MINI GOAL WEEK CHALLENGE-10/1-10/8

Options
MINI GOAL ONE WEEK CHALLENGE~FOR SHORT TERM GOALS

Focusing on one week at a time, when the big picture seems to overwhelming. Small changes can bring on big results!!

FOR THE WEEK OF: October 2, 2011 to October 8, 2011

Choose one of more things you want to work on for just this week. Don't set it too high or unreachable!!

Please, make your week the week that works for you. Sun to Sat or Mon to Sun, whatever is YOUR week!

You can reach your main goal if you break it into small actionable steps. It’s could be as easy as 1-2-3!

1) Choose something you know you can do easily.
2) Add more difficult tasks to your plan.
3) These small steps will get you started, motivated & help build routine for long term success!!

Anyone interested in joining us for another week, or a first week, or a get back on track week? All are welcome!

Replies

• MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    Getting the new thread up early today. It's going to be a busy day so I wanted to make sure I get this posted :happy:

My goals for the week.
    1. 30DS
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workout's in.
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work everyday
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips)
    5. Get my weekends under control - been eating out WAY to much on the weekends lately.
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hooray for the new thread! Thank you MAK; you're awesome:flowerforyou:

My new goals for the week (Mon-Sun):
    1) Exercise 5 days including 1 workout video (probably ChaleanX)
    2) Keep macronutrient ratio at 50:25:25 for Carbs/Fat/Protein
    3) Sodium under 2000
    4) Get at least a 3500 calorie deficit total for the week

I worked out these goals with my dietitian last Friday, so I'm super excited to focus on them for the next couple of weeks.

Here's to an awesome new week with the BEST MFP GROUP EVER!:smooched: :smooched: :drinker:
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    1) start lifting again at least 3 times this week (on top of my running)
    2) DRINK MORE WATER & try to limit soda =[ (as always lol)
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    Goodness this is on top of things!

My goals:
    Follow chalean schedule adding in 3 abs, and 5 swims, (eek, I'm scared just typing it, the commitment)
    3 fruits/veggies (dare I say almost a habit?)
    Calories, with fat less/at 25%
    Don't emotionally eat this week (it's going to be a tough week for me)
  • dhayes
    dhayes Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Sun-Sat
    Ride my bicycle 2x this week
    Take lunch and snacks to work 4x
    Go fishing 1x
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Awesome idea, I was just thinking about what my October challenge should be!

Drink TWO 16 oz glasses of water at work each day (the water cooler is right around the corner - no excuses)
    Incorporate one session yoga and one session weights into my routine. (use DVDs I already own)
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    OK, since I did not lose a single pound in September I now have to shed 10lbs in October!!!! Aggh.

This weeks Goals: NO EXCUSES!!!

1) Do P90X everyday before work.
    2) Drink 80oz of water per day
    3) Eat a healthy breakfast every day
    4) Go to bed by 10pm
  • ladygloria
    ladygloria Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yay, the new thread is up! Welcome to all of the newbies and the repeaters. This is a great challenge to join every week as the people here keep you motivated.

My goals:
    1. Keep up with Chalean's schedule per my modifications with the cardio.
    2. Take some time each day for myself.
    3. Spend some quality time with the hubby and child. We don't get much time these days all together, so when I can, I'm going to take advantage of it.
  • danlyn
    danlyn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Thanks MAK and LadyGloria, you're the best for getting this up and going each week. I hope everyone has a very successful week :flowerforyou:

Goals for me:
    1. Log food every day.
    2. Exercise at least 5 days.
    3. Bed by 10 PM.

Looking forward to a good week :drinker:
  • littlemount
    Options
    Sunday- 10/2
    GOALS FOR THIS WEEK
    Calories- 1200 daily
    Exercise- 30 minutes brisk cardio 3 times per week
    zumba- 2 times per week
    water- 64 oz per day
  • MAK_01
    MAK_01 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Philosohoe – Great goals this week!! I should probably focus on hitting my macronutrients as well. That’s a great one (I might be stealing). Have a great week. This really is the best group ever

Barbiex3 – Welcome to the thread! You've picked some great goals. Good luck for your week!

Ittee – Good luck with your week. I hope it’s not too tough… But you are a tough lady so I know you are going to make it through.

Dhayes - Welcome to the mini goal thread. Looks like you have picked some great goals. Love bike riding! Wishing I had gone out today, it turned out to be nice weather.

Surfrgrl1 – Glad you found our challenge! Good luck with your goals this week.

La_nanita – I’m with you girl… September was a tough month for me (all of it my doing)! Here’s to a bootie kicking (and melting October)! Get your P90X on girl!

Ladygloria – Great goals as always! Here’s to another week I know you are going to do great. Good luck with the family time, it is very important.

Danlyn – HUGGS to you! Happy to keep this going, I love the support of the group! Good luck to you this week I know you can make all your goals!

Littlemount – So glad you are back for another week! Great goals I know you will conquer them this week!

