Stat-at-home moms 3/16-3/22

Options

Replies

• writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Kathy -

http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/recipe_analysis.php

Recipe nutriton analyzer = calories for all the stuff you guess. :bigsmile: HTH!

My husband brought me a giant thing of ice cream from Cold Stone last night b/c I had a "bad day". :grumble: It must be in the air.

I'll BBL to check in more detail-like.

Thanks for the web address! I scoured the Internet earlier today looking for something like this but didn't find it! That is a great help!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    kathy--a recent redbook or parenting magazine had references for reputable at-home work companies. i can em the list--assorted kinds of work. now, whether they are hiring or not is an entirely separate matter. also, i noticed that with the transcription companies, they required that you already have certain eqpt on hand.
    and you are oh so brave to make the cookies. even in the freezer, i'd eat them. i don't smoke, have a glass of wine maybe 3x/year, don't do illegal drugs, don't drink coffee--but cookies. Definitely a cookie addict (it is a daily struggle to not eat one). But I am stronger than the cookies! Anyway, yours sounded yummy and good for you for getting them outasight. :laugh:

well, i'm coming up on my after-school challenge time. since i know this is a hard time of day for me and i know why, i'm brainstorming ways to beat it. (i'm tired and anxious and the noise/chaos vibe escalates substantially)
    since i want to eat anyway, trying for healthier snacks.
    So solutions--eat apple and pnut butter, carrots and p.b., weight control oatmeal, banana, popcorn and yogurt
    Go to the park and when it's even hotter, go for the water part at the park (did i mention i don't like living in the vegas oven with the "bacon" sun:tongue: )
    Have a craft or project or game ready to go when we get in
    (i've tried eating my whole dinner earlier like at 4, but then i'm just hungry again by 8:30)

Obviously, what i've done before hasn't worked cuz here i am with pounds to lose. So, I figure I have to change the pattern entirely to stop the habit.

any of your suggestions would be great! i know as mommies we face some different challenges than singles or non-parents, so i figured asking you girls was my best bet.
    will check in later. thanks all!--:heart:
  • writer4him
    writer4him Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    kathy--a recent redbook or parenting magazine had references for reputable at-home work companies. i can em the list--assorted kinds of work. now, whether they are hiring or not is an entirely separate matter. also, i noticed that with the transcription companies, they required that you already have certain eqpt on hand.
    and you are oh so brave to make the cookies. even in the freezer, i'd eat them. i don't smoke, have a glass of wine maybe 3x/year, don't do illegal drugs, don't drink coffee--but cookies. Definitely a cookie addict (it is a daily struggle to not eat one). But I am stronger than the cookies! Anyway, yours sounded yummy and good for you for getting them outasight. :laugh:

well, i'm coming up on my after-school challenge time. since i know this is a hard time of day for me and i know why, i'm brainstorming ways to beat it. (i'm tired and anxious and the noise/chaos vibe escalates substantially)
    since i want to eat anyway, trying for healthier snacks.
    So solutions--eat apple and pnut butter, carrots and p.b., weight control oatmeal, banana, popcorn and yogurt
    Go to the park and when it's even hotter, go for the water part at the park (did i mention i don't like living in the vegas oven with the "bacon" sun:tongue: )
    Have a craft or project or game ready to go when we get in
    (i've tried eating my whole dinner earlier like at 4, but then i'm just hungry again by 8:30)

Obviously, what i've done before hasn't worked cuz here i am with pounds to lose. So, I figure I have to change the pattern entirely to stop the habit.

any of your suggestions would be great! i know as mommies we face some different challenges than singles or non-parents, so i figured asking you girls was my best bet.
    will check in later. thanks all!--:heart:

Stacy,

I would love it if you would e-mail me the list. I will try to figure out a way to PM you with my e-mail.

And...ok, I have to confess...I just ate two more of those cookies! Bad, bad me! I am a cookie monster also. What was I thinking?? The bad part - my kids do not like these cookies and the recipe was big enough that the women from Bible study will never eat them all! I am going to have to stuff my husband full of them. Ha ha.

I am wishing for the heat of Vegas right now here in central NY where it can snow anytime from October-May!

I know how you feel about the after-school chaos. One thing I do to get me out of the kitchen...I try to pre-make as much of our dinner as possible before the kids get home from school, and have myself available to be with the kids and interact with them when they get home from school. This has reduced after school stress for me since I'm not trying to get dinner going and answer a million questions and help with homework at the same time, etc. And not having of that going on has helped me with the mad snacking that I would indulge in because of the stress, and also not being in the kitchen but focusing on doing things with the kids at that time helped also.
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Julie, but most people call me Jules. I have 2 boys Trey is 6 and Evan is 2. We live in Indiana, but soon will move to Ohio.

