Christmas Challenge 2011-Chit Chat

Options

Replies

• jessibee
    Options
    Hi y'all! Hope everyone is doing well. I have to get focused on eating better on the weekends and stick with the c25k plan (I skipped working out this week eek)!
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday!
    I also ran (walk-to-run interval training) 3 times this week and walked on one or two other days.

Can you elaborate on the walk to run interval training? Sounds interesting :)
  • undermajorconstruction
    Options
    Oh my goodness...now I'm accountable...and I'm nervous! I look forward to a healthy, sexy Christmas!
    [/quote

LOL! I felt the same exact way!!! You will do fine with all of the support here!
  • queen263
    queen263 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello All,
    I am doing ok so far, I am down 4 lb.s for 2 weeks, but here comes my challenge...Vegas!! It's going to be a little difficult because I can't prepare my own meals, but this is the real world and I have to learn to handle it like the rest of the world!! Wish me luck. Have a great week everyone!!

Great job darling and have a super time in Vegas!! I've found when traveling that if I just stick to low carb, high protein choices and skip desserts but just take one bite of everyone else's I don't feel deprived and I don't get off track....not that I can always do this...but when I do it works great!

Thanks for the advice!! I will try, but low carb eating has never worked well for me. I will be checking in regularly for support. I am going to make it work. Thanks again.
  • batgirlmama
    batgirlmama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I can't believe it four pounds! I am so siked. This was my first week on MFP so it may be some water, but I was so so excited! Way to go everyone - keep at it because you know its worth it.

My little man is getting huge - if I could lose at the same rate he is gaining....hmmm
  • nettie1969
    Options
    Great job all ...

off topic but i found it funny...

My hubby works as a safety driver so is away from home quite a bit. We were on the phone last night and were talking about my lifestyle change (he is soo supportive) and I said "wooo hoooo I've lost like 3kg (7lbs) this week" his response? "that's fantastic sweetheart ... But you didn't lose it - I have it!" lol

I do kind of like the thought of knowing exactly where it is now and as far as I am concerned he can keep it! I do not want it back.

Have a great week everyone.
  • rachemn
    rachemn Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone :flowerforyou:

Well my killer cold is still lingering :grumble: . The good news is I feel much better today. The bad news is I ate like crap on Friday and yesterday was not much better. My body is saying REST, REST, REST :yawn: so that's what I've been doing. I'm still to heavy to weigh my self on my scale at home :blushing: so I will have to log my gain (YUP . . . that's what I assuming) tomorrow when I can weigh my self at the gym. I so need to clear this cold out and stay focused on my strength training so I can make it though the Kettle Worx class that starts Oct 17 :bigsmile: .

My plans for today are to eat my protein, drink my herbal tea, and stay away from the junk food. I'm just going to sit back, relax, and watch the Packer game (GO PACK!) minus the beer and chips! :laugh:

I've been fighting a killer cold too. Been week for days now. It is the season. You can do this. I love classes....always find I work harder. Keep it up doll!
  • rachemn
    Options
    I can't believe it four pounds! I am so siked. This was my first week on MFP so it may be some water, but I was so so excited! Way to go everyone - keep at it because you know its worth it.

My little man is getting huge - if I could lose at the same rate he is gaining....hmmm

