Just Give Me 10 Days - Round 266

Replies

• judefit1
    judefit1 Posts: 917 Member
    edited July 23
    @SModa61:
    @judefit1 BTW I use these so my husband does not divorce me https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09GY6R1BQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
    I have the Apple version :-) I tried the buds but they fell out and I was afraid I'd swallow one!

@Chapter_3: I'm super proud, and yes, the girls now want to do a kid's triathlon (which there are!)

@_JeffreyD_: you got it, that youngest one is a firecracker! I'm surprised she didn't try to follow her!

@Skyleen75: thank you, yes she's amazing! I don't know how she gets it all done and keeps her girls her first priority, but she does- with the help of a fantastic, supportive husband, I know what you mean about hte bike-2 hrs and my butt's done!
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,722 Member
    Skyleen75 wrote: »
    @deepwoodslady I have to admit, I had a nagging feeling yesterday that I had answered your post rather flippantly and that my input was not constructive. I apologize and appreciate your grace in response.
    Clearly the answer is not as simple as I suggested!
    Your struggle right now is also very relatable, I get anxious and overwhelmed when my home is in disorder.
    I’d like it if you treated yourself with the same kindness and grace you show to each and every one of us.
    What you are doing is enough right now. Stop beating yourself up.

@Skyleen75 You were fine yesterday and kind today. Your help is always appreciated. :)
  • quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 6,136 Member
    @deepwoodslady @_JeffreyD_

Home Ownership is House needing SOMETHING constantly. This is why DH doesn’t want to own but he ALSO doesn’t want to “throw money away” on rent! What a conundrum!

Do you have a designated “snack time” or is that just when you feel like having a snack. Interestingly, Carl’s diabetic aunt would have a blood sugar crash every time I took her to the grocery store! After we found someone who could get her a sugar loaded soda she would have to sit for awhile to “feel better” before getting through the produce section. This would take over an hour and she would be exhausted by the time she made it. Then I still had to do the remainder of the shopping! Sorry, something triggered a rant.

• quiltingjaine
    quiltingjaine Posts: 6,136 Member
    Female 5’1” Age 74 years
    *Travel - no scale part of the time
    HWE 197.0 (2/2008)
    Weight on 1/17/17 174.5
    OGW 137 (set by WW 2008, WW goal 1985 was 126) UGW was 125 (HS weight) Started LCHF/Keto 7/17/2017 (mid round 10)

👍👍This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE👍👍
    Rnd 7 167.0 to Rnd 17 155.5
    To Rnd 27 146*
    To Rnd 37 139.0
    To Rnd 47 133.5*
    To Rnd 57 131.5
    To Rnd 67 128.0
    To Rnd 77 125.0
    To Rnd 87 121.0*
    To Rnd 97 121.0
    To Rnd 107 122.0
    To Rnd 117 116.0
    To Rnd 127 117.0
    To Rnd 137 117.0
    To Rnd 147 116.0 🙌
    To Rnd 157 115.5
    To Rnd 167 119.4
    To Rnd 177 118.3
    To Rnd 187 120.0
    To Rnd 197 121.5
    To Rnd 207 123.5
    To Rnd 217 126.5
    To Rnd 227 127.5
    To Rnd 237 128.0
    To Rnd 247 135.5
    To Rnd 257 134.5
    Rnd 258 133.5
    Rnd 259 133.0
    Rnd 260 133.5
    Rnd 261 133.5
    Rnd 262 132.5
    Rnd 263 133.0
    Rnd 264 134.0
    Rnd 265 133.0
    Rnd 266 134.0
    We ALL have good rounds and bad but that is part of life. Don’t stay away, stay accountable. We don’t judge, we support.-Jpv,2/13/19

What we need to succeed is a sustainable way of eating, not a DIET we go on and off.

This is NOT A DIET. It’s a LIFESTYLE.

