SHADES OF BROWN (CLOSED GROUP)

Options

Replies

• dutchess48
    Options
    I am so proud of all of you ladies and I'm excited to start week 2! This challenge is perfect timing for me since I have been struggling with cravings this week. I'm very lucky to have friends at home who encourage me in this journey, some even joining in. However, the support I have gotten on this site especially from you ladies has been magical. Never have I been able to talk about my weight loss so frankly with out fear of not being understood. thank you all for your support and encouragement it's made a huge difference.

9j26hd.jpg

Coconut Chicken Salad with Warm Honey Mustard Vinaigrette
    Gina's Weight Watcher Recipes
    Servings: 3 • Serving Size: salad with 2 chicken tenders • Points: 8 pts • Points+: 8 pts
    Calories: 397.6 • Fat: 11.0 g • Protein: 26.8 g • Carb: 32.5 g • Fiber: 4.4 g • Sugar: 10

6 (about 12 oz) chicken tenderloins
    6 tbsp shredded coconut
    1/4 cup panko crumbs
    2 tbsp crushed cornflake crumbs
    1/3 cup egg substitute or egg whites
    pinch salt
    olive oil spray
    6 cups mixed baby greens
    3/4 cup shredded carrots
    1 large tomato, sliced
    1 small cucumber, sliced

Vinaigrette
    1 tbsp oil
    1 tbsp honey
    1 tbsp white vinegar (balsamic would work too)
    2 tsp dijon mustard

Whisk all vinaigrette ingredients; set aside.

Preheat oven to 375°.

Combine coconut flakes, panko, cornflake crumbs and salt in a bowl. Put egg whites or egg beaters in another bowl.

Lightly season chicken with salt. Dip the chicken in the egg, then in the coconut crumb mixture. Place chicken on a cookie sheet lined with parchment for easy cleanup. Lightly spray with olive oil spray and bake for 30 minutes turning halfway, or until chicken is cooked through.

Place 2 cups baby greens on each plate. Divide carrots, cucumber, tomato evenly between each plate. When chicken is ready slice on the diagonal and place on top of greens. Heat dressing in the microwave a few seconds and divide equally between each salad; a little over 1 tbsp each.

Enjoy Ladies!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Start the day right with quick and easy breakfast

1 cup 1% Milk
    3/4 cup Plain Instant Oatmeal
    1/2 cup Blue or Blackberries
    1 teaspoon Honey
    1 teaspoon ground Flaxseed
    Dash of Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and nuke for 2 minutes.
    Per serving: 459 calories 19g protein 70g carbohydrates 9g fat 2g saturated 9g fiber 132mg sodium
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Ladies, I hope everyone is ready for week two. I will push and challenge myself this week. The water intake is getting so much better. Hope everyone have a Blessed Day. I don't like yogurt but this is pretty good.

Nilla Yogurt Freeze
    2 reduced fat nilla wafers
    2 Tbsp. thawed cool whip lite topping
    2 Tbsp. strawberry low-fat yogurt

Place 1 of the wafers on bottom of one paper-lined muffin cup: top with combined whipped topping and yogurt.
    Cover with remaining wafer.
    Freeze 1 hour or until firm.
    Substitute any yogurt that is your favorite.
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!!!

Congratulations Team Gamma!!!! and of course Kudos to our top 5 members:
    Asaxe23, chunkee1, Dutchess48, FitMama1982, and Jdso63!!!!! Great Job!!!! :drinker:

Have a Great Week!!!!
  • Starkle09
    Starkle09 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Good moring everyone! Looking forward to week 2. My personal challenge for this week is to get in 2 hours of running.

Wild Blackened Catfish

teaspoon olive oil
    4 fillets wild caught catfish
    blackened seasoning (try Cajun's Choice)
    1 lemon, sliced
    Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a glass pan.
    Coat the catfish fillets in the olive oil. Generously apply the seasoning to both sides of each fillet.
    Line the fillets in prepared pan, and top with sliced lemon.
    Bake for 25-30 minutes, until flaky.
    Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 160 calories, 9g fat, 120mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 17g protein.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    Hi ladies

my personal goal is to drink a lot of water. I'm starting to slack off on this and my workouts. Have to work on this!
  • Jds063
    Jds063 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I hope everybody has a good Week 2!!! ^_^
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Start the day right with quick and easy breakfast

1 cup 1% Milk
    3/4 cup Plain Instant Oatmeal
    1/2 cup Blue or Blackberries
    1 teaspoon Honey
    1 teaspoon ground Flaxseed
    Dash of Cinnamon

Mix all ingredients in microwave safe bowl and nuke for 2 minutes.
    Per serving: 459 calories 19g protein 70g carbohydrates 9g fat 2g saturated 9g fiber 132mg sodium

I eat mine just like this minus the milk and honey!!! Love it!!!
  • leeslim4life
    leeslim4life Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Good Morning my Shades of Brown Divas...
    Weekly Challenge for me is to get 22.5 miles in this week. (Mon-Sun)

I am not a cook but, enjoy fast and easy healthy snacks:

Lettuce Wraps:

From a head of lettuce take a leaf off, scoop a Table spoon of Tuna and add a slice of avocado, wrap it up an Enjoy!!!
    (you may also add a dressing if you like)
    I normally have 2 of these and am satisfied!!!

Ladies thank you for sharing your recipes they sound delicious!!!
    Have a Fabulous Day!!!
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!
    Challenge for this week: At least four days of stregnth training and stay out of high sodium range.
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get 50 lunges today. 25 each leg, 50 air cycles wednesday, and 50 push ups thursday and 50 jump n jacks on friday. Gotta change it up. I also plan to eat healthy home cooked meals and snacks.
  • peachlow
    Options
    Beginning Weight this week= 189.4lbs :yawn:
    (just a FYI...)

Goat this week 100% commitment in this Challenge...no excuses....have a blessed day everyone

My recipe...I love oatmeal raisin cookies and since winter is coming up..thought it would be a great holiday season snack..

Prep Time: 20 mins
    Total Time: 28 mins
    Servings: 24 cookies
    CARB GRAMS PER SERVING: 12

Butter Rum Oatmeal Cookies

Ingredients

Butter-flavor nonstick cooking spray
    6 tablespoons lower-fat stick margarine
    1/2 cup packed brown sugar*
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1 tablespoon light-color corn syrup
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 teaspoon butter flavoring
    1/4 teaspoon rum flavoring
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    3/4 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup raisins

Directions

1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly coat two cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. In a medium bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon, and baking soda; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined. Stir in corn syrup, vanilla, butter flavoring, and rum flavoring.

2 Using a wooden spoon, stir flour into margarine mixture. Stir in oats and raisins. Drop dough by rounded teaspoons, 2 inches apart, on prepared cookie sheets.

3 Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Transfer cookies to wire racks; cool.
    Makes 24 cookies

Nutrition Facts Per Serving:

Servings: 24 cookies
    Calories67
    Total Fat (g)1
    Sodium (mg)36
    Carbohydrate (g)12
    Protein (g)1
    Diabetic Exchanges
    Other Carbohydrates (d.e.)1
  • sassieatl
    sassieatl Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey Shades of Brown Divas, I hope everyone is doing well and pressing forward. It has been a challenging week for me so far, but I am determine not to give up. Congrats to the week 1 winners. Let's get it SIGMAS!!!

Baked Citrus Herb Salmon

Ingredients
    Cooking spray
    (1 ) 3 1/2-poundsalmon fillet
    1 tsp. Sea salt
    1/2 tsp. Black Pepper; freshly ground
    2 Tbsp. Lemon Rind; grated
    1 Tbsp. orange rind; grated
    10 fresh chives
    4 sprigsthyme
    4 sprigs oregano
    4 sprigs tarragon
    10 1/8-inch slices lemon; (about 1 lemon)

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. 2. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; coat foil with cooking spray. 3. Sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper. Combine rinds; spread over fish. Arrange chives, thyme, oregano, and tarragon horizontally across fish. Arrange lemon slices on top of herbs. 4. Place fish on prepared pan. Cover with foil; seal. Bake for 30 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve warm or at room temperature.
    Notes
    Makes 10 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces salmon). Nutritional values per serving: 213 calories (41 percent from fat), 9.8g fat, 28.9g protein, 0.4g carbohydrate, 0.2g fiber, 75mg cholesterol, 0.5mg iron, 292mg sodium and 17mg calcium.
  • nellyb2011
    nellyb2011 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hi all i am late and trying to figure this out. Will do better for my team to stay on top of things here on out.

SW: 9/26/2011- 191.6
    10/1/2011- 188.8
    CW: 10/5/2011- 187
    Goal: 182 by end of 10 week challenge but I know I can do better than that if I put the work in.

My personal challenge this week is to drink 128 oz of water

Workout for 60 mins or more per day Cardio, Circuit training,(strength) weight training- 3 times a week, and zumba

will Keep My Carbs Under 125 per day
    My personal challenge this week is to drink 128 oz of water

Workout for 60 mins or more per day Cardio, Circuit trainging, weight training, etc

Keep My Carbs Under 125
  • sassieatl
    Options
    Does anyone know what happen to our Shades of Brown Challenge signature? Has it been removed? Or is it just me...lol
  • sassieatl
    Options
    okay...just tried another groups logo and it worked...so it is just the SIGMA group logo not working...**sniff sniff**
  • sgirl29
    sgirl29 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hey Shades of Brown Diva’s! We’re nearing the end of week 2 and I’m excited. I’ve been consistent on my goal this week of 100 kettle bell swings daily. OK here’s the recipe that I’m sharing.

HEALTHY FRUITY SMOOTHIE
    "A blend of strawberries, blueberries, bananas, orange juice and the creaminess of yogurt."
    Prep time: 10 minutes Servings: 4

INGREDIENTS:
    1 cup strawberries, hulled
    1/3 cup frozen blueberries
    2 bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
    1/2 cup orange juice
    1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
    1 tablespoon soy milk powder

DIRECTIONS:
    Combine strawberries, blueberries, bananas, orange juice, yogurt, and soy milk powder in a blender. Blend until smooth, then pour into glasses and serve.

NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION
    Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155 | Total Fat: 2.2g | Cholesterol: 6m

GO BETA!! :)
  • Stephiede
    Stephiede Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello Shades of Brown Ladies,

Hope all is going well. Weigh in tomorrow and I can't wait. One of my personal goals was not to step on the scale until weigh in day. So far so good. I can't wait to see what the scale says. I'll take the good with the bad. I'm just so proud of myself for not letting the scale control me. Hope everyone continues to enjoy their day. Let's Go ALPHAS!!!
  • suthernbelle
    suthernbelle Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    265 CALORIE JERK CHICKEN

Another excellent recipe by Ellie Krieger.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/chicken-with-jerk-sauce-and-cool-pineapple-salsa-recipe/index.html

Ingredients
    For the salsa:

1 tablespoon honey
    1 tablespoon lime juice
    1 cup finely diced pineapple
    1/3 cup finely diced, seeded English cucumber
    1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves

For the chicken:

4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
    4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 5 ounces each, pounded to 1/2-inch thick
    1 cup chopped scallions (about 6 scallions)
    1/2 Scotch bonnet or habanero chile pepper, seeded and finely minced (wear gloves when handling)
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, or 1/4 teaspoon ground
    1 teaspoon allspice
    1 1/2 teaspoons fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
    1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
    2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
    2 tablespoons lime juice

Directions

For the salsa:

In a small bowl whisk together the honey and the lime juice. Combine the pineapple, cucumber and mint in a medium bowl, pour the dressing over and toss to combine. Set aside.

For the chicken:

Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.

Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil to the pan. Stir in the scallions, pepper, garlic, ginger, allspice, and thyme. Cook for 30 seconds over a medium heat. Add the chicken broth and soy sauce and cook until liquid is reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Stir in the lime juice. Put the chicken back in the pan and coat well with the sauce.

Serve with the pineapple salsa.

Yield: 4 servings (1 serving is 1 chicken breast, 2 tablespoons of sauce and 1/3 cup of salsa)
  • dutchess48
    Options
    SIGMA"S Heres your new signature ! Don't know why it messed up but I'm changing all signature pictures over to photo bucket so give me time for the others.

SIGMA.jpg

make sure to change the to lower case[img][/img]