WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2024

Replies

• 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    :)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,693 Member
    A pleasant day. Planning for tomorrow.

Carol: and Rori: and any others who need them ….

Virtual (((hugs))) held extra long and 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

🙋‍♀️ Miele failte to the newbies.

☘️ Terri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Poerava14 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the good thoughts. Colonoscopy is done. One small polyp found and removed. Yay! Really wasn't too bad.

FYI: I followed Allie's tip of drinking prep solution over ice with a straw. Also added small amounts of Good Earth spicy tea (Thanks, Debbie for recommending this product years ago) to cut the solution when it got hard to finish the last gulps in the glass. It has a strong cinnamon and ginger finish which really cut the yucky flavor and thickness. And then, I chewed my favorite gym to finish clearing my palate and enjoy a fresher mouth.

I'll be back here once I catch up reading. Till then, stay well.

Rori
    Colorado Foothills
    glad everything went well- Also glad you tried and liked that tea- Everyone that has tried it that I know of really like it. One of my favorites and nice herbal so I can enjoy at night
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,965 Member
    <3
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,740 Member
    Tracey - The worst part of any furniture job is stripping the old varnish or paint off, isn't it? Once you start, though, you can't stop! 😲😁 Good luck on the interview, dear heart. You will do well. Look forward to seeing the finished table, too. I'm so sorry about the fires. Loving the snowman.

Terri - Happy anniversary!

Rori - Pleased that the scope went well.

Heather - Many good wishes on the surgery. You seem to have done better distracting yourself ahead of time this time, I think it's easier to deal with things when we know exactly what to expect. Hope the surgery is quick and successful and recovery is swift and painfree.

Allie -
    Hope you wake feeling better.

Thanks for noticing that I was MIA, I do tend to post a lot, don't I? Occasionally the weight of the last few years descends on me and I react to one of my to-be-expected, occasional tough days more like a honey badger than a plucky Pollyanna-type. I would have savaged anyone within ten feet of me quite happily there for a couple days. Best to remain silent. Luckily those are infrequent.

Medical shtuffs:
    Appointment snuck up on me, I had it in my calendars for Friday, but it's tomorrow morning. Initial dermatologist appointment, part of the baseline stuff for the Skyrizi. Should be hearing from ophthalmologist soon, and then just full round of lab work in two weeks. Was asked to get them done two weeks after first home injection.

But, bright spot is that, barring any issues with the lab work, that should set me up for a bit of a break. After all these are done, nothing in sight until late September colonoscopy 😳😲👀. Not my fav, but never met anyone who LIKES doing that prep. Trying to just think about it as a Hollywood colon cleanse. Urk. Because of my issues, it's a three-day clear liquid fast... then the usual prep.

K - My middle-of-the-night spate of loquacity has dried right up, time to head back to bed.

Later y'all,
    Love,
    Lisa
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,645 Member
    Barbara, I haven't had a breast MRI, but other MRI, and it is loud but not uncomfortable. I get ultrasounds with my mammogram, earlier because of dense breasts, but now because they want to make sure nothing develops in my reduced right breast. The ultrasound is super easy. No pain at all.

Flea
    Willamette Valley OR
  • 1948CWB
    1948CWB Posts: 1,484 Member
    Prayers for all of you going through the fire season! That sounds so scary!

Tracey ~ Wishing you the best on your interview. When my son got is last job, he was interviewed over and over but it has worked out well for him.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,416 Member
    Feeling devastated about Jasper. I love that town. So many good memories.

Machka in Oz
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,978 Member