200+ Hot For Halloween!

Options

Replies

• wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Lacey: I love you, girl. But if you share another awesome shopping site with me, I am driving to Eugene to poke you in the eye. :) I was supposed to be DONE Christmas shopping.... but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I go to Athleta.com and now I have MORE wrapping to do. thanks. Really. ;) (love ya!)
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    Lacey, I agree with Sarah! My will power is slowly dwindling!

Tasha, I'm keepin' my fingers crossed for you that your new scale shows big changes!

Amy, that blows that the hubbs is going to be gone for your birthday. I strongly dislike this. I do like that you are back to rockin' out workouts. I feel like all is right in the world again. I'm also super pumped about your brother taking those huge steps towards getting healthy. Way to go to his friends too for stepping in when he needed it. That is very cool of them.

Sarah, I LOVE that you attempted a bathroom run to get the scale to say what you wanted. I totally do that. Especially when you're on the cusp of hitting a new set of numbers, its really appealing. As usual, I currently feel like I have been in the bottom of the 160s for EONS.

Victoria, enjoy The Help! I've also heard its amazing. I don't really know if I'll ever wear a bikini in public either. I think I would be freaking out the whole time about just HOW MUCH SKIN is showing. Its terrifying. I would love to have the confidence/body to do it, though!

Jessi, I agree with you on the guys losing weight is annoying. I swear, Chris counts his calories Monday through Thursday and then eats and drinks to his heart's content on the weekend, and he's lost almost 40 pounds. Mind you, I'm cool with it because he is only getting hotter, but I have had to bust my butt for 3 times as long as him to lose what I've lost. Plus I just HATE that men are allowed to do more of everything than women and still be healthy. They get to eat more, they can drink more, they burn more calories for the same amount of exercise. Its stupid. It makes me want to punch whomever is responsible. (Science or God, depending on your beliefs.)

Nava, way to go on planning on what you were going to eat before getting to the place. That's an awesome move to make.

I totally overslept today so I gotta rock some Core Synergistics tonight, plus some lawn mowing. I hate working out in the afternoon b/c I freak out about where my calories are at. I've got dinner preloaded and everything, but I'm already over on cals and still would like another snack or two. I SHOULD be okay once the calorie burn from working out is in there, but who knows? Urgh.
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    DOUBLE POST! BOO!

I feel like I shouldn't waste it, but I got nothin' to say.
  • Navallez
    Navallez Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!! I had a wonderful week lost 5.1 lbs and very very happy:happy: I have a long long way to go but I am determined to stick it out.. I know I will succeed... so so happy!!
  • SteppingOutofGrey
    SteppingOutofGrey Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Navallez: wtg on your weight loss, you should be very happy!!!!

Nava: sorry you had such a poorly weekend - hope you will soon be much better

Megan: sad news about the boyfriend - not going to come up with some naff 'feel better' quote - as right now it is sad. Hugs x

Bobbie: my 'productivity' - covers a pretty wide span - so far has included - making a friends' birthday present; some knitting; baking a cake; preparing two display boards for a luncheon group I help with - I think it is going to be basically anything, out of the routine of things that is tangible!!!!!

Crystal: two days done - you CAN do this......

Amy: such good news re your brother - you must be so thankful. Such grotty news re the Hubbs and your birthday - two years running is a bit smelly........re that scale reading - next week WILL be good!!!!

Pam: yeah for lost weight

Rikki: a strange thing to say but I am really sorry the hubbs isn't 'broken'. My thoughts and prayers are with you all xx

Kristina: are you posting lady and keeping your diary??????????????????????

As for me - end of yesterday - 9/9 good food choices (although I did miss lunch which was unplanned so am going to be okay about the 'small' piece of cake I had for elevenses!!!) and reading 8/9 - exercise and productivity - feeling quite bloaty tonight though?
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    Kerry - I'm all for the punching, once we find the right target!

I really, really hate my job today. I go through periods of this once in a while (at one point, I actually started looking for another job, had a job offer, but didn't want to lose the insurance in the long run), but today I just feel like shouting. I'm not superwoman, no matter how much I pretend, and no I can't operate 4 computers at one time to do 4 different things for 4 different people. And (gasp!) I'm just as capable of figuring out what works for a client in an ad as anyone else, even if I'm not the copy-writer, or the sales manager, or even in sales at all. Turns out what I ended up arguing about with my boss is exactly what the client wanted, so PFFFT! Sorry to vent; otherwise I might have exploded.
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    RainSarah - Way to go with getting back below your last lowest weight. I'm hoping to do the same this week and FINALLY get below what i was when i went to my parents' house!

Lacey - We used to have a pet goat called Princess Leia. And Nespresso machines rock.

WiggleSarah - WAY TO GO ON THE RUN!!!

Kendal - Well done for meeting fitness goals!!

Jen - Awesome to hear that you and the hubby are doing this together!!

Apryl - Way to go on being so close to your goal!!

Annette - WAY TO GO ON THE FRUIT CHOICE GIRL!! :drinker:

Kendal - BatGirl costume is ADORABLE!!!

Megan - I'm so sorry to hear about the man problems :frown: They're no fun!

Crystal - WOOO!!! Two days smoke free! I'm so proud of you, i know how hard it is! I did all my quit attempts cold turkey, and it was pretty hellish. The quit smoking campaigns here used to be "every cigarette is doing you damage", but have started being more about the fact that every cigarette you DON'T smoke is doing you good, and talking about the time frames involved in each area of your body healing itself. Also, Yes, yoga is being CRAZY effective for the back problems. The pain is finally being managed through yoga and my daily antiinflammatory, and i can just take ibuprofen for any breakthrough pain. I honestly NEVER thought i'd be in such an awesome position with my back pain!! I've been dealing with it for 15 years, and this is the best it's ever been. I owe it all to my Wii Fit. On the FB thing also - I have TWO fb accounts - one for friends, and one for family. Have done for over a year now. Best thing i've ever done!

Amy - That is SO awesome about your brother. As we all know, it's a huge step to take to be accountable for your health, and he's doing an amazing thing :smile:

Pam - I NEED a reason to drink Wine??????

Rikki - I'm sorry to hear that the man is being deployed :frown: such is the life of a military man unfortunately. We're here for you, and i hope things go ok with your kids! Think about what an AWESOME surprise you can have ready for him when he gets home, and you're all trim, taught and terriffic!! That could be an awesome motivator!

Nava - Omg, TARDIS!! :heart:

Kerry - I wear a bikini now! Hahaha. I got a tattoo on my belly a couple of years ago so that i would feel better about myself and not so self conscious, and feel as though people were looking at the tat and not my spare tire! Although, I have recently found the CUTEST one-piece i've ever seen, and i am SERIOUSLY considering buying it!
    http://www.citychic.com.au/LOOKBOOK/Swimwear-2.aspx

PHEW!!! Gee you're a chatty lot!!!

Anyway, i survived my 6 shifts straight with minimal issue. The man came home from his weekend away early because he was poorly, so i got him for the whole of yesterday (pulbic holiday). Unfortunately we spent the morning bickering, but we do that, and the afternoon was much better, spent watching UFC.

I've been SO slack on the exercise the last few days! I REALLY have to get back into it. But i'm just so tired. ARGH. Thinking of giving 30DS another shot.

The weather here seems a little bit mental at the moment. Yesterday was warm and sunny, today it's dreary, windy and overcast!! I wish the stupid weather would make up it's mind!

So my plan is that i will spend this morning cleaning (and probably go to Teagan's for Coffee) and hopefully i'll be able to get my butt into gear and get some exercise done this afternoon. I love that i've got such a big range of exercised that i can do in my loungeroom! It makes it so much easier to exercise!
    My dad has also given me a list of weight-training exercises i should be doing as well. He's a qualified fitness instructor, so i completely trust what he's got to offer.

WHY could i not have inherited his genes and metabolism instead of my mother's side????? Argh. Oh well, better go and get started on... well... SOMETHING!
  • akasullengal
    akasullengal Posts: 1,499 Member
    Options
    last last chance for weigh in. I'm posting first thing in the morning. Still lots not heard from.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    Exercise didn't happen tonight. Instead I went to an informational meeting about the house. I've had a headache most of the afternoon, I think it's cause the weather change. Ugh. Thinking I might go to bed soon.

I am 100 cals over. But. I'm craving something sweet at the moment.

yeah, I think going to bed will resolve that.

heeeehehehehe
    RZRZF.jpg
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Food not logged today -1 for me. Came home and ran/walked about 2.25 miles in the rain +1 for me. I will call today a wash. Tomorrow I will add in calorie tracking once again. Am thinking my fitness plan through Christmas is going to consist of running/walking Mon/Wed/Fri and Upper body P90X Tuesday/Lower body P90X Thursday, plus ab raper. Saturday is whatever I want but something and Sunday is a rest day. I need to make a calendar and put it on the fridge or in my phone or something like you girls do so I can check it off each day. It does make it easier.

The inhaler I got totally helped me run, I feel like I can push through the wall now if I keep at it. I need some pants though. I wore cottony yoga pants tonight and near the end they were heavy. I also need to remember to eat a snack of carby something an hour before I head home. About 2/3 of the way through my body was feeling tired..but I got in the house all soaking wet and felt great though wobbly. Its been a while. Also either need a waterproof case for the iphone or a plan B so I can have music. After watching Sherlock Holmes this weekend for the umpteenth time and still absolutely digging every second of the music, I think the soundtrack might be perfect running music. Its upbeat, a little dark, and completely entertaining. Plus it makes me think of Robert Downey Jr, and that can't hurt while learning to run either.

LMFAO...for some reason Gracie and Jeff are having a conversation about boobs right now. And I hear Gracie say "those are grandma sized boobs..." I have no idea why or how or what, but it is cracking me up.

Amy - that is totally rad about your brother and his getting it together with the eating!! Total happy thoughts about that. Oh, and I bought a frambos beer last weekend. We drank it last night...it was a raspberry brown beer, so it was nutty. But still tasty goodness.

Kendal - yeay for trying to save the house. I am pretty positive that your mortgage company will work with you and ideally make your payments according to your income. At least that is what I'd try to shoot for anyways. They don't want houses back right now. I've got some experience in this unfortunate arena, so if you have any q's about it, let me know. I may, or may not, be able to help. Love the husky pic!

Annette - I'm coming for your diary tomorrow girly!! :flowerforyou:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    Well, i just got an unplanned extra 10 minutes of exercise in the rain... Had a slight mishap trying to clip my poor Alex Puppy's nails... hit the quick, MASSIVE amounts of blood... He was freaking out, so i was freaking out, and i was trying to get soap on the claw to stop the bleeding, but he freaked out more, so i freaked out more... so i just wrapped his paw in toilet paper, scooped him up and just about ran to the vet who is, luckily, only a 5 minute walk up the road.

The bleeding has now stopped, i no longer look like i've just stepped out of a slasher film, and the vet cut the rest of Alex's nails.

Poor baby is laying on the other side of the room, licking his sore foot and glaring at me.

How on EARTH am i going to explain this to Isaac... Oh Dear...
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I almost missed my Monday weigh-in! 264.2 :)
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies! I am almost on speaking terms with my scale again...I've lost 2 of the 5 pounds it says I gained on vacation. I'm hoping by the time the next weigh in rolls around, I will have lost the other 3 pounds. I love vacation but it seriously causes a road bump in my healthy-Amy plan.

Hosanna: I did that to my golden retriever once. He has a super long quick in 2 of his nails and the first time I clipped his nails, I didn't know (he happened to have black nails to make it super-hard) and I got him good. He was gushing blood all over the kitchen floor as I tried to get the styptic powder out. Neither of us really ever recovered from that and I let the nail clipping be done by the professionals.

Lacey: I like your hybrid plan. I put mine into my iCal so that it pops up on my computer and phone each day (which drives me insane until I complete it). It's really helpful. I'm really glad that your inhaler is helping you with your runs. You should go over to Athleta.com and get you some running pants!!!! Yay for frambose beer. I drank way too much of the stuff we brought home from Belgium over the weekend and I think that's why my scale has been nasty to me all weekend.

Kendal: I seriously uber-:heart: your husky pic.

Jessi: I'm sorry you are having work issues these days. That makes life suck.

Annette: Way to go on the productivity!

Navallez: Great loss!

Kerry: I'm with you on disliking workout out later in the day. I try to plan my food out in the morning but it always kind of depends on the exercise calories (which I try to estimate in my head but I really only feel better once it's done and logged). And you are not allowed to let your will power dwindle!! You are awesome and amazing and inspirational. I wanna grow up to be just like you. :bigsmile: So don't quit or P90X2 is gonna wipe the floor with you. :heart: :heart:

Sarah: Lacey has introduced me to a number of cool shopping sites (which I LOVE- cuz I like shopping and I hate- cuz it costs money).

Tasha: Bummer that your scale is all tweaked out - that would drive me insane.

This morning was more of a dog walk than a run due to The Kid banging his finger on our way out the door and then whining about it. I tolerated the whining for about 15 minutes (whining, not real crying) and then I looked at the finger and saw that he did, in fact, break the skin and was bleeding all over the place. So we turned around and headed back home to patch him up. Once cleaned up, I saw that his cuticle was quite dry and that all that blood was basically just from the dry cuticle and his finger was not, as he asserted, going to fall off. This kid can take an elbow to the eye in a soccer game, fall down, roll over and get right back to playing without even losing the ball but he sees a little blood and he's done for.
  • qofsheba
    Options
    worked at home yesterday and got massive amounts of writing done. But better yet I stayed on plan. Really want to break 190 now--a weight I haven't been under in a long (LONG) time. Hearing all the dog stories makes me miss our Simon, a weird mix of husky and lab with husky personality and behavior. But I'm enjoying empty-nest freedom too much for now.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    Monday check-in 2394 burned and no food logged (*hangs head in shame*). Ex was P90X video for back and biceps. The movie last night was good but long. 2.5 hours of sitting was hard. Today I feel like crap - TOM started :( Needless to say, I'm a bit cranky. I'm not even going to try to log today - I'd probably punch the phone or laptop. At least season 2 of the League will be tonight so I'll be laughing...

Amy and Lacey - I love Frambois beer!!!

Great job to all who lost. To those that didn't, each day is a new day - we can do this together!!!
  • treehugginpam
    treehugginpam Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm spending way too much time on MFP lately and I've noticed a couple of things I want to get your opinions on.

1.) There seem to be plenty of people out there in the MFP world "starving themselves" and continuing to lose weight. Looking at people's diaries it's not uncommon for me to see people eating 900 - 1200 calories and then exercising and burning off 500 - 1200 calories. Isn't this extremely unhealthy? I thought that if you created such a huge deficit that your body would revolt and not lose weight quickly, but this doesn't seem to be the case for a lot of people. What happens when they reach their goal weight? Won't it be harder to maintain? Even if these people exercise, aren't they losing muscle as well as fat, since they're not giving their body enough nutrients to run on? I can't stop wondering about that when I watch Biggest Loser too...they are working out for like 8 hours per day and showing massive weight losses, so you know they've also got to be "starving" themselves, yet they lose weight consistently and a lot of them keep it off years later. What's up with that?

2.) Someone posted a topic on the boards today asking if people track their sugar intake and if so, how much do they allow themselves. I don't track my sugar because I was frustrated at how little MFP allows -- one greek yogurt and some fruit and you're out -- so I just figured I wouldn't worry about it. This topic caused me to look up what the recommended daily allowance for sugar is though and, although the articles said not to worry too much about natural sugar, the verdict is that women should only have 20g total per day! What? I looked at my diary and I'm getting WAY more than that, even though I don't eat the processed, high fructose stuff. Yikes. Do you all track sugar? If so, has it made a difference in your weight loss?
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Pam: I've seen the "starving themselves" people around MFP. It isn't a healthy way to lose weight but it can work (and obviously does). People who are not eating enough calories don't lose just fat but also muscle tissue. My only answer to the Biggest Loser people is that they must switch to a more reasonable maintenance plan once they lose all their weight in order to maintain their loss. I don't know though, it's really irritating for those of us who try to lose weight the healthy way to watch people do it in an unhealthy manner. I don't track sugar. I tried it for a while but MFP doesn't differentiate between added sugars (which should be eliminated as much as possible from a healthy diet) and naturally occurring milk and fruit sugars. That irritates the crap out of me so I just try to avoid added sugar and ignore the numbers.

Victoria: The movie was 2 and a half hours? My attention span can't handle those kind of movies.

Sheba: You'll get under 190 in no time!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    269604543_y8iine4y_b.jpg268091036_v0UfIdmB_b.jpg
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Jen: Great job on no sweets! That's awesome!!!

Kendal: The Batgirl costume is adorable and you rock it!! I can't wait to see pics of it all together!!

Rikki: Boo. I'm sorry your husband is being deployed -- but I really appreciate his service.

Tasha: My scale was stuck at 212 FOR-EVER. I was obviously losing weight, my clothes were falling off, but no scale movement. Then I got on the scale at my mom's house and I had lost over 13 lb!! Damn scale was broken! Check out another scale so you can get an accurate assessment of how broken yours is. :)

Kerry: I am totally with you on the afternoon workouts. I have a plan....with some padding...don't mess with that. But then, life happens, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I am looking forward to hearing how your 13.1 run goes. and 9 miles in 90 minutes!?!? HOLEY CRAP!!

Navallez: Great loss!! Wowie!!

Nava: I have started pre-planning my meals out too... I have to start early and tell my self, "No bread....no bread...no bread." It doesn't always work.

Annette: 9 for 9 on food choices and reading!! You are rockin' this girl! Almost 10% done!

Jessi: I feel that way about my job some days too...but my job is with my offspring...so I cant really quit or look for another one. We do have arguments over what the client wants though, and it usually ends with me saying something like, "I am handing you what you wanted! Why are you arguing with me about this?" LOL

Hosanna: I would love to have a fitness guru in my family....but instead, my dad is a cross between John Wayne and the Marlboro Man. He is 6'7" and weighs almost 195 lb. Unfortunately, I get my genetic disposition from the women on HIS side...of which I am the smallest by over 100 lb. His weight -loss plan for me: eat less food. Thanks, Dad. On the other hand, though, he has been one of my best cheerleaders through all of this. He never misses an opportunity to tell me he can see the difference. :heart: my daddy. My mom has also been a huge help to me. She is tiny by nature but joined MFP to support me. In the process, she lost another 20 lb that she didn't have to lose, and is now putting a couple of those back on. (Why did I tell you all of that? I dunno. Oh! You're dad, the fitness guy...that's right.)

Lacey: You are doing a great job on your running!! As for pants, I wear the cotton stretch pants I bought at Target for $6. They work great!! I am looking forward to some real runner's pants someday, but I don't feel like a real runner yet. Maybe for Christmas? I dunno. And yes, I have some of the soundtrack to Sherlock Holmes on my iPod for running. It hits me around 6 miles and it is perfect!! I love it.

Amy: I am so excited about your brother. My husband's best friend is 650 lb and I am just waiting for the call one day that he isn't with us anymore. I wish there was something more we could do -- but there just isn't until he's ready. But, your brother gives me hope. Great job on the 2lb loss!! Vacay weight seems to come off a little faster than regular weight, I think. And about the finger, you have to remember that he is a boy -- going to be a man -- and they like to whine for attention. :bigsmile:

Pam: I am one of those people that burns what they put in. I, in general, eat between 900 and 1400 calories per day. On long run days, I burn about 2100-2500 cals and only eat about 1500-1900...because I am not hungry. I eat quality food, providing what my body needs: protein, good fats, *some* carbs, etc, but I don't eat just to eat. I eat what I know I need, and I eat slowly. When I'm full, I stop. (most of the time) I have been doing this for 126 days and I was only hungry for the first 3 days. I am sure that I am going to get in trouble for admitting to this, but it seems to be working for me. I am losing fat, gaining muscle, my endurance is through the roof in comparison to what it was when I started. I guess I believe my body will tell me when I need more food, and some days, it does. And I eat more -- when I know there is a reason...not because I just feel like it. But I don't track my sugar intake. I don't eat a ton of processed sugar, and I know what I do eat is natural sugars, so I just don't track it. I did have to track my sodium though...because if it wasn't socially frowned upon, I would have a salt-lick hanging around my neck. Yum. :)

As for me: Well, it's been a week to forget around here. Busy does not describe it. I have been operating for 20-hour days for about a week and a half and I finally caught a cold because of it. Bummer. Yesterday was the worst, I think, as I feel much better today. Today is another long one, but tomorrow will be restful -- except for the 11 miles I have to run. My last long run before my race is on Saturday, and that one is 10 miles. Then, down to 4-6 Mon, Tues, Wed, and 3 miles or less on Thurs & Fri. Saturday...no running ( that will feel strange.) Then Sunday is the day. Eeek.

My friend was moved from ICU to a skilled nursing facility yesterday. She is going to need extensive physical therapy until she can operate her limbs again. She is really struggling mentally with this. Your continued thoughts and prayers are appreciated.

My baby turned two yesterday. :noway: When did THAT happen?! She is almost completely potty trained (YIPPEE!) and is one of the sweetest little pieces of sunshine you ever did meet. There is a reason we call her Twinkle.

Wiggle, on the other hand, is having a difficult time with my current crazy schedule. And, though he turns 5 at the end of the month, he is acting a lot like his sister. Methinks it's time to refocus meself... He is doing great in school, but when he's at home, it is a constant battle - and that is very unlike him.

Well, time for me to prep the lesson for Mom's Group. I will catch up with you girls later today. TTYL!!
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Pam, there are a lot of people on here who are starving themselves, and then there are a lot of extremely overweight people on here, like me, who, when focused on eating healthy, can't seem to get themselves up to the amount that MFP expects. I try my best to make sure my intake is at least 1200 calories (better yet, 1500), but my burns are always over 1000. MFP has expected me to eat 2000 calories to lose 1.5lbs, and I can rarely make that much, let alone another 1000 calories. What I've heard from a lot of people that I talk with is that the smaller you are, the closer you have to come to MFPs guidelines to keep the weight moving healthfully. The more fat you have, the more you can deviate, especially if you're working out. I don't now how accurate any of that is because everyone's body is different and reacts differently to eating/exercise, but it's working for me, and it's been easier than any "diet" I've ever done before.

BTW: MFP just dropped my allowance from 2000 to 1800, so I guess I'll be a little closer to goal intake from now on...before exercise calories, that is :wink: