Blank pages at end of multi-page threads

Many multi-page threads have suddenly (within the last 48 hours) added page after page of blank content at the end. For example, if I open the "Questions Only" thread, the last response is on page 5088, but the hyperlink to "most recent response" jumps to page 5164! Single-page threads do not seem to be affected.

Best Answers

Answers

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 1,028 Member
    I've been getting this too, both on the app and the website.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,773 Member
    Me, too. I've seen it on the big NSV and Photo-only Success Stories threads when I click on a notification. If I use the page number links to go back a page or few, the new post is there.
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,845 Member
    This is not the first time this has happened. It suggests that the software team has dropped the ball when it comes to testing their changes.
    MFP, you need to report this to Vanilla Forums, and tell them to get their act together.
    (if you want people to support you with Premium membership, you need to do better.)
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    This is happening to me too on Questions only thread and 3 word story thread.
    Makes no difference if I open via notifications or click into the thread in its category.
    Computer or tablet.
    All I get are blank pages.

I can click in to other threads with no issue.

Weird and annoying.
  • AdahPotatah2024
    AdahPotatah2024 Posts: 1,975 Member
    I just saved a few on my favorites so my morning routine isn't disrupted!🤓
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 31,114 Member
    I've seen this happen on a few discussions in the past month or so, but now it seems to be happening on most discussion threads. Very annoying.

I'll not be posting anything more until it gets fixed.

I'm actually a bit shocked this thread is okay, but it only started yesterday. Maybe a larger number of posts is what triggers the bug.
  • AnnPT77
    @Durden, maybe I'm overlooking it, but I don't see anything about this in the Troubleshooting section of the Help page. Is there are "Known Issues with Vanilla Forums", or similar, or do you have any information about this?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,724 Member
    edited September 12
    s1im62 wrote: »
    I've seen this happen on a few discussions in the past month or so, but now it seems to be happening on most discussion threads. Very annoying.

I'll not be posting anything more until it gets fixed.

I'm actually a bit shocked this thread is okay, but it only started yesterday. Maybe a larger number of posts is what triggers the bug.

But it's not doing it in the wholesome meme thread. At least it wasn't last time I was in there.

But it's like in 80 page threads and 3000....

I strickly use the desktop version of mfp.

(I just checked. It's doing it. I LOVE THAT THREAD!!!!!)
  • AnnPT77
    So far, if I go back around 3 pages (using the page number links), the expected post is there. Obviously, this is Not Good, but it's also not IMO a huge barrier to participating.

I wonder whether this is somehow linked to the other problem some have reported (and I've experienced) where when one clicks on a notification, the resulting page shows earlier posts in the same thread, rather than the post actually represented by the notification link. (I'm wondering that because they're both "click on a notification, link to someplace incorrect" things within the Vanilla Forum (Community) application.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    problem is still continuing.

I presume it isnt continuing for everyone or not everyone on same threads as my notificaions still says x new posts - but I cant read them, page is just blank
  • Nova
    Nova Posts: 10,251 MFP Staff
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    @Durden, maybe I'm overlooking it, but I don't see anything about this in the Troubleshooting section of the Help page. Is there are "Known Issues with Vanilla Forums", or similar, or do you have any information about this?

We don't have a Vanilla known issues page, but we will try to keep these discussions updated as we get updates.
  • AnnPT77
    Nova wrote: »
    Hi all, I got an update from the team at Vanilla...

This bug has been escalated to the dev team and they are looking into it's cause and developing a fix. This likely won't be fixed here on our forums until mid-October, but they'll let us know if they can get it to us sooner.

Just hang in there for now, and so sorry about the bug until then!! I'll update you all here with any new info I get from their team.

Thank you, @Nova!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 10,938 Member

I presume it isnt continuing for everyone or not everyone on same threads as my notificaions still says x new posts - but I cant read them, page is just blank

@paperpudding you just have to have the patience to locate the correct last page by systematically clicking on previous pages, initially 10 pages back at a time, then when you find a page with posts you can go forward again one page at a time until you find the true last page.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,325 Member
    nossmf wrote: »

@paperpudding you just have to have the patience to locate the correct last page by systematically clicking on previous pages, initially 10 pages back at a time, then when you find a page with posts you can go forward again one page at a time until you find the true last page.

Oh, H-e-double-hockey-sticks, No.

Nossmf, you got too much time on your hands!!
  • s1im62
    s1im62 Posts: 31,114 Member
    Thanks @nossmf for the info.

I had been assuming recent posts just weren't showing up at all.
  • deckerp
    deckerp Posts: 4,385 Member
    On this topic https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/102535/rock-n-roll-arithmetic#latest it shows 418 pages of posts, but pages 412 through 418 are blank. The latest posts are on page 411.

Can that be fixed please?