Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Women 200lb+, Let's Stay Strong This September!!!

RavenStCloud
RavenStCloud Posts: 362 Member
edited September 1 in Motivation and Support
🍂Happy September, ladies!🍂

🍁Fall is here! The weather is changing and so are we! Lots of exciting events and holidays are coming up. Which are you most looking forward to and, conversely, are there any that you're worried about?

🍁How did summer treat you? And what are your goals for September? We've got some time before the end of the year; what would you like to accomplish before then?

🤎 If you've never been here before, please know you are welcome to join at any point in the month. All you have to do is post something, and then BAM! you're one of us.

🤎 In this group, we post our weekly and monthly goals and provide support and motivation to each other as we share our triumphs and our struggles. This group is all about accountability.

🤎 All are welcome and, if you think you belong here, you do! No matter how much you currently weigh or how you measure (or don't measure) your weight, we'd love to hear from you.

🤎 Victories, both scale and non-scale, are great to hear about, but, conversely, we know that weight loss isn't all sunshine and roses. If you're going through a rough patch, please feel free to be honest and vent your heart out. The struggle is real and we're all here to support each other!

🍂Let's stay strong and have a superbly
amazing September!🍂

Replies

• quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 73 Member
    🍁Which event/holiday are you most looking forward to and, conversely, are there any that you're worried about?
    I'm looking forward to spooky season! I love sweater weather and warm drinks. Cooling off and having an excuse to stay in and cuddle up on the couch! Plus my boyfriend has a work holiday party coming up where we will be taking a weekend trip to Whistler, and his friends are also getting married in a couple months which is also going to be great!

🍁How did summer treat you? And what are your goals for September? What would you like to accomplish before the end of the year?
    Summer this year was really great! I always seem to find my health/fitness motivation in June, so the challenge now will be maintaining it even into the colder months. My main goal for September is to be as busy as possible with appointments at work so I can stay out of credit card debt. Before the end of the year I'd like to hit a few more personal records at the gym, move down 1 dress size (by the wedding, it will be easier for me to shop if I'm in a standard size rather than a plus size), and finally get my RMT license that I've been working on. I'm currently in a 6-8 week wait for my results, and that limbo is paired with a LOT of financial stress. Once I get my license money won't be an issue any longer and I'll be able to dedicate myself more to my health!

AUGUST 1st: 213.6 lbs -> 31st: 207.2 lbs

Starting weight: 219 lbs (6/10/24)
    Ending weight: 207.2 lbs (8/31/24)
    Total loss: -11.8lbs
    Goal weight: 150-165lbs
    Goal Body Fat: 20-25%

Goals for September: ✔
    - Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week
    - Log meals daily and accurately ✔
    - Gym 3x/week
    - Drink more water and less sugar ✔
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date
    - Weigh in at 202lbs at the end of the month (-5.2lbs)

Non weight Successes:
    - TBD
  • Back2here
    Back2here Posts: 1 Member
    Just came back after a year. I got down to 207 and now back at 209. With the weather turning I want to add bike and/or walk at least twice a week. Week days I am pretty religious about 1 hour of yoga and stretching with 5 # weights 3-4x week but only do about 10 minutes on the stationary bike at the gym. Probably need to up that goal to 20 minutes this month. Playing pickle ball one night a week is good aerobic. So many personal successes this year. By my 69th birthday in January I would like to be in "onederland"
  • GardenQueen30
    GardenQueen30 Posts: 17 Member
    @GardenQueen30 Thank you so much for sharing vulnerably!! I can so understand that feeling. We DO need to learn to love ourselves, even if our bodies don’t (yet) look exactly the way we want them to. Your body is strong and it sounds like has gotten you through a LOT of hard stuff! Your body is amazing. And you are learning to love yourself and care for yourself as you consider nutrition, exercise, and what you want to do for YOU.

