MFP Biggest Loser Challenge

Options

Replies

• alibaba0310
    Options
    bekkadillon, i wont be able to tell you your team until the weigh in and i see whose numbers I receive.
    to sarahkova, i decided to let bekkadillon on when she asked after last weeks weigh in because so many people are not sending me their numbers (purple team only had one person send me theirs), and she told me she had all the stats for the past two weigh ins to make it easier.
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone... I think I'm doing good this week... I'm not big on sodium so it's not to hard for me.. :)

I did a crazy workout yesterday at the gym, ran on the treadmill for 30 minutes then did 30 minutes of strenght then went on the bike for 25 minutes :) went home and had a nice long hot bath :)

Just had subway for lunch and feeling good.. hitting the gym again tonight :)
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I doubt that I am the official winner this week but I am still a WINNER!!!!!!!!

I lost 6lbs this week...puting me over my 1/4th the way to goal!

Last week I had a gain and I thought it was going to throw me off for my goal for Oct 31st of being at 300! but losing that 6lbs brought me down to 308 and withing a reasonable weight to hit my goal by the 31st!!! WOO HOO!!!! I could possibly be in twoterville in 1 month!!!! OMG!!!! I haven't been there since 2002!!!!!
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    OMG - Sarah, 6 pounds this week! That is crazy amazing! Woo Hoo - so happy for you :)

I am down 1.5 this week (to 191.4).

SW = 197.1
    Wk1 = 194
    Wk2 = 192.9
    Wk3 = 191.4

Have a great day all!

Hugs,
    amy
  • catjrow3
    catjrow3 Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I stayed the same this week...

Great job
    Sarah!!!! Amazing!!
  • sarahkova
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I have had a few rough weeks where I would lose a lb then the next week gain it back...so this is awesome!
  • Julieash
    Julieash Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    6lbs that is AWSOME :) congrats... I'm down 1.2lbs which is better than nothing but I'm going to try my best to be the biggest looser next week :)
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    Congrats to the RED TEAM!! you win the weigh in!
    sarahkova is this weeks individual winner!! congrats on losing 6 lbs!

the BLUE TEAM wins the challenge! great job!!

about next week, i'm not really sure what to do about the people that just arent being consistent and giving me their numbers each week. it makes it hard to calculate everything when i have blanks for the week before and stuff. anyone have any suggestions?

for the challenge, these are some ideas that okieworkout suggested to me, what do you guys think? which would you want to do? i think theyr great! just gotta pick one =)

mfp3.jpg

mfpchallenge3.jpg
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    Congrats to Sarah & the Red Team for being the Biggest Losers!
    Go Red Team!
  • Letty_c
    Letty_c Posts: 278 Member
    Options

about next week, i'm not really sure what to do about the people that just arent being consistent and giving me their numbers each week. it makes it hard to calculate everything when i have blanks for the week before and stuff. anyone have any suggestions?

for the challenge, these are some ideas that okieworkout suggested to me, what do you guys think? which would you want to do? i think theyr great! just gotta pick one =)

you're to kind to the people who keep forgetting............ and what are the ideas that okieworout came up with
  • sarahkova
    Options
    other things I am in if they don't check in 2 times they are deleted. plain and simple..it makes it too difficult otherwise to keep up with it
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Here are the ideas that I had:

EXERCISES:
    1. Woodchops. These can be done with a handweight as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5M0n9OBj9s8

2. Squatjacks. Here are two diffent ways of doing them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GUv4GIO9TE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LK3jSsdQ7M4

3. Jumprope. This can be done with or without an actual rope. Burns as many calories as if you were jogging.

4. Miles challenge. How many miles can we get in throughout the week? Walk, Run, Bike, Elliptical
    Anything that you can record in miles.

5. Boxing! Punch Combos - jab, cross, hook, uppercut
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yor1dHH6orE

NUTRITION:
    1. Eat more servings of fruits and vegetables. Example, we could aim for 30 servings and just count how many we have. I think we're supposed to have 3-5 servings of EACH per day. Not sure though.
    2. Drink more water. My favorite! This is always good for you.

I think we should do the boxing - punch combos! You burn alot of calories & this WILL help us to lose weight! Let's all aim for 100 punch combos for the week. The more the merrier! Let's get going!

GREAT JOB Red Team - esp Sarah! We're so proud of you!
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Congrats to blue team for winning this week challenge AGAIN!
    and everyone for make it to another week. We are all winners or should I say we are all losers.
    For next challenge, I pick counting non starch vege serving.
    Serving size: 1 cup for raw vegetable or 1/2 cup for cooked veg.
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    That's a great idea! Can we do both? An exercise challenge & a nutrition challenge?

We could definitely eat our veggies & do punch combos! What do you guys think?
  • sarahkova
    Options
    i guess I am not big on an exercise challenge because I am doing a fairly specific exercise right now and I don't want to add something on top of it that could possibly throw me out of whack...but amm all for the number of fruits and veggies we eat in a week...

I hope this is figured out soon though since it counts today...
  • sarahkova
    Options
    if we are going with the fruits and veggies here is a great source of information for everybody about how much of fruits and vegetables we should be eating each day

http://www.fruitsandveggiesmatter.gov/downloads/General_Audience_Brochure.pdf
  • laurielou04
    laurielou04 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    great job to everyone!! :)

and I would be for doing exercise or/and fruits and veggies...i get enough fruit but not enough veggies..
  • nicoleat1049
    nicoleat1049 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey green team, sorry I didn't log in for last week. I had way too much stuff going on to track my food (excuses, I know), but I am down a couple of pounds :) I'm back in it now! What are we tracking for this week? I love the exercise challanges, exercise makes me feel so good :)
  • alibaba0310
    Options
    to me it sounds like people would prefer a nutrition challenge. i'm kinda in that boat too because i play on my schools varsity tennis team and after practice and games im just too exhausted to do anything more really. so, i love the idea of counting fruits and veggie servings. so that will be our challenge for the week! (unless anyone has any objections)

as for the people that havent been regularly checking in, next week, and i hate to do this, but i'm going to put down my foot and delete people from the list who havent checked in in two weeks. i'm really sorry if this is being too harsh, but its so much harder to do all the calculations with the blanks

HAVE A GREAT WEEK EVERYONE! =)
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    Options
    so, i love the idea of counting fruits and veggie servings. so that will be our challenge for the week!

Works for me! Let's get in our fruit & veggie servings!