why did you add some people on your friends list?

Options
SkateboardFi
SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
i don't require a message from folks, but in general, what makes you add someone? for me, if i see they're into some of the same things i am (skating, anime, books) i'll add them, or if they make me laugh in the boards i'll send them a request. you all?

Replies

• kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I add anyone that sends a request and remove people who don't log in for more than 14 days.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I require a message, and the reason for this is because if they are willing to take the time to put a little message in the box, than I know 1 they read my profile which means I've either inspired them to add me, or 2) they seem to think we have similar goals.

I'm not a friend catcher, I have about 70ish friends on my list, of which I interact with almost all of them daily.
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Everything you said, plus if they are cute guy who makes my gaydar antenna flair up they get a request as well :P
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I add people if (1) they are hot (2) if we have a lot of mutual friends, because if that's the case, they must be cool cuz I have cool peeps on here and (3) they are funny and make me laugh.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    if they're hot, inspirational, witty and thick skinned, have an interesting reason for friending me, etc. or a combination of all of the above.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I'm a brat and I require a message. That is mostly, because I come with a warning label thta I have a disclaimer and I want to KNOW that people ready my profile BEFORE they send me a request and are not going to be offended by me being me. I don't care what your goals are, if you want/need support, I'll give it to you, regardless of what we have in common. Ultimately, we all hve a common goal - to get/be healthy.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    Everything you said, plus if they are cute guy who makes my gaydar antenna flair up they get a request as well :P

hehehe i like you. ADD. *exhibit A*
  • missdaisy79
    missdaisy79 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I hunted down and added the people I know from real life who are on here. I have been added by some lovely people who I don't know away from this site, and I like reading their stuff. It gives me a totally different view on things.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I like to add really funny or smart people and I enjoy the interaction I have with my...

Oh who am I kidding? Boobs. 90% boobs.
  • FitnessDynasty
    Options
    i don't require a message from folks, but in general, what makes you add someone? for me, if i see they're into some of the same things i am (skating, anime, books) i'll add them, or if they make me laugh in the boards i'll send them a request. you all?

I just want a friend... :( ;D
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    LOL some of these are hilarious
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    If we have common interests & like you, if their post on forums made me laugh.
    also add team members for challenges.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I've got a warning label. Swim at your own risk.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I like to add really funny or smart people and I enjoy the interaction I have with my...

Only honest guy here.
  • SkateboardFi
    Options
    word. i wanted to ask because i wonder what motivates others on it, is it strictly looks? curiousity?
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I have added people because I have seen what they have posted in the forums and they seemed fun which all my MFP friends are!! LOL.
  • skittybang
    skittybang Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Message (must in some shape or form express their love for me) & they must have a sense of humor!!!! I'm supportive, but I love joking around as well! Having mutual friends helps exponentially! I also say very crude things and am proud to say I have ZERO deletions this week! Better than weight loss :laugh:
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options

This!!! I like boobies!
  • cw_london
    Options
    I go with what kel_be and rockylucas say :P
  • DannyMussels
    DannyMussels Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    1)they skateboard
    2)they're a chick