I’m attaching a pic of me at the end of 2020 and me two days ago. The me in 2020 was successful in her career and had lots of good friends - but I needed to learn how to balance being awesome at my job and taking care of others while ALSO being awesome at taking care of myself. Now I am no less awesome at my job (and still have plenty of friends) but I also make time for the things that see important to me (cooking nutritious foods for me and my family, exercising regularly). I still have a LONG way to go to become the best version of myself, but I have also learned so much. I share this to say YOU GOT THIS. Anything is possible. Your body is strong and she will get you through to the other side. ❤️❤️

ume8az5ucvsj.jpeg

Thank you so much for this! What a kind post, and so inspiring. And it reminds me that yes, I have an incredible network of friends here and a really rich life. My job as a stay at home mom is intense and delirious, but rewarding and I’m finding space to explore things I don’t think I would have been motivated to in the past. Life is really good. I still have a lot more balancing to do, but it feels so good to be on this path where I’m taking care of my body and seeing progress for the first time ever.

You are stunning, and your hair is incredible! Have a fantastic week. Thank you so much for your kindness.

• kiteflyer105
    kiteflyer105 Posts: 159 Member
    Fall is one of my favorite seasons to decorate for…I love the crisp air, vibrant leaves, apple picking, pumpkin carving, making new soups, pumpkin food, hot cocoa, and sweater weather. It seems like they don’t make as many cool sweaters like they use to…In the fall weather I am very consistent with exercise, I love it!

Before the end of the year, I would really like to make it to Onderland. With Physical Therapy, I am not sure it is possible. Also, I would like my A1C to jump down to 2 points and be in the 6’s. I need to get my colonoscopy done.

I am volunteering for the Daisies (5- 6-year-olds), which is the youngest group of the Girl Scout organization. Our meeting starts on Friday. My first meeting for them is dealing with self-love and self-esteem. I ama excited about that! Happy September everyone. I had to listen to Earth, Wind, and Fire’s “September”, while sprucing up the deck today.

GardenQueen30-Great job on the weight loss!

quolwy-I have been changing my spending habits too. This means less eating out, not as many Starbucks, Target, Hobby Lobby, At Home ,and Bath and Body runs. It is a mind twister getting myself back to living within my means. I used to have credit card debt. So being frugral is crucial.

What is a RMT license?

Back2here-I believe you can make your Onderland goa! Good luck!

GardenQueen30-You are a badass for taking the class. I am proud of you. Most people won't challenge themselves like that. Please pat yourself on the shoulder and tell yourself," Good job! I am getting it done. " It gets better over time.

girlinkaz744-I love your positive attitude! Attempting the balancing act is not for the meek. You'll eventually find your groove. Go for your best self! I will root you on!

• jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer - 53 years
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 207.8
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    Loss since 4/24/24 - 28.4 Pounds
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in:
    9/2 - 207.8
    9/9 -
    9/16 -
    9/23 -
    9/30 -
    September loss:

September events - A family wedding this weekend, my hubby's birthday and a concert. I will do my best to stay on track, but I will have wedding and birthday cake. Everything in moderation, right?

September Goals:
    - Hit 30 pounds that I let go. (35 Would be even better, but I am limiting my scale expectations since
    August was a struggle.)
    - Continue with the workouts and water.
    - Wear my CPAP nightly.
    - Not have laser vision when it comes to the scale. I measured myself this past weekend (I still don't
    have the courage to do photos.) I cannot wait to see what the tape shows at the end of the month.
    - Increase my daily average steps. We are going to Disney in November, so I need to work on this.

I had to go to the orthopedic walk-in clinic yesterday. I've been experiencing swelling in my left knee. I am not surprised by this since I have had 3 surgeries on this knee (last one in 2018). They drained about 20cc of fluid and gave a steroid shot in the knee. It was painful last night but 80% better today. I am working to find alternative leg exercises since lunges and step ups are off the table. I may still be able to do the squats with body weight only using a bench. I will discuss this will my trainer tomorrow. (Tomorrow is upper body.)

Wishing everyone a Successful September!

253ygse1mjx5.png

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,321 Member
    edited September 3
    Keri
    Thanks @RavenStCloud for this September thread!
    71 years old

Challenge Starting Weight: 260, Pre-retirement weight 262
    Challenge Aug starting weight: 254.8
    UGW: 167 (healthy weight for a senior woman my height)
    5'6" Tall

I do check-ins when I lose:
    8/1: 254.8
    8/28: 252.2 I met my August goal to be in the low 250s
    9/3: 254 I am just doing my usual weight variation.
    Weight loss since retiring 10 lbs.

🍁Fall is here! The weather is changing and so are we! Lots of exciting events and holidays are coming up. Which are you most looking forward to and, conversely, are there any that you're worried about?

I am worried about Halloween. I have been good about candy lately. But it is hard for me to resist. I am looking forward to setting up more of a permanent healthy retirement routine after finishing Outlive.

🍁How did summer treat you? And what are your goals for September? We've got some time before the end of the year; what would you like to accomplish before then?

This summer I retired and put my health and fitness as my primary focus. I made progress. I lost 10 lbs and I went to increasing my exercise from 1 day a week of 50 minutes of aquafit to adding 5 additional days a week of exercise with 30 minutes being my minimum. Sunday I walked for 120 minutes with small rests. It was only 2 miles though. I want to be able to go all around Greenlake (almost 3 miles with a stop for a rest on the way).
    September Goals:
    • September GW: Get into the 240s
    • Keep my water intake up
    • Keep getting 7+ hours of sleep Try for 8 hours as a minimum
    • Meal plan and cook 3+ dinners (my husband and youngest will cook some dinners too)
    • Eat healthy breakfasts (only 1 day a week at a café with Latte etc.)Work up to that being a café
    that I can walk to and back. (1+ mile and back)
    • 30 minutes of exercise 5-6 days a week plus1 day of aquafit (50-55 miutes), 1 day of weight training, 4 days of walking increasing lengths of time on a few of those days)
    • Up NEAT (non exercise activity) daily such as cooking and cleaning etc.
    • Finish reading Outlive and decide how to address the information I read into my plan for my health.

I have been looking ahead. During the pandemic I lost 20 lbs. I should be able to get that far before the end of the year. During the economic down turn I got down to 220 lbs (40 lbs lost). I should be able to reach that goal by my birthday next year in March. I should be able to get into Onderland later (Summer) next year. Fall 2025's weight loss goal will be to get under 200 and maintain until the 200's are a thing of my past. Then I will begin a push towards my ultimate goal weight. If I also continue to exercise and eat healthy during this time I should be achieving my goal of improving my health and fitness from now on.
  • quolwy
    quolwy-I have been changing my spending habits too. This means less eating out, not as many Starbucks, Target, Hobby Lobby, At Home ,and Bath and Body runs. It is a mind twister getting myself back to living within my means. I used to have credit card debt. So being frugral is crucial.

What is a RMT license?

Registered Massage Therapy :)
    Where I live massage therapy is a regulated health care profession, similar to physiotherapy, and I've recently taken my licensing exams and now am in the dreaded 6-8 week wait for my results. And that's after doing 2yrs of full time 40+hrs/week, and not being able to work through it... so I'm a little broke 😂

Still optimistic regarding health and fitness though! Now that I have time to focus on myself!
  • KeriA
    Keri
    71 years old

5'6" Tall

9/5: 253.2
  • KeriA
    Keri
    71 years old

5'6" Tall

9/5: 253.2
    9/6: 252.2 back down to my low and ready to go for my goal.

• nebslp
    nebslp Posts: 1,651 Member
    Rita
    73 years old

Highest average: November 2022 - 238.2
    Current average (August 2024) 231.9
    September average goal: 225.9
    Current weight: about 230

I’m loving the cooler temps we’ve had recently. Lots of ups and downs this time of year so I really enjoy being able to open up the windows overnight. I’m looking forward to visiting my daughter in Texas at the end of October. I’m making a Spookie Shelfie quilt for her and it’s been so much fun so far! She loves Halloween and books so it’s a perfect combination.

