WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Today is BRAIN day! Exercise your brain!

RVRita in Roswell 🛸

Every day working with my data and code. :)

Allie - does your brother not drive or have a vehicle, isn’t his own responsibility to get himself to court? Your SIL was a piece of work before it seems she’s still trying to boss.

Agreed ... it's his business.
    Michele - one of the schools I was at taught all subjects in French. I can see how they could learn math and science in Spanish.
    In my course we learned that the best time to learn a second language is when we are young.

Yes, there were French immersion schools around when I was growing up.

We have downsized twice - when we moved from NB to AB we came with 9 suitcases and a hockey bag. Eventually we managed to get some furniture pieces that meant a lot to me, my China cabinet, hope chest, great grandmothers dresser and other antique pieces of hers. Then some boxes.
    The second time we downsized was when we moved in here. Kept most of what we had been able to get from NB.
    I will be getting rid of some shelves, a couch and some footstool storage boxes when I get my living room cabinet built and new couch this Fall.

Machka - I am much like you. I do make plans when it involves other people but for the most part I’m a “fly by the seat of my pants” type.

Yeah, I find that even if I plan the next few hours, they often don't turn out like I had planned!! :lol:

I didn’t hear from the interview today. Really hoping I hear tomorrow.

I hope you hear soon too ... I hate waiting for things like that!!

The smoke is terrible here tonight, I can barely see the planes taking off. The town of Jasper has just been put on evacuation notice.

Oh ... poor Jasper!!

Machka in Oz
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,545 Member
    edited July 23
    Tracey
    - Crossing fingers and toes for you re the job.

I've just been for my blood group test. I questioned whether I needed a fourth one, but the nurse said they were also testing for antibodies. :)
    I dressed in Italian style, in black with gold accessories. :p It amuses me.

My grandchildren go to a bilingual school. English/Spanish. Bea has a perfect accent!

I haven't installed my rotating shelf yet, but will get to it this afternoon.

John and I thought crushed cauliflower with crême fraiche and parmesan would be nice with herby roasted chicken thighs. I ordered 2 packets on my last Waitrose. When I opened one frozen packet, I found chicken wings, which John hates. We are going to eat them, but I will email them to get a refund. The other packet is thighs. ;)

Left over fritatta for lunch. Yum.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    Good morning beautiful ladies!

I usually have a list of things to work on when I get a chance, but it doesn't feel as formal as a planned goal.

Have a lovely day, my friends! May you be happy, healthy, safe and free!

Annie in Delaware

Me too!

One long, ongoing list.

Machka in Oz

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,669 Member
    kevrit wrote: »
    Today is BRAIN day! Exercise your brain! I like playing Words With Friends. If you’d like to challenge me, PM me! Also Mango and Penuche Fudge. I love Penuche and used to make it, but no more…. Too much sugar!! I’ll buy a Mango today as I haven’t had one in a long time!
    6e61pr482814.jpeg
    qqk97p9gvqva.jpeg
    65u7ap7bf2p0.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell 🛸

I play WWFs too. I do it from FB. I will tag you.😁💖
    Rebecca
    Not in Whidbey
    Wa
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,178 Member
    :heart:
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,669 Member
    1948CWB wrote: »
    I am putting this in a spoiler because it may be too much information!
    Hello Ladies! :) I am thankful my knee replacement is over and the dr said it looked good. We got to the surgery center at 7 Am and was out by 2:30. All of the employees were very, very kind and did excellent jobs getting me through it. My only problem was that I came out of the anesthesia before the nerve block was over. The knee hurt so bad that I cried but they gave me more pain meds. Was able to use the walker and went up/down the steps (good because our car garage is in the basement). After I was feeling better, I used my cane instead of the walker and now I am icing. Will just follow all the directions and hope for continued healing with no blood clots.

Margaret ~ You look great in your photo at the gardens. Your efforts to change your diets are showing up.

Rebecca ~ Hope you are able to have a good visit with your sister and that pink eye won't interfere with it. Hope your son and d-in-law find a suitable sitter soon so you can go back to your island.

Heather ~ Good luck and blessings on your second surgery. You did great on the first so I'm sure you will succeed beautifully.

Sorry, but that's all I can remember but love you all!

Carol in GA

Oh I am so relieved your knee replacement went well! I have done that before coming out of anesthesia and being so confused, crying and hurting. Its no fun.😥
    Yes, this has been the best actually, but it will be great to get home and chill with husband.💖
    Rebecca
    Not in Whidbey
    Wa
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,545 Member
    Yeah Carol! Great to hear from you. :D
    May your recovery be smooth and quick.

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    @Carol so glad to hear you got it done and doing well! Stairs the first day? WOW!

Yesterday food: Oikos Triple zero yogurt, 1/2 banana, muesli, 1 T Craisins. Dinner was leftovers: 2 chicken drumsticks, 1/4 cup of beans, 2 slices sweet potato, 1/2 cup cucumber. Snacks- Balanced Breaks white cheddar, almond, and craisins- tangerine-2 rice cakes. Supper:- flour tortilla with fresh ground almond butter/peanut butter mix and jelly and a nectarine. Only 19 calories over.

4875k32lcs28.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 4,140 Member
    Today is: Celebrate all us gorgeous grandmas! Have some vanilla ice cream (my favorite kind) with chocolate and peanut butter, and sprinkles on top!

2m6x3neda90t.jpeg
    4ca0yjwz24i3.jpeg
    f0d5z0l4k2ds.jpeg

RVRita in Roswell

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,113 Member
    :)Carol, Hooray. You are on your way. Take it one day at a time and don't rush things and you'll be line dancing (or whatever you like) before too long.

:) I, too, have lists. The intentional aspect of my life is choosing what belongs on the list and what can be discarded. I choose to do the essentials and ignore the rest. The more I practice this, the better I get at separating the essential from the rest.

<3 Barbie in NW WA

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member