Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Is there a currently active group for obese seniors with disability/mobility issues?

Hello everyone. I am a 73 year-old woman from Winnipeg, Manitoba. I struggle with chronic muscle and joint pain related to degenerative disc disease and arthritis. Weighing in at over 260 pounds, I know that losing weight will help, but many factors of my daily life make this difficult. I need group support from people who live with and understand these issues. When I searched groups, I found a few that might have been helpful, but none of them are currently active. If you live in my boat, let's support each other!

Answers

• Adventurista
    Adventurista Posts: 1,369 Member
    Hi, check out this group -

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/141248-disability-chronic-illness-fitness-and-weight-management-we-are-here-we-can-do-this

There are a lot of people who understand, dealing with same/similar issues on the chat boards, in various groups and challenges (see challenge forum for current advertised challenge groups.)

I think, pretty much everyone welcome around here, so don't be shy, check out the discussions & challenges/groups, and hopefully you'll find peeps to share support soonest. :)

Fyi... @MargaretYakoda
  • HealthierGranny68
    HealthierGranny68 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I am a 68 year old senior. I have been struggling with my weight for several years. I have good intensions,but they get no where. I am 5’3” tall and weigh 218 pounds. I used to be very active, but after that terrible Covid virus started , ever how many years ago it was, I gave up on everything due to being home most of the time. I tell myself every day ,”I’m going to do better tomorrow. Well, tomorrow never comes. I definitely need motivation and encouragement.

This is actually not the first time I have used MFP. I really enjoyed MFP, especially when we could comment on each others ups and downs daily. They took that away and many of my friends left due to this. I’m the type of person that needs encouragement. 🙂