October 10 lb Bootcamp Challenge

Options

Replies

• JWoodyard07
    JWoodyard07 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    so excited and this time, I will get into the mini challenges. While I did them last month, I did not do a good job of posting my results:(
  • armymil
    armymil Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump. For my record
  • MyChance2011
    MyChance2011 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tisch1985
    Tisch1985 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a bit disapointed last month so i'm going try harder this month!!
  • aodove1
    Options
    YAY! I just signed up. Very excited to get started!
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    bump for later
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I keep talking big game, but I never actually get anything done! Here goes another attempt...and this time, a victory!!!
  • atd81
    atd81 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hope it's okay I put my name on the spreadsheet. I'd love to be a part of this! :)
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Putting my name down, so exciting :wink:
  • Saffyra
    Saffyra Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I probably wont lose ten pounds but that doesnt mean I can't try!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    I probably wont lose ten pounds but that doesnt mean I can't try!

Love this! To be honest, most people DON'T reach 10 lbs, but it's a great motivational tool and a HUGE boost when some of them actually DO hit 10 lbs! Thanks for joining the challenge!
  • ACowboyKid
    Options
    So I've been doing some research on actual military basic training - be prepared for lots of push-ups, sit-ups, and some running... :devil:

Don't forget burpees!

All sound like fun. I'm sure my body will be hating me haha.
  • Athena413
    Options
    You ready for this?!?!

Rules:
    Weigh in every Friday (or whatever day you normally weigh in - and just post by Friday) on the spreadsheet
    If you don't log a starting weight by 10/7, you will be deleted from the spreadsheet
    If you don't log an updated weight for 2 weeks in a row, you will be deleted from the spreadsheet
    No negative comments

Mini-Challenge for Week 1:
    >As always - 64oz water/day - just DO it!
    >360 push-ups...with a twist...this is only 60/day, but I want you to do it in 15 minutes...yes, that's all...60 push-ups in 15 minutes...4 per minute. I got this idea from a guy in spin class - he said they would do 1, 3, or 5 push-ups every minute for an hour and that it ended up being a KILLER ab workout. We might work up to that, but for now I just want you to do 4 per minute for 15 minutes. If you can't do a real push-up and need to be on your knees, that's fine, just do them somehow. (great for commercial breaks!!)
    >3 mile run - not necessarily all at once - divide it up however you like, but by the end of next Thursday, I want you to have ran 3 miles. If you can do it all in one shot - more power to you - if you have to walk it because you can't run - that's fine - just get in 3 miles on your feet.

Not so bad, huh? Well - we still have 3 more weeks for me to add to it... :devil:

Best of luck to everyone!!! :drinker:
  • zumbawhit
    zumbawhit Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Push-ups... Do those already. Running... I love, but my foot doesn't. Better keep the ice pack and insurance card handy! LOL!!!
  • Jessica68
    Jessica68 Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    I'm in and ready for the challenge! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Athena413
    Options
    Push-ups... Do those already. Running... I love, but my foot doesn't. Better keep the ice pack and insurance card handy! LOL!!!

Don't hurt yourself! You probably run more than 3 miles in a week chasing after all those kiddos, though!!
  • Athena413
    Options
    Just FYI - mini-challenges are NOT required! If you already have a particular exercise schedule that's working for you and you don't think you can squeeze in the mini-challenges, don't. I would much rather have you participate and be successful than to try and get all of the mini-challenges completed and end up injuring yourself.

The main goal is to do what you have to do for you!
  • keilidh
    keilidh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would like to join! This will be my first challenge!
  • cmjsarmywife
    Options
    I'm excited! This is my first challenge, and being an Army wife, I am familiar with all the PT exercises my hubby does. I have my first 5K next weekend, so I will definitely get my 3 miles in! :)
  • jazziesaj11
    jazziesaj11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yayz!!! :D Thanks for doing this again jrdoty! :D I lost over 8lbs in September and I know that this challenge was a huge motivation for me! :) This time I really really want to hit that 10lb goal, so I'm going to try my very best this month... haha, maybe I can wear a sexy costume just in time for Halloween! XD I'm thinking pirate this year. o.O"" Anywho.... Weighing in at 167.8! :D Thanks again! :flowerforyou: