How can I get my chocolate hit without consuming loads of ca

Options
1235»

Replies

• gwt1
    gwt1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Peppermint Pattie - small is 50 calories, large is 140 - the mint signals the end of eating for me. I certainly don't want to follow it with anything other than water.
  • Hollie55
    Hollie55 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I buy the big blockes of Whittakers dark ghana peppermint & i have it in small serves in the freezer. I find the dark choc satisfies my craving & as it is frozen it takes a bit longer to eat too.
  • GenerationD05
    Options
    This link is something I have saved from someone that's following me on my tumblr blog. I can't wait to try it =]

http://lovemeimpretty.tumblr.com/post/8198774399/delicatelyslim-amaproglog-40-cal-per
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Dove dark chocolate promises (squares). 42 calories a pop. Once you make the switch to dark chocolate, milk chocolate will taste like cheap half-arsed crap. Dark is INFINITELY more satisfying than milk chocolate where the Pringles slogan applies.

HERE'S THE KICKER THOUGH: I freeze the whole bag of Dove. When I have a piece, I just suck on it like hard candy. It takes awhile to get up to melting temperature and as long as you refrain from chewing it, 1-2 pieces that way will STOP a chocolate craving right in it's tracks!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Oh and M&M's!! (They now have dark chocolate ones too!)
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I recently discovered "Adora" calcium supplement (comes in milk or dark chocolate - dark is best).

Only 30 calories per piece, has 500 mg calcium, with some Vitamin D3 and Magnesium, too.

Gluten free, no corn syrup, no trans fats.

Sugar is the second ingredient listed, so I still consider this in the "candy bar" category, but it tastes very good, has some healthy things in it and it tastes good enough to satisfy the chocolate craving after dinner.

Enjoy!
  • katloaf
    katloaf Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree with the Skinny Cow love.

If I need real chocolate though, I always freeze it as it seems to last longer in the mouth. Plus the kids can't find it. Double win for me.
  • roseheart79
    roseheart79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I recently found a very yummy chocolate satisying treat, called "Cocoa Goodness":heart: , is a dark chocolate granola snack. 120 calaories for a 1/4 cup. Is perfect for my mid day snack or even the morning craving!:smile:
  • ajb524
    ajb524 Posts: 1
    Options
    Vitamuffins! The chocolate one's taste like a yummy piece of chocolate cake. I keep them frozen and then heat in the microwave 20-30 seconds and it's heavenly :)
  • BrindaP
    BrindaP Posts: 9
    Options
    I like those Warm Delights Mini Molten Chocolate Cakes. They are only 150 cals and fulfill my cravings.
    I also like nutella and the suggested glass of chocolate milk. Sometimes I will have a Jr. Frosty :)
  • Suziq2you
    Suziq2you Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Quaker chocolate rice cakes with a dollop of peanut butter on top. Yum!
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I don't know if anyone has put this because I didn't have time to read through all the posts, but Cadbury do a low fat chocolate mousse which is only 60 cals and is so rich it's like eating the real thing. I also find nibbling a small bar, like out of celebrations, and letting it melt rather than chew, helps with my fix

Hope you find something satisfying.
  • Libby81
    Libby81 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    may sound weird but I recently tried nutella its amazing I put it on a whole grain thin sliced bagel it is amazing

Nutella is delish!

I just bought my first jar of Nutella a few weeks ago. It tastes very similar to the Ferrero Rocher chocolates (same company makes both products). Actually, I wonder if that chocolate filling in there is Nutella.

I like to spread half a serving (100 calories) on a whole grain waffle (75 calories). So its about 175 calories and a pretty decent size snack.

I do the same thing with natural peanut butter sometimes too.

If you make rice crispy cakes with nutella it doesn't taste a million miles off Ferrero Rocher at all, just minus the nut, but you could add that in too I suppose
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    100 calorie packs...Oreo Dipped delight bars...

AMAZING!!!
  • mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Chocolate cheerios are WONDERFUL!!!!!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Tootsie Rolls!
  • paragoneffect
    paragoneffect Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate every day, but my favorite quick and cheap fix is:

Everyday Chocolate Shake
    1/2 cup almond milk, unsweetened
    1 tablespoon Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder
    1 tablespoon Trader Joe's peanut butter
    1 frozen banana
    ice
    ----
    167 calories, but most of them are from the banana and you're getting a fruit, dairy and protein!

I blend that all together in my Magic Bullet and it handles my chocolate AND ice cream cravings. Other favorites: VitaTops "Deep Chocolate" muffins and raw chocolate brownies: http://www.greensmoothie.com/blend/choc.php