Activity feed posts disappeared?

It seems that my activity feed posts have disappeared.

It wasn’t a very active spot, but I sure do hope that the little bit that was there hasn’t been zapped for some reason.

Anyone else have this happen?

Best Answer

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,468 MFP Staff
    Answer ✓
    Hi all, wanted to confirm that as of now we have extended Activity Feed posts to be active for 90 days, extended from the previous 60 day window.

Answers

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,770 Member
    The newsfeed has been entirely dropped as an MFP feature. (There's still something called the "Activity Feed" inside the Community forum part of MFP, but it isn't remotely the same thing.)
  • lshipley1
    lshipley1 Posts: 36 Member
    That sucks it's been dropped. I enjoyed the support we gave each other
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,262 Member
    edited August 25
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    The newsfeed has been entirely dropped as an MFP feature. (There's still something called the "Activity Feed" inside the Community forum part of MFP, but it isn't remotely the same thing.)

@AnnPT77 - in the OP, she is asking about the 'Activity Feed' and posts from people to her have gone missing.

I had posted on her activity feed when it was newly announced. My post is no longer there.
  • AnnPT77
    edited August 25

Oops, sorry @MargaretYakoda, it didn't register with me that you were the OP, or I would've realized you knew what the activity feed was. Apologies!

Some of my activity feed posts are still there, but not all of them, oddly. I'm not even sure that it's the oldest ones that have disappeared . . . maybe, though. I wonder if they have a limited lifespan.

FWIW, I just looked in my Community profile, and there are no settings that would seem to affect this, either.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,949 Member
    edited August 25

Oops, sorry @MargaretYakoda, it didn't register with me that you were the OP, or I would've realized you knew what the activity feed was. Apologies!

Some of my activity feed posts are still there, but not all of them, oddly. I'm not even sure that it's the oldest ones that have disappeared . . . maybe, though. I wonder if they have a limited lifespan.

FWIW, I just looked in my Community profile, and there are no settings that would seem to affect this, either.

Thanks. I do appreciate the information that some of your activity feed posts have disappeared too.

If the activity feed posts have an expiration date that would be good to know.
    And I also don’t see any settings or anything about it.

My original activity feed post was made long before the newsfeed issue started. It was well over a year old. And had a couple pictures from my Walk to Rivendell app. (Real app name Fantasy Hike)

And some limited discussions with others.

Yes I had a couple winges about the state of things. They’re all gone too.

There’s just a couple posts left.

A warning would have been appreciated.
    Or at least an explanation?

The activity feed was supposed to be the replacement for the newsfeed. If posts there are being removed without warning then it is an even less useful tool than I had assumed it was.

Keeping in mind that I am a paid user here…. I really would like an explanation.

• AnnPT77
    I can't find anything in the Help section that says anything about Activity Feed posts expiring, though it's always possible that I've overlooked something.

@Nova, since you were the one who's posted the most announcement-type info about the Activity Feed, can you shed any light on whether/when Activity Feed posts expire, or if they're not supposed to expire, why they might disappear?

Thanks!
  • christinaleigh44
    christinaleigh44 Posts: 29 Member
    Do you mean where it shows your exercises? If you are within calories? Etc. mine has disappeared and I’m so annoyed!
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,723 Member
    edited August 27
    Do you mean where it shows your exercises? If you are within calories? Etc. mine has disappeared and I’m so annoyed!

We're not talking about the newsfeed in this thread (that feature has gone permanently), we're talking about the (supposed) replacement called the activity feed.

@MargaretYakoda I've checked and I also have fewer posts than there were before, only the most recent one remains.
  • durden
    Hey all, i'm taking a look into this- I don't believe there is an "expiration" for Activity Feed posts but i'm hoping to get a straight answer from our forum provider one way or another.

Otherwise, the only other cause I could see is that one of you (either the poster of the comment or the owner of the feed) clicked the "x" button to delete it, either on purpose or on accident and forgot/didn't notice.
  • AnnPT77
    edited August 27
    durden wrote: »
    Hey all, i'm taking a look into this- I don't believe there is an "expiration" for Activity Feed posts but i'm hoping to get a straight answer from our forum provider one way or another.

Otherwise, the only other cause I could see is that one of you (either the poster of the comment or the owner of the feed) clicked the "x" button to delete it, either on purpose or on accident and forgot/didn't notice.

Thank you for looking into this, @Durden!

It seems very unlikely that each of us has done that without noticing, with multiples noticing the same general type of disappearance?

I'm fully capable of doing things by accident, or forgetting, but I can't think of any reason I would've deliberately deleted the posts that are missing. I was actually pretty amused by one from someone who didn't like it that I dared to comment on her thread and disagree with her: I would've saved that one on purpose. :D

I also exchanged some back and forth with @mtaratoot, on both our activity feeds, and there were photos. Both sides of that are gone. Of course I can't speak for whether he might have deleted his activity feed items intentionally.
  • Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,262 Member

@durden - as a user, i don't see a delete button, nor an edit button when i leave a message on an activity feed for someone (such as the message i left for @MargaretYakoda the other day.

• durden
    edited August 27
    @AnnPT77 Totally heard- I figured that was an unlikely scenario, but figured it was worth mentioning all the same.

@Adventurista Interesting; when we were testing this prior to release we had the ability to do that. Or perhaps i'm misremembering. In any case, as long as the owner of the feed is able to delete things that doesn't feel problematic to me.
  • MargaretYakoda

Thanks for the response.

I definitely have not intentionally deleted any of my activity feed posts.

I had about a dozen, some of which had a short discussion under them. And the oldest well over a year old, before the change. It would have taken a noticeable amount of time and effort to delete all of them.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,961 Member
    edited August 28

It seems very unlikely that each of us has done that without noticing, with multiples noticing the same general type of disappearance?

I'm fully capable of doing things by accident, or forgetting, but I can't think of any reason I would've deliberately deleted the posts that are missing. I was actually pretty amused by one from someone who didn't like it that I dared to comment on her thread and disagree with her: I would've saved that one on purpose. :D

I also exchanged some back and forth with @mtaratoot, on both our activity feeds, and there were photos. Both sides of that are gone. Of course I can't speak for whether he might have deleted his activity feed items intentionally.

I remember when we tried it out to see if it would work. I did not delete it. Maybe I'll go check my feed... if I can remember how.... and see if I find it. Maybe not?
  • MargaretYakoda
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I remember when we tried it out to see if it would work. I did not delete it. Maybe I'll go check my feed... if I can remember how.... and see if I find it. Maybe not?

Currently I don’t see any posts or comments on your activity feed.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,961 Member
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Then if there was one there (and I do think I put something up), it has been removed by someone other than me.

Currently I don’t see any posts or comments on your activity feed.

• KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 959 Member
    My posts are still intact on mine, but they are really easy to accidentally remove. Tap the x and it's gone. Confirmation would be nice.

As a visitor you cannot remove or edit your posts/comments. I don't like that. You have to flag/report it for MFP to remove.
  • MargaretYakoda
    My posts are still intact on mine, but they are really easy to accidentally remove. Tap the x and it's gone. Confirmation would be nice.

As a visitor you cannot remove or edit your posts/comments. I don't like that. You have to flag/report it for MFP to remove.

I had a lot of posts. There’s no way I could have accidentally deleted all of them.
  • MargaretYakoda

Any update yet?
  • durden

Any update yet?

Not yet. I'll reach out the second I have more information, but at the moment I am getting the impression that this is a bug, or at least not intentional.