Sorry I haven't been on as much as I was before. Slowly thinking of getting back on the wagon. I want, but at the same time I am so addicted to my pop and junk. I did find a love laughing cow cheese (french onion) with my hint of salt Triscuits. So YUMMY!! I bought the garlic and herb one tonight and can't wait to try it tomorrow. It's been nice the last 2 days and its getting me in the mood to walk, but I see in the weather its going to get cooler again. I so hate Indiana weather. Well hope everyone is doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    glad to see you back :flowerforyou: sounds like things have settled down a bit in that you are for sure moving to ohio. i hope it will turn out to be a good change.

and you CAN do this--you've already lost 9 which is excellent. so we hope to see you around. :happy:
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    glad to see you back :flowerforyou: sounds like things have settled down a bit in that you are for sure moving to ohio. i hope it will turn out to be a good change.

and you CAN do this--you've already lost 9 which is excellent. so we hope to see you around. :happy:

I haven't gotten on the scale in like 2 weeks, so I could have gained it back. I just get so frustrated with myself. I am not as strong as I thought I was. I get so emotional and stressed about it all. I am terrified to move and just struggling with all kinds of emotions. I want to love myself no matter if I lose weight or not. I just want to be happy. The move things is really hard on me right now. I don't want to move from family and friends. Plus I found out my sister is prego and is due november 1st, which is a blessing because she miscarried a year ago last november. So it took over a year for her to get prego again. I am so sad that I would be there for her and its killing me. Sorry to get all crazy here. It's still nuts around here. So maybe I need to do this so I feel like I am in control over something, but heck who knows.

well I better quit rambling. :embarassed:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    :heart: Morning mommies! the kids are watching Annie while i pack up lunches. we're going on an outing today. There are only a few days left of #1's track break, so we're trying to check off her want-to-do's. So, i'll chekc in later to see how yall are. I hope your day is great!
  • abetterme
    abetterme Posts: 393
    Options
    Hi Mommies,

I am been MIA again sorry, things just so crazy around here. I have been making a point to work out everyday at 3:30, I have a gal from church that has been doing the WATP workouts with me and that has really helped keep me motivated. The kids have been good, they are going through there spells of being sick right now. Had the 10 yr old home yesterday from school he went back today, now the 3 year is starting to shoot up a fever and wimper and whine. The 4 year old is home today cause his thighs are hurting from having 4 shots yesterday, doing good now, wish I would of sent him to school. That dose of Motrin realy helped him. I am starting to get my eating under control so now hopfully the exercise I have been doing will start to show. Don't have much time to read everyones post, but hope everyone is doing well and hope all the kiddos are staying healthy.

{{HUGS}}
  • staceyw37
    Options
    :happy: abetterme--glad to hear you back around. and you sound good even with the sickies. so the watp--do you like it? is it really tame or intense? fun? do you do dvd or tapes? i'm asking all this b/c i've been looking into her stuff and would love another opinion. i'm happy for you that doing that with your friend has helped you stay focused on healthy living. :flowerforyou:
    so, welcome back
  • staceyw37
    Options
    the outing SUCKED. for a bazillion reasons. but at the core, i see that they're at an age where i cannot take the 3 of them together except to a park or the y. by myself that is. on the plus side, we didn't spend any money (just gas and time oh and a diet mtn dew for #1). and baby is now sleeping. so life isn't all bad. :laugh:
    oh well...here's to the rest of the day! :drinker: (that's a big tall glass of red wine, right?)
  • LosingIt4good
    LosingIt4good Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Hey moms!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. Havent been around this thread for a bit, but I am still hanging on... logging calories, working out. Started jogging at the gym a couple days a week in addition to what I was doing. Things have been a bit nuts here. Hubby to work in Florida a week ago and will be gone until April 16th. We may be moving there! In the mean time, the kids have been pretty good and not giving me much grief. I just get bored when they are gone.

Hope all is well with you guys!

:flowerforyou:
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    hi mommies! im new on here and could defenitely use the support! im slowly working towards my goal weight but doing good so far. joining the gym soon, for now its just evening runs and walks.

i have a 9 month old daughter and i live in Irving, TX with my husband Shaun. Abigail is the light of my life and I'm trying to stay in her life as long as possible so I know I need to get healthier for her.

I would love to make some friends on here and get some advice and support and its great there are other SAHMs on here!

I look forward to talking to you all,
    Julia:smile:
  • wilted6orchid
    wilted6orchid Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Melinda, here.
    Wow, I saw this thread and thought I would pop in later...
    Later, apparently is like 4 days later, I don't know where this week went.:noway:

I have three boys. Derald is 3 1/2, Gavin is 2, and Gabriel is 9 months. The AirForce has currently moved us to frigid Alaska and then deployment has taken my hubby off to Iraq. So I am home all day, everyday with my little ones. And that's why I'm shocked it took me so long to get back to ya'll.