Fabulous job, batgirl! And your little man is absolutely adorable!! My baby boy is 16. :cry:
  • rachemn
    Options
    Oh and despite a couple slips and hardly any exercising due to my bronchitis, I managed to drop 4 pounds for the week!!! Super excited!
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Eating today was a DISASTER, but I did work out twice. I think I'll start doing the 30DS most mornings while alternating between c25k and a long walk in the evenings to keep my metabolism stoked. Plus that way I can run with Big Dog and still walk Little Dog. Trying to get both fit because I want to show them! Good motivation- I might not be able to be convinced to get myself fit but a show dog? All over it.
  • tracy337
    tracy337 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Soooo STOKED!!! 2 pounds lost this week, was hoping for more, but not gonna complain but I also took my measurements again and I also lost almost 3 inches! Hoping I can do as good this week considering it is suppose to rain for half the week and I LOVE going for my long walks and just getting to the point where I can do jogging sprints :) Hope everyone has a great week! Keep up the good work EVERYONE!!!!
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am new to myfitnesspal! Today is a Monday, the day when I always make decisions that don't even last until Friday! But I hope this time will be different, I am not restricting myself, I won't say 'no' to chocolate...In fact, I had pasta for dinner for the last three days. I think that the key is in moderation, and that's what I will follow! My goal is around 50 kg, or 110 ibs!
    I tried so many diets, I wasted my money on online weight loss books, I starved myself, and it was all for nothing, I believe that most of you experienced the famous yo-yo effect...
    January is my goal for losing 6 kg, (I guess it's about 13 pounds) since I'm going to a vacation where I will have to wear a bikini... and not just that! I hope I will feel healthier, more beautiful, and finally say goodbye to that muffin top!
    I wish everybody a successful weight loss! :)
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    The spreadsheet does look excellent, I've stayed the same this week, I have gotten off lightly, I haven't eaten well or made the right food choices, from the birthdays there's too much cake and chocolate around in the house, I need it gone. So rubbish at after dinner I start munching, we've frozen one of them, and nearly finished the other and then yesterday my son came back with more bloomin cake. I feel terrible giving it to him and also putting it in the bin, I need an end so I think it will be the bin. I did go to swim training last night and omg now I've got the HRM I am getting accurate calorie readings, its shocking I thought in an hour of hardcore swim training with coach I'd be at 400-500calories, last night 301!!!!!!

This week, I will be doing 30DS, part of a challenge for Oct, I'm much better at the exercise than I am at food, this is the part I need to work on. Am reading Jillian Micheals book for inspiration.
  • cherrieruns
    cherrieruns Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    h boy, I've been going the wrong way lately. Time to fix that.

Welcome to the newcomers!
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey all,
    Well, it's a good thing that I weighed myself in the morning, because last night I COMPLETELY fell off the horse. I took my nephew to Chili's as a treat and went WAY overboard. I logged it all because I figure if things are going to be different this time I have to be honest with myself. I see A LOT of exercise in my future! :)
  • cds2001
    cds2001 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Found this new thread. Entered my info on the spreadsheet. No change for this week. Considering the week I've had I'm just glad that I didn't have a gain. I understand salvarado08 about Chili's. I might be going there this weekend with my mom. Hopefully I'll make some decent choices while there. If not, I'll just have to do 4 hours of non-stop exercise to make up for it! I've lost all of 5 pounds since mid-August. Time to really rev this thing up. I do enjoy all of the support on here. I need to form some kind of balance with my eating and exercise to see more results.

My NSV for this challenge was to log 200 miles. So far completed 14.5 miles so only 185.5 to go -- woohoo!
  • salvarado08
    salvarado08 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I hope you do better than I did. Word to the wise: don't get the new molten lava cake (or whatever it is called) - that is really where I went overboard...
    Found this new thread. Entered my info on the spreadsheet. No change for this week. Considering the week I've had I'm just glad that I didn't have a gain. I understand salvarado08 about Chili's. I might be going there this weekend with my mom. Hopefully I'll make some decent choices while there. If not, I'll just have to do 4 hours of non-stop exercise to make up for it! I've lost all of 5 pounds since mid-August. Time to really rev this thing up. I do enjoy all of the support on here. I need to form some kind of balance with my eating and exercise to see more results.

My NSV for this challenge was to log 200 miles. So far completed 14.5 miles so only 185.5 to go -- woohoo!
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Well I was up this week. Exactly what I expected :grumble: . I still have this darn cold :huh: :huh: but it seems to be getting better. Now I just have to put my mind back on the right track. I went to the gym this morning and I am slowly easing my self back into my routine. I need this cold gone :explode: by Friday! The Kettle Worx intro classes start next week and I really want to try this.

I can do this, I can do this, I CAN DO THIS . . . .:love:
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Wooohoo down 5.1 lbs this week and loving it:happy: I have been losing lbs every week and want to take advantage of the loss because I know that I will plateau sooner or later!! I have a very very long way to go BUT I am so so so happy!!!!!!

I need to look into my calorie intake :huh: and see what to do about exercise calories:grumble: I know my calories are very very low, but I dont feel hungry.. something I need to work on really hard because at times I look back at the end of the day and I am below 1000 calories. So if anyone has any suggestions, more that glad to hear from you
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Love the spreadsheet. Makes it so much easier than copying and pasting in the thread. thanks so much!