I have 2 granddaughters who play high school softball so that = lots of time on the road and sitting on bleachers. I L❤️ve it! After game hugs are the best!

We’re planning a trip to Canada next summer and I need to work on improving my cardiovascular fitness. I’ve been very lazy when it comes to that and I can feel a difference. I am working on posture/ shoulders and have developed a habit of not leaving my bedroom in the morning until I’ve done some work on that. Having that routine and doing it consistent does wonders for my mental state.

Let’s enjoy this new season and renew ourselves with hope and excitement to find out what we’re capable of when we work individually together!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    edited September 7
    I haven't posted on the 200+ thread in a few weeks. I had some slip ups, so my weight loss has stalled. I guess it's a victory that I didn't gain. Now I'm back on the horse. My short-term goal is to lose 5 pounds before I leave for my mini–Palm Springs vacation on October 11th. It's do-able if I don't start going on the candy. I believe now that I can't just have one small piece of chocolate, or any sugar-y foods. Too much of a trigger. I asked my husband to hide all his candy and snacks.

Long term goal is to be 170 by New Year's Day. Ultimate goal: 120 by New Year's 2026.

What am I looking forward to this Fall? Cooler weather. It's been triple degrees all week here; yesterday was 112F.
  • quolwy

- Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Gym 3x/week (Keep only managing 2x/week)
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date

SEPTEMBER:
    1st: 206.6 lbs
    2nd: 207 lbs
    3nd: 205 lbs (New Low!)
    4th: 205.6 lbs
    5th: 206.6 lbs
    6th: 207.2 lbs
    7th: 208.4 lbs (the peak of my gain after a VERY intense workout on the 3rd)
    8th: 207.8 lbs (I believe now it will drop daily, unless I have another crazy day in the gym)

Non weight Successes:
    - Volunteering at a Fringe Festival, a creative way for me to see performances without having to spend money (that I don't have)
    - Accidentally missed lunch on the 2nd, paid for it on the 3rd (dizzy, etc at the gym) and made sure to not miss any more since
    - Not sweating the little fluctuations, getting excited about some of my progress photos that I've taken, compared to where I started

• mmatcha_latte
    mmatcha_latte Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 8
    Name: Melissa
    5' 8", 39 yrs old
    SW: 263.4 lbs (Nov 1 2023)
    CW: 189.2 lbs
    Sept GW: 185 lbs

I need to get back in the habit of posting here and weighing in weekly! I slacked off a bit in August but with the holidays coming up soon I really want to get back in the mental mode of keeping my health high priority.

Now that the weather is cooling off here, I'm really looking forward to spending more time outside and getting exercise by walking in the mornings again.

Cooler weather also means soup season and I looove a good, hearty soup packed with veggies and spices. I'm thinking about making lentil soup soon!

I'm wild for anything and everything pumpkin spice and there are a lot of temptations around already lol. I got some pumpkin spice black tea bags at aldi to make my own lower cal drinks with splenda and almondmilk but I'm trying to think of other healthier ways to enjoy fall treats too, if anyone has ideas!
  • lisakatz2
    lisakatz2 Posts: 499 Member
    I love pumpkin pie. It actually is one of the healthiest pies you can eat because pumpkin is loaded with vitamin A. There are many lower calorie versions out there, especially crustless versions. Google around and I'm sure you'll find one you like!
  • jenbroussard71
    jenbroussard71 Posts: 264 Member
    Jennifer - 53 years
    Re-started 4/24/24 - 236.2
    CW: 205.8
    GW: 165 (may adjust when I get there)
    Loss since 4/24/24 - 30.4 Pounds
    5'3" Tall

Monday weigh in:
    9/2 - 207.8
    9/9 - 205.8
    9/16 -
    9/23 -
    9/30 -
    September loss - 2

September Goals:
    - Hit 30 pounds that I let go. Goal met! The scale is finally moving again, new goal 35 lbs.
    - Continue with the workouts and water.
    - Wear my CPAP nightly.
    - Not have laser vision when it comes to the scale. I measured myself this past weekend (I still don't
    have the courage to do photos.) I cannot wait to see what the tape shows at the end of the month.
    - Increase my daily average steps. We are going to Disney in November, so I need to work on this.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 10
    Hello! I used to be in this forum all the time and then life happened. I'm hoping joining back and getting support will help me be successful. Fingers crossed. I'm tired of starting over. My current struggle is finding the motivation to exercise. I'm hoping to make that a goal this month. I'm also considering starting 75 Soft just to give myself a challenge--the tricky part is the amount of exercise it requires. I'm not sure I'd meet the goal, but I thought it'd be worth trying.

