat get fit and be healthy.
  • Rxman1971
    Rxman1971 Posts: 339 Member
    Best of luck u got this
  • Fortonjennifer
    Fortonjennifer Posts: 1 Member
    Just getting back to it as well… I’m 52 with a husband and two teen girls. I work long hours and struggle to find time to get to my gym! I’m also looking for friends to keep me motivated.
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 955 Member
    Feeling all of that. It's harder for sure! But the motivation is stronger, so there's that. 👍
  • JohnK912
    JohnK912 Posts: 6 Member
    You can do it, Fellow Texan!
  • katamom
    katamom Posts: 2 Member
    you got this! Add me as friend - any of you- WE can do this :-)
  • Jhardyman1
    Jhardyman1 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm 40 and have gained 55 lbs over the past 2 years, and I am trying to get it off. You can do this, don't give up!
  • blondie123179
    blondie123179 Posts: 4 Member
    I'm in the same boat. I'm 44 and need to change my eating habits. A health scare helped me realize I need to take care of myself. I'm 16lbs down since 6/4.
  • yfm6tvzpc4
    yfm6tvzpc4 Posts: 2 Member
    Relatable! Closer to 50 than 40 and it’s SO HARD! consistency is key. Keep at it one day at a time.
  • Hallzeehall
    Hallzeehall Posts: 40 Member
    100% me as well - lost quite a bit of weight about 10 years ago and it’s been creeping back up over the years, I don’t want to hide behind being so busy (FT job, teenage son, side business, sports, drivers training, grad parties, etc.) but of course have been using that as a crutch and want to put the effort in to me and make healthy living a priority. I have a hard time committing after a few weeks because it’s discouraging when the scale doesn’t reflect how you feel you are doing. Just rejoined MFP a few weeks ago and am determined to be consistent. So far doing well but can use all the help and motivation and support I can get! Hoping to find some friends here to keep me on track. :)
  • hkcarp
    hkcarp Posts: 2 Member
    Ugh.. I feel this SO HARD!
  • TootlesToodles
    TootlesToodles Posts: 84 Member
    I am ready for a change. I just got back on here. I'm ready to start a new healthy chapter in my new life! You can do it!
  • netjim66
    netjim66 Posts: 2 Member
    This is a great app. Counting calories is a must for me. There have been months where I did not keep track and sure enough, I gained 10 pounds.
  • EmJustEm05
    EmJustEm05 Posts: 23 Member
    Same boat, girl, same boat! Add me - would love mutual mama support <3
  • IslandGal3
    IslandGal3 Posts: 45 Member
    I’m 53. The struggle is real!