LESS Alcohol ~ AUGUST 2024 ~ One Day at A Time

Replies

• SurferGirl1982
    SurferGirl1982 Posts: 199 Member
    @forestdweller1 I ordered some Churu from Amazon. I read the reviews and a lot of people use that for giving pills. It's not as expensive as I thought. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. The reason I don't buy it at the store is that the nearest pet store is 15 miles away ☹️
  • SurferGirl1982
    edited August 30
    @forestdweller1 I knew you didn't mean it literally. I knew exactly what you were talking about. Being able to dump it down the sink. Trust me...there's been times where it was really hard 😕

In fact, at one time, I would decide how much I wanted to drink before I had bought it. I figured that I would measure out (in a measuring cup with ml) what I had over that amount and pour it out right when I got home from the store. But that only happened a time or two. After a couple of drinks, I would panic and go get more 😁

I'm not sure if they have NA beer there or not. But if I were going to stop, I would probably get a real beer. This would only be from time to time.

Yes I'm hoping the Churu works. I think it will!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @Womona I am getting back on the AF horse. But I may allow myself an A day from time to time (just occasionally).

You sure do have a nice husband. He really seems to take good care of you.

Congratulations on the new boat! I bet you're excited!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,635 Member
    Morning and happy Friday

I have created our new monthly place to gather. Click here to join us in SEPTEMBER for LESS Alcohol

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10922772/less-alcohol-september-2024-one-day-at-a-time/p1?new=1
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,713 Member
    Michieb125 wrote: »
    Is anyone else their worst critic!?! Reframing this would be “I am pleased with my overall efforts, remembering that I AM accomplishing my intermittent LA/AF goal and no longer strive for perfection.”

This!!!!!! I love it and needed to hear this today.

Thanks for the congrats on the boat!
  • Womona
    @SurferGirl1982 i’ve never had a cat, but had a dog that needed meds. When he wouldn’t take it wrapped in cheese or a greenie, (or worse, eat the yummy parts and spit out the pill😡) I would literally just hold his jaw open and shove it down his throat with my finger.
  • Womona
    chicbuc wrote: »
    @Womona I admire you ability to have just one...or even two...glasses so much even if it is an extra ounce. Go you!!

Thank you!!!
  • Womona
    @Womona I am getting back on the AF horse. But I may allow myself an A day from time to time (just occasionally).

You sure do have a nice husband. He really seems to take good care of you.

Congratulations on the new boat! I bet you're excited!

That’s a nice compromise- to have alcohol as an occasional treat. Kind of like a calorie bomb meal or decadent dessert as an occasional treat. I’m striving for that as well!

My husband really is wonderful. Thanks on both counts!
  • SurferGirl1982
    @chicbuc Congrats on getting 3 days in a row 🙂

@NonnieDoiron That was very sweet of your hubby. Don't worry if the bottle doesn't make it to tonight. After the day you had you deserve it. Besides, it's 5 o'clock somewhere 😁

@SparkSpringtime69 Thank you for your support. I'm looking forward to starting September so I can start at the beginning of the month!

Have a good weekend everyone!