Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What do you add to your yogurt

dannytrees1
dannytrees1 Posts: 271 Member
Hey all, I many times buy yogurt and berries premixed at the grocery store.
I want to make my own creations.
What do you mix in with your store bought plain yogurt.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,690 Member
    Additions I like:
    - blueberries (thawed)
    - cacao nibs (in moderation, these are very bitter on their own :smile: )
    - applesauce from a jar, to make it sweeter
    - crunchy muesli
  • p8m6bwghh9
    p8m6bwghh9 Posts: 49 Member
    I like
    - Cocoa powder
    - Cinnamon
    - Honey
  • Hobartlemagne
    Hobartlemagne Posts: 491 Member
    very much a kid approach-
    You can "fix" plain yogurt with fruit syrup or jam.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,629 Member
    For a snack, plain nonfat Greek yogurt with frozen mixed berries (or cherries) and chocolate peanut butter powder. The berries may stay frozen, or half-thawed quickly in the microwave.

For breakfast, that (though with plain peanut better powder) plus 14g walnuts, 12g ground flax seed, 10g hemp hearts, half a teaspoon or so of Ceylon cinnamon.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,193 Member
    I buy my yogurt in the 32oz sizes.

I often eat it plain.

However, when I don't: fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, cut-up apple, peach, ...), dried fruit (when fresh not available), nuts, wheat germ, no sugar Alpen or other unsweetened museli. I enjoy peanut butter mixed in (the mix-it-yourself natural style PB). Or, some combo of all/most of this. Not a fan of added sugar, honey, sweeteners in general, using them minimally.

I use yogurt (usually NOT Greek-style, but occasionally that too) for marinades and sauces and such, including as a salad dressing base. I irregularly "Greek-ify" regular yogurt by straining it for a specific use. I sometimes bake bread with it - as a bread component, but also I've been experimenting with it as a source of live bacteria in emulating sourdough starter.

I often contemplate making it myself (I also bake most of our bread and do a lot of the cooking from whole ingredients), but frankly it's still convenient enough to buy and a timesaver to do that. It's one of the purchases I make ensuring that it's organic.

Good luck.
  • AuroraUwU0
    AuroraUwU0 Posts: 33 Member
    I usually mix with a fruit, apples, strawberries, or mangoes. Then I add chia seeds, almonds or pecans, and some granola. Also dried fruits: cranberries, raisins. Enjoy !!
  • boberg1239
    boberg1239 Posts: 25 Member
    To help meet my protein goals, I like to add Keto Chow (brand protein powder) to my Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt. 1 serving Keto Chow mixed in 2 cups yogurt. Let it set in fridge for 4 hours to intensify the flavor and you have 2-4 servings of a delicious high protein treat. For those not familiar with Keto Chow, it comes in many flavors and adds about 23-28 grams of protein, less than 1 grams of sugar, and a couple of grams of fiber. Current favorites are Maple Pecan and Butterscotch. It makes the consistency of the yogurt like a thick pudding.
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,193 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    Instant coffee.

yum.
  • blackpinkinbayarea
    blackpinkinbayarea Posts: 29 Member
    On a diet day, I have nonfat plain greek yogurt with 15 blueberries or half a banana or two strawberries on top. On a cheat/relaxed day, I have strawberry nonfat greek yogurt with apple, chia seeds, granola, and almond butter. :)
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,825 Member
    My typical breakfast with skyr is
    40gr oats, 8gr raisins, 80gr skyr and whatever fruit I have. Mix well. Gives a rather solid texture that keeps me full longer than liquid-y things. I need a carb-heavy breakfast.
  • achefling
    achefling Posts: 8 Member
    Plain yogurt is one of my go-to foods. I stock up on cranberries when they are in season and usually have frozen cranberries and ground flax seeds. Sometimes I include pumpkin purée. No sweetners, I like the tartness. I’ve also included coffee which is pretty good. I’ve tried protein powders but the mix of the sweetener in the powders and the tartness of the yogurt don’t work for me.
  • slavely33
    slavely33 Posts: 1 Member
    Sugar free instant pudding mix! 😋
  • simlovgin960831
    simlovgin960831 Posts: 34 Member
    I add a couple of tablespoons of granulated, white sugar and a couple of tablespoons of granola to one cup of plain, Greek yogurt. Oh, it is so good!
  • nprrts46nk
    nprrts46nk Posts: 3 Member
    I add 1/2 cup of high protein yogurt to half cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, handful of berries and a dash of cinnamon and of course a drizzle of honey. Mix it all up and use as overnight oats, or heat it up and enjoy in the moment, it delicious, filling , healthy 😊
  • littlegreenparrot1
    littlegreenparrot1 Posts: 701 Member
    Peel and chop an apple, cook it up for 10 minutes with some cinnamon and a bit of brown sugar. Few toasted hazelnuts or almonds on top.

Stewed rhubarb worked well.
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 271 Member
    nprrts46nk wrote: »
    I add 1/2 cup of high protein yogurt to half cup of rolled oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, handful of berries and a dash of cinnamon and of course a drizzle of honey. Mix it all up and use as overnight oats, or heat it up and enjoy in the moment, it delicious, filling , healthy 😊

I’m going to try this next.
    Thanks