September SW (9/10): 283

September Goals:
    1. Workout 2-3x per week
    2. Drink 60oz of water
    3. Reduce eating out
    4. Cook more at home

I'm looking forward to joining this supportive bunch! It's only Tuesday, so I'm telling myself I still have time to get a workout in this week. I'm going either tonight or tomorrow! Hope everyone is having a good week :smile:
  • quolwy

- Work 4 days/week ✔
    - Walk 10k steps minimum 3x/week ✔
    - Gym 3x/week (Keep only managing 2x/week)
    - Treat myself once/week with a self date ✔

SEPTEMBER:
    1st: 206.6 lbs
    2nd: 207 lbs
    3nd: 205 lbs
    4th: 205.6 lbs
    5th: 206.6 lbs
    6th: 207.2 lbs
    7th: 208.4 lbs
    8th: 207.8 lbs
    9th: 206.4 lbs
    10th: 206.4 lbs
    11th: 203.4 lbs (New low!)

Non weight Successes:
    - Even though the nights are getting longer, and the weather is cooling off, I still pushed myself to go to the gym today!
    - Started getting paid to playtest phone games and have been cashing it out as Starbucks gift cards, so now whenever I'm able to test I'm rewarded with a fancy coffee! It's the only way I can afford it at the moment, so it's been nice 😀

More recently with the weather changes (and my life getting busier again) I've noticed myself with more thoughts of just throwing away my progress and all the healthy changes I've made to go back into my comfy gremlin bubble, eating whatever I want whenever I want and in excess. I think part of that is probably seasonal, as I always seem to be really motivated to be active once the weather heats up, and my personal struggle will be to maintain my active lifestyle during the fall and winter. But I think another factor could be that I've been a bit lazy recently regarding my gym goals. My work schedule changed, and I decided to volunteer at the local Fringe Festival, so my days are looking much different than they were from June->August, and I don't think I've been adequately prioritizing my self care yet this month. I had 4 weeks in a row of only exercising 2x/week rather than 3x/week, which of COURSE is better than nothing, but that kind of thinking has lead me to some complacency regarding the gym, so I think I need to be a bit stricter in making sure I go. This weeks schedule isn't great, so I'm not sure if I can manage 3x, but I'll try! Having more time at the gym gives me those endorphins that remind me why I'm changing my habits, whereas when I stay at home I get those endorphins from having 5 cookies for lunch, or ice cream for dinner (delicious, but not the most nutritious, and not what my definition of "moderation" is). I guess I'm just venting my thoughts to help me take a bit more accountability. AND, also a win, because despite having a sharp increase of this kind of thinking over the last 2-3 weeks, I haven't given in. I also haven't been depriving myself. I've been trying to use the logic side of my brain, to remember that eating 1 slice of pumpkin loaf isn't going to put me over the edge from calorie deficit into calorie surplus. And I CAN have a cookie and not need to have 5 "just because". My sweet tooth is a real monster, and while I love her she's definitely making it tougher for me lately 😂 and I think honestly my saving grace as the moment is being too poor to afford all the junk that I want! Because I need to spend my money on healthy nutritious things first, and then IF I have money left over I can indulge in a McDonald's sundae (definitely worth it btw). Anyways, enough of my rambling! Just a long winded way of saying I'm fighting the food noise battle, while also toeing the line to make sure I'm not being deprived, and my results are CLEARLY showing that so far I've been doing it right! Might take a couple more months of results though before I actually believe it 😂