We are unstoppable not because we do not have failures but because we continue on despite them. - paraphrase of original quote by Beau Taplin

Up and down - just riding the waves of life. 🌊 🏄‍♀️ (My new mantra-3/19/22)

"Do or do not. There is no try." -Yoda

Comments pertain to previous day

SW RND 266 134.0
    7/15 134.5 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ no explanation, no idea, stupid body
    7/16 133.5
    7/17 133.0 SEVEN YEARS AGO TODAY I arrived on this platform and started keto/LCHF. It’s been so an interesting ride. For the first time since we moved to Las Vegas our power was out for an hour last night. Our daughter insisted that we come to their house for the night because she had a/c and we didn’t. As we packed an overnight bag the power came on. All is well and all of the flashlights have new batteries.😁
    7/18 133.0 Last night was Bingo. DD#2 was experiencing chest pain and since cardiologist told her last week that he’s fairly certain she’s had 2 heart attacks she was panicky and spent the whole day at the ER getting tests only to be sent home at 8:30pm with nothing found. Having experienced this myself many years ago, I suspect any chest pain no matter how small caused a panic attack. She has a stress test a week from tomorrow. In the meantime, her knee surgery which was supposed to be this past Monday is on hold. She wanted to get it done before school starts on August eighth.
    7/19 132.5
    7/20 131.5 I’m keeping my total carbs super low and if I do want something extra I make it protein (and fat) - usually some cheese.
    7/21 132.0 Really salty high protein chips last night. (Collecting 24 hr urine) Sorry if this is too much info but this is my only “diary”
    7/22 131.0 Art Quilts meeting today. I may skip - splitting headache and blood draw. Driving 20 miles to a meeting is losing appeal
    **Post Script - I skipped the meeting, came home and had coffee and ASA, then lunch and still have the h/a. More ASA and h/a finally left around 4.
    7/23 131.5 Last night DH asked if I would go to the gym with him this morning. ❤️ This is a date after being together almost 55 years. ❤️🫤😁 Oh and he bought me a Hershey 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ bar as a reward for what I’ve gone through with my mouth for the last month. That ends tomorrow. I really don’t want the Hershey bar but feel it might hurt his feelings to say that.
  • deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 11,722 Member
    edited July 23
    @deepwoodslady @_JeffreyD_

Home Ownership is House needing SOMETHING constantly. This is why DH doesn’t want to own but he ALSO doesn’t want to “throw money away” on rent! What a conundrum!

Do you have a designated “snack time” or is that just when you feel like having a snack. Interestingly, Carl’s diabetic aunt would have a blood sugar crash every time I took her to the grocery store! After we found someone who could get her a sugar loaded soda she would have to sit for awhile to “feel better” before getting through the produce section. This would take over an hour and she would be exhausted by the time she made it. Then I still had to do the remainder of the shopping! Sorry, something triggered a rant.

@quiltingjaine I bought a home that had not been updated since the 1970's so every single room needs A LOT. As a single widowed lady I bought the house with "good bones" that is EXACTLY what I needed at the time for myself and the needs of my disabled son. I consider it a "fixer upper" and it was in the right price range for me. The repairs and remodels have been expensive but I have shopped for the best labor possible. But you do get what you pay for. It's taking them forever but they are doing a good job.

In regards to Carl's aunt, it was probably the excursion of the walking itself that caused the change in her sugars, especially if she sat a lot at home and didn't get much exercise. During my cardiac rehab at the hospital they took my sugars before I started the machines and the treadmill as taking it after would completely deplete the numbers temporarily. My sugars had to be in good order before I was allowed to participate. Stress is also something that will drastically make your numbers go up or down. Also, she may not have eaten enough before the trips if her glucose was dropping. Diabetes is a pain in the royal rear. I became diabetic when I quit smoking and gained so much weight. But my mom had just died of lung cancer so I didn't want to "stay in bed with the devil". The newfound obesity really wrecked havoc on my health. I've been fighting it ever since. Getting my weight in check is the best thing I can do for my T2D. It's exhausting not just for the diabetic but for everyone around them who has to deal with it on their behalf. I get it.