Unexpected downfalls of being a parent....

Options
12346»

Replies

• jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    cut myself this morning.
    Going to work sporting a flouresent green spongebob band aid.

You know the drill, add your own! :D

how is this a problem?? i have pokemon band aids. GOTTA CATCH'EM ALL!!!

where...where...WHERE DID YOU GET THESE? I REALLY. LIKE. POKEMON.

my husband always goes to work with princess band aids lmao

my downfall is when you are smart to bring your kids 2nd pair of clothes but not yourself and they pee all over you leg while sitting on you. Then you get to sport the pee pants till you get home from the market [sigh]
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    the stupidest movie ever made...

"Shark boy and Lava girl"

A movie that needs to be watched everyday? Ask my 3 & 6 year olds... it is a MANDITORY movie..
    Cars or Cars 2

I've watched everyday I've spent with them for the last 365 days. Now we've added Tangled into the mix.

Oh man, I love Tangled! Cars is okay, but I am SO sick of it too! My son is obsessed with the Ninja turtles cartoon that I stupidly bought on dvd.....

i didn't mind cars. I still don't. What I DO mind is having to buy every piece of plastic crap with CARS stamped on it.
  • Triquetra
    Triquetra Posts: 270 Member
    Options

They both also seem to miss the toilet consistently or manage to pee all over the seat. Trust me, you don't want to be the person coming in after them sometimes to use the bathroom.

I am in the middle of a bathroom remo at my house, yes I am adding a urinal into my house, I have a 12 yr old who still can't aim and all the girls in the house have protested enough that a urinal has become necessary :laugh: , the other option was have him pee in the yard with the dog :laugh:
  • pauldbarnhart
    pauldbarnhart Posts: 5,999 Member
    Options
    When potty training my son, he would always run out the front door and pee off the front porch (even if he had to pass the bathroom to do so).

I found out a couple of years later that his incredibly mean half sister had told him there was a snake that lived in the toilet that would bite his weewee off if he tried to pee in the toilet. Of coiurse, the same rotten kid told him there was a tiger in his closet (hence his aversion to hanging up clothes).
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Not really a downfall, but definitely a kid influence. I have the Wonder Pets "phone is ringing" song as my ringtone on my iPhone. I can always spot the parents smiling when it rings in public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlWvE2U0nw
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I catch myself randomly singing the words to "the wonder pets song" or "Yo gabba gabba" :blushing:
  • KarenPopoff
    KarenPopoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My son likes to call everyone Dump Truck but it sounds like Dumb F**k.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    my favorite mispronounciation... when talking about the GPS "Mama, that lady gives great erections!"
  • LilysMom28
    LilysMom28 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I dont know if this is a downfall but I found Cheerios in my purse this morning. haha

I found a gummy bear in my purse the other day. And I ate it. And it was delicious. And I didn't log it.

hahaha thats awesome!! :laugh:
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I have to do homework again... I hated it when I was in school, guess what that has not changed.
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Becoming a tissue.

Having glitter on everything because your daughter loves fairies.

Catching vomit as it flows from your daughters mouth while saying, "Its ok sweetie, you'll be alright." and simultaneously thinking, "Oh crap, I have to vomit now this is disgusting!"

Instead of having a good song stuck in my head I have The Wiggles, Yo Gabba Gabba, Sesame Street and other mind destroying songs populating my brain.

Going to a Wiggles concert - my first is this Sunday. I am scared.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

When my son was 2, he had a buzz lightyear doll. He'd often be heard saying "I want bud light" (usually in public with people we don't know! :laugh: )
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    My son had really bad reflux when he was little and I was constantly being barfed on. I would show up to my classes for my PhD (so, with lots of professional-looking people) and find barf on my shirt or in my hair.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

When my son was 2, he had a buzz lightyear doll. He'd often be heard saying "I want bud light" (usually in public with people we don't know! :laugh: )

my son (asd) has a speech problem , and he is a fan of the tampa bay. he used to have trouble with b sounds , they sounded like f's , its real fun being in a sports store and hearing him yell from across the store "MOM THEY HAVE THE *UCCENEERS"
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    Not really a downfall, but definitely a kid influence. I have the Wonder Pets "phone is ringing" song as my ringtone on my iPhone. I can always spot the parents smiling when it rings in public.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxlWvE2U0nw

EHHH umm me too
  • FairyMiss
    Options
    I can't sleep for more than 4 hours without waking myself up to check on her breathing, she's almost 2 1/2.

i STILL catch my self doing that .... he is 12
  • MamaBear57
    MamaBear57 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I have done this and caught myself singing to it.....lol