Weight loss is going great. I would have done it sooner if I had known how well it would go. I've never been a dieter...I know some people who have dieted all their lives and are still struggling so that really put me off. I was content to be "fat" until the kids came along and I couldn't really keep up. That sucked! That and my hubby is obsessed with his weight. :laugh: He always wants to trim and tone. Then, eats pizza everyday and thinks nothing of it.:ohwell:
  • mossmommy
    mossmommy Posts: 63
    Options
    Melinda--

how do you find time to work out? i only have one little one i have to chase around and its hard to get some time when i'm not cleaning or doing laundry to get in work outs. i usually have to wait until my hubby gets home so he can watch her while i run.

any advice or quick workout tips?
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    wow no one has noticed i've been mia for the last cpl of weeks..oh well
  • staceyw37
    Options
    hi mommies! im new on here and could defenitely use the support! im slowly working towards my goal weight but doing good so far. joining the gym soon, for now its just evening runs and walks.

i have a 9 month old daughter and i live in Irving, TX with my husband Shaun. Abigail is the light of my life and I'm trying to stay in her life as long as possible so I know I need to get healthier for her.

I would love to make some friends on here and get some advice and support and its great there are other SAHMs on here!

I look forward to talking to you all,
    Julia:smile:
    welcome! this is a great group of women so hopefully you'll chime in with your life happenings and weight loss stuff often. :smile:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    lenece--that's not true! i noticed that you "poofed" as sara would say. i just figured you had your own stuff to work on without the extra of this stuff. so...you do count.
    anyway, i hope you're feeling better and have been able to put in place plans. and 93 lbs--wow woman!:flowerforyou:
    see you around :tongue:
  • staceyw37
    Options
    i'm obviously chatty today--tho turning in in a minute

welcome back losingit4good. we've been sharing this week our names, ages, where we live and kidlet info (as much or as little of any of this data as you'd like). i just thought it would help make the community feel more real, at least for me. anyway, always nice to have more people around. :heart:

welcome, melinda. i've seen you on other threads, glad you found us. this is a great group! also, i think there is another mommy up in alaska--maybe post to find her. i obviously have no idea whether she lives near you or not, but it might be worth a shot. glad to have you around--:flowerforyou:

and julia--take baby with you on walks. that was my method during year 1. she was content in the stroller (same strategy not as effective with baby 3-:grumble: ). also, i have dvd's to do. and finally, i let a lot of things go. it's more important for instance for me to type to you right now than to put the wash into the dryer or to put away the dry dishes. (i'll do the clothes tonight, but nah for the dishes). i don't clean as much or as thoroughly as i used to. i just learned to be ok with it--it took a while, but being with people, playing with the kids, getting in exercise, packing water and snacks so i don't blow all my hard work is worth it, worth way more than super clean sinks and floors. again, that's just what works for me.
    you should ask marla--she has 9 kids and homeschools them. and she's getting ready for a 5k. i can't even begin to imagine how she does it! :drinker:

and with that--good night, mommies! :heart: :heart:
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Hello Moms! Just popping in! It's been a rough day/last night. Two of my children had the stomach virus through the night and into this morning...this is the 6TH TIME since January that some combination of my children have had the throwing up bug! I feel like a failure for not keeping them well. This has never happened before. I had the windows open all day today to try to air out the germy house. We froze but hopefully so did the germs!

Kathy, sorry to hear about your kids (I know I'm a day behind). About two weeks ago my daughter had a fever for eight days straight and it worried me sick. She was diagnosed with flu at the beginning of the week and strep at the end. Got her sent off to school, and my son comes home with strep throat. But two kids in one night. My heart goes out to you.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Want to share with all you hardworking, tired, SAHM mommies out there.

I've finally gained self-control (at least this month) and have learned to say no. But I always feel tired (duh, wonder why). Anything with caffeine in it makes me jittery and anxious, and heads start coming off as I chomp away, venting frustration. So I went to a local organic store and someone suggested vitamin B12 drops that you stick under your tongue for 30 seconds and then swallow. Take once in the morning, then as needed throughout the day, recommended before physical activity or if you're under stress (I could guzzle the bottle for the stress alone).

So anyway, I tried it. No automatic upping reaction, but gradually I started not to feel tired. Placebo? Okay, so I tried it again later that afternoon when I started getting run down, but couldn't stop. Again, gradually less tired. For real? Is it that simple? Come here hubby, try this when you're tired. Lo and behold, he had the same reaction.

The awesome thing is, from what I've found on research so far, you can't actually OD on vitamin B12 because your body secretes it so quickly through sweat and urine, which is why so many of us are deficient in it.

Anyway, wanted to share with you guys as I know I can't possibly be the only "slightly-less-than-energetic" mommy out there.

Bottoms up :drinker: