Just came to say hello + intro

Hey, I’m Laz, I’m 23, open to friend requests and fitness support!
I started my fitness and health journey a few months ago I think in May (2024). It’s now August and I think I’ve finally found what works for me and found my rhythm in losing weight.

I’ve lost ~40lbs already with just learning to eat clean (it’s not super budget friendly, but it’s what needs to be done), and making time to throw in at least a few mins of exercise. I also learned a few other things about myself: like learning what kind of foods my body needs more of and metabolizes easiest (protein and fat).

I used to have really bad self esteem and image, but once I got into the momentum of just being okay with where I’m at now (it seriously just started by doing some gratefulness journals every day and having motivational quotes that suited me and my taste everywhere I look)
I haven’t been worrying and stressing about the numbers and living my life more.

Anyway, things are changing for the better and I’m proud of myself tbh

If anyone wants to be my fitness and health buddy please send me a friend request:))

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,939 Member
    Welcome, Laz!

Losing 40 lbs in roughly 14 weeks is very, very aggressive. I'm glad you found a method which is working for you, but perhaps a little moderation moving forward will be a good transition towards your eventual maintenance phase, once you reach target weight.
  • lazlogen2260
    lazlogen2260 Posts: 3 Member
    I didn’t really know that losing that much in that time was aggressive, thank you for letting me know!

When I started I was super strict with what I ate, when I ate, and still had no idea what my goals should be. That might have been why I dropped so fast. I was also on a liquid diet for almost 2 weeks during that time so that could have contributed as well.

But I think I’m doing a pretty decent job now at slowing down and taking my time. I just get really excited when I see that scale going down and get fixated on losing more, faster.

I realized I should slow down recently too bc I noticed that my skin had really no time to adjust to my weight so I’m starting to get loose skin in some places.

I really appreciate your advice and input! And thank you for the welcome 😁