Sunday check in:
    1. 30DS – Day 11 CHECK. Level 2 really is no joke YIKES!
    2. Get in 3 non 30DS workouts in – got a little Turbo Jam in
    3. Bring lunch and snacks to work every day – I’ll let you know how Monday goes.
    4. No extra BLTS (bites, licks, tastes, sips) – EPIC FAIL!
    5. Get my weekends under control - been eating out WAY too much on the weekends lately. – So out of control <sigh> I’m not sure why I do this to myself. Need to get my head in the game on the weekends.

Have a great Sunday night everyone!!!
  • la_nanita
    la_nanita Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check in:

1} P90X: 1/7 -- Yeah baby!!! Loved it too. I have not enjoyed any of the P90x videos until now. Kenpo is now my new favorite, I guess the type of exercise for me is the kicking and punching kind! :bigsmile:
    2} Water: 1/7 -- Modifying back to 8 glasses, I need to really get this one going well before I aim for more.
    3} Breakfast: 1/7 -- Had Fit & Activy ceral with skimmed milk. So I would say that is healthy.
    4} Bed: 1/7 -- Well, planning to achieve this tonight. :blushing: I am tired.

I ate horribly for lunch today... sonic's is NOT a good choice! Have learned from that mistake. Even though I ate a lof of calories today I got lots of exercise in. I did my P90x this morning and we went to Seaworld and I woud say of the 3 hours we were there I walked 1-1/2...

Love you guys! Have a great week....:flowerforyou:
  • bhurley1424
    bhurley1424 Posts: 927 Member
    Options
    Yay for a new week (and month)! Here are my challenges/goals for the week starting today:

1) Exercise 6 days
    2) Walk 10 miles
    3) Keep sodium below maximum
    4) Eat at least 3 servings fruit/veg a day (not much I know but for me this will be a challenge)
  • LA_proud
    LA_proud Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can do this...count me in!
  • Ittee
    Ittee Posts: 285
    Options
    My check in to finish this week:
    Exercise 7 times, 3 chalean, 3 abs: :noway: I swam 9 times, did 4 chalean weight training days, and 4 chalean ab burners. Yippee!!
    Calories, with protein being higher than fat: heck yes, under 23% for the week!! It is now a goal to be under 25%
    3 fruits/veggies daily: day 5 in a row and had 4 servings!!

Welcome LAproud, what are you trying to accomplish this week?

bhurley: so glad you're joining us again!! And the 3 servings is a definite challenge for me!!

la_nanita: absolutely love your profile pic, again great job with the activities you've been accomplishing. And I know how you feel: I ate another freaking donut, and it tasted like crap. Why do I always feel the need to test that? and then finish?

MAK: c'mon girl, you got this!!! NO BLTS, stay strong.

littlemount: I hope you make it all the way up to 1200 calories. Good luck
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Sunday check in to finish last week's challenges:
    1) Exercise 6 days--ACHIEVED with Bonus! 7/7 swam twice today AND did ChaleanX Burn 3 (modified w/no weights and failure at about 6 reps, but hey, I kept going through to the end, and actually held myself in a pike on my toes for 10 seconds while the rest of the group did their extreme push ups)
    2) 10-12 cups water EVERYDAY--ACHIEVED! 7/7 This week was much easier to stay on track than the last 2 weeks where I was traveling so much.
    3) Sodium under 2000 EVERYDAY--ACHIEVED! 7/7 I am so freakin' happy about this as this is both a constant struggle and a real health issue for my high blood pressure.
    4) Take a walk or do some deep breathing exercises when I get that "I'm about to strangle punch maim stab someone" feeling. Sunday-no work=no stress! ACHIEVED!
    5) DO NOT WEIGH IN ON ANY DAY OTHER THAN MONDAY. check 6/7 Tomorrow is my weigh in day, so I'm crossing my fingers and hoping for a nice start to my new challenge week.

Welcome welcome to all the new folks:flowerforyou: , and welcome back old-timers:glasses: ! I'm so ready for us to kick butt this week. We are going to do fantastically! :smokin:
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Sunday Check-in:

1. Great water intake today! Not so good on food/logging as I'd hoped today.
    2. Rest Day but did a TON of cleaning at my Sisters house..whew!
    3. Still working on Refocusing.......:laugh:
    4. Here I am checking in despite the food not logged completely and less than stellar choices. BUT I have kept this goal all week long!:drinker: :tongue:

Looking forward to a brand new week with newcomers and regulars alike!:smooched:
    ....I plan on keeping the same goals for another week..:heart:

**My Goals for this week (10/2-10/8)**

1 - Track food daily, make healthier choices
    2 - Workout 4-5 days this week
    3 - Stay FOCUSED on the Game!
    4 - Check in EVERY DAY no matter what type of day I've had
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! It's going to be a fantastic week... enjoy it my friends! It's nice to know we're all routing for each other, what a lovely bunch of people we have on our inspiring little group!:smooched: :flowerforyou:
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    double post sorry
  • KrisPage
    KrisPage Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys I was MIA last week was a very crazy and bad week and did good to log daily.
    Here to get back on track
    Goal this week 10 miles this week. Get back to my exercise routine to get back in a downward trend with my weight. Have been struggling in a stall for a few weeks. Hoping to see Onederland this month by Halloween.