What do you have for breakfast????

Options
13»

Replies

• FauxNinja
    Options
    About 4 or 5 times a week, I have oatmeal. Not the Quaker Easy Prep crap. 5 to 10 grain. Cook it slow with Dried Cherries, and Pecans. Little margarine and some Splenda Brown Sugar on top. Every Saturday Morning. Then put the balance in ZipLoc containers for work the following week. Around 350 caloris a serving. Fills me up all morning.

On the remaining days, it is usually a scrambled egg with some kind of leftover in it.
  • MrsLVF
    MrsLVF Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    5:30 am 2 jimmy dean turkey sausage patties. (microwave 50 seconds) 120 calories

8:30 am 1 scoop eas vanilla protein powder made with black coffee (good hot, or cold) 130 calories-
    I have coffee every morning & just save at least 6oz of coffee & to make a shake at night so i can just grab & go in the morning
  • cherryObebe
    Options
    I usually do 1 of 2 things...

1) Cherry Pie Oats - OMGosh, so good!
    Put a pot on the stove with the right amount of water in it and turn to high. While I am waiting for that to boil, I take out some dark sweet unsweetened cherries from the freezer and put 1/4 in each of my serving bowls to thaw. Make myself a cup of coffee. By this time, my water is usually boiling and I dump in my steel cut oats, drop the temp to a simmer, cover and put the timer on 25 min. During this time I can take a shower and get dressed, etc. When the oats are ready, pour them over the cherries, add a tsp of pure vanilla extract and dust with some cinnamon. Mix & serve! Super delicious and super healthy! I believe they have microwave steel cut oats too, if you wanted to go that route.

205 calories
    3 g fat
    .5 g saturated fat
    0 mg cholesterol
    0 mg sodium
    34 g carbohydrates
    6 g dietary fiber
    4 g sugars
    7 g protein
    0% vitamin A
    4% vitamin C
    2% calcium
    10% iron

2) Spray a saute pan with high heat canola spray over medium heat. Crack one egg white plus one whole egg (break yolk) into cold pan. Season with a dash of sea salt and couple of dashes of pepper. Throw in 1/3 cup of baby spinach and about 1/4 cup of diced fresh tomato. Sprinkle with garlic powder. Flip so both sides get cooked. Fold in half and serve with 3 slices of avocado (or you could do guacamole but it might have more sodium, etc) inside. You will find the calories so low that you could even add in a slice of toast! It is delish!

156 calories
    10 g fat
    3 g saturated fat
    1 g polyunsaturated fat
    6 g monounsaturated fat
    215 mg cholesterol
    287 mg sodium
    380 mg potassium
    12 g carbohydrates
    3 g dietary fibers
    1 g sugars
    14 g protein
    34% vitamin A
    25% vitamin C
    5% calcium
    14% iron
  • jennistokes
    jennistokes Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Lately its been all about oats for me! 1/2 cup quick oats, 1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze. 3/4 water. Top with some almonds and cinnamon. So satisfying!

On the weeks I let myself 'splurge' a bit and have a 0% greek yogurt with fresh fruit and honey. I've been loving peaches right now!

I'm definitely a sweet breakfast eater!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    peanut butter and banana sammich!! make the night before, and wrap it up and put it in the fridge.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I boiled a couple of eggs last night and had some oatmeal at my desk. Tonight I scrambled eggs and will have that and some more oatmeal. Sometimes I get crazy and add some fruit. Good luck!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana and some sort of protein bar, but I'm going to start replacing the protein bar with 2 hard boiled eggs as of tomorrow :bigsmile:
  • eviltwinkie
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs, FF cottage cheese with stevia, lemon, and frozen blueberries. That's been my 'quick no cook' breakfast fav for awhile. And coffee with unsweetened coconut milk. I also do some protein bars off and on, when there's really no time. Usually have a small apple with it or an egg. Making bran and fruit muffins and immediately freezing them is good - just warm up in the micro.

Eggs in a cup in the micro, then tossed in a tortilla can also be quick. You don't have to watch it. :)
  • mrsredneckmorris
    mrsredneckmorris Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    1/2 c cottage cheese and 6 slices of Peaches (from a can when out of season - no sugar added, packed in water)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    My kids take like 12 years to eat a bowl of cereal. In that time I can scramble a couple of eggs.
  • pandasand
    pandasand Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hardboiled extra large grade AA egg and 2 cups of fat free milk. Super high in protein, delicious, and keeps me full until past noon.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I typically have one of several choices:

1) Chobani Greek Yogurt
    2) El Monterey Breakfast Wrap
    3) Power Crunch Protein Bar
    4) Protein shake (either Premier Protein RTD or one made with Champion Whey Stack protein powder)
    5) Cottage Cheese and fruit

I like to have a combination of protein & carbs in the morning so I get some immediately energy, and some long term energy to keep me going throughout the day. Some days I'll have two of these if I'm especially hungry.
  • AVinmill
    AVinmill Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is my pre-workout since I workout in the mornings and it varies depending on what time i drag myself out of bed. I usually try to eat it about an hour before and it's usually one of 2 choices. It is either

3 to 4 egg whites with 1 whole egg fried up in 1tbsp of olive oil on whole wheat toast with skim mozzarella cheese and a small squirt of ketchup

or

1 cup of oats with cinnimon and milk and add a protein shake to that too.

Post workout, about 2 hours after breakfast comes breakfast #2. I add another 400ish calories with a home made oatmeal bar with some honey and PB in it and another protein shake.

I usually get a bit less than half my calories by 9am.
  • sally2303
    sally2303 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I will have one of these for breakfast:

2x poached eggs on one slice mulitgrain toast with low fat cottage cheese
    OR
    2 Weetbix with no fat milk, a sliced up banana and a small teaspoon of sugar or sugar replacement
    OR
    Quick rolled oats made up with water, a little bit of milk to soften, dob of no fat yoghurt, sprinkle of cinnamon and some sunflower seeds. If I have any fruit handy I will add this too if I am hungry.
    OR
    Replacement shake (if I am really stretched for time only)