(OPEN) 21 Days No Junk Food Challenge!

Options

Replies

• hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    In! I use leftover calories as an excuse to eat crap too often...I won't be excluding natural peanut butter (like some of you) because sometimes I just *need* the protein and fat it provides in a convenient form. I'm a total sucker for the processed kind though...I will be avoiding that one for sure.

Both excited and scared....I'm pretty much addicted to anything processed and carb-y, like sugar and white bread D:
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I would like to be in please, although I have never done a challenge before, so what happens and how do you keep each other posted?

Going to be hard as I have two birthday dinners (including mine) in this month! ie for the desserts!!

Also the peanut butter, as I have a terrible issue with that too haha so maybe its a blessing in disguise!

x
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    so what happens and how do you keep each other posted?

Basically, I will open a new thread around the 9th for this challenge and it will then become closed (no new members past the start date). I will link to it here, so it will be easy to find!
    :wink:

You can check into that thread as often as you like, sharing how your progress is going and any struggles and/or triumphs you may have.
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    Ok thanks alot. Looking forward to it :)
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    :heart: PRE-CHALLENGE TIP: Please don't use the last few days before this challenge begins as an excuse to overeat on junk food! That is not the point of this challenge. Just continue to eat as usual (everything in moderation) until you begin the challenge.

I only mention this because I have done that before. :embarassed: If I know that come a specific date, I am going to be restricting certain foods from my diet, my first thought has always been to start cramming as much of the "forbidden" foods into my mouth as possible before that day.

However... this is obviously counterproductive. And this is just a challenge, this is not "NEVER EVER EAT THESE FOODS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" It's only 21 days.

We can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I'm in....but I'll be eating natural peanut butter
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I want in!
  • FitJ1210
    FitJ1210 Posts: 754
    Options
    I think I might give it a shot? PNB and sweet breads are my down fall.. We have two loaves of BB bread given to us yesterday sitting on the kitchen counter. Lots of descussion on PNB.. is it allowed in this challenge?
  • estelle74uk
    Options
    :heart: PRE-CHALLENGE TIP: Please don't use the last few days before this challenge begins as an excuse to overeat on junk food! That is not the point of this challenge. Just continue to eat as usual (everything in moderation) until you begin the challenge.

We can do it! :flowerforyou:

haha i have done this before!!
  • VeganGal84
    Options
    Lots of descussion on PNB.. is it allowed in this challenge?

If it's a health food for you (as in, do you choose natural PB? Can you eat it in moderation?) then peanut butter is allowed. :happy:

It's become such a staple for me, and I think that I've been overeating it some days, and for me, it will be a good challenge to give it up for 21 days, even though I don't agree that it's a junk food. I hope that made sense!

To each their own, regarding the list. Basically, whatever you consider to be a junk food, stay away from it for 21 days!
  • deedeefelldown
    deedeefelldown Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in. Junk food is my downfall. Hopefully this will work in preventing me from eating crap.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    Lots of descussion on PNB.. is it allowed in this challenge?

If it's a health food for you (as in, do you choose natural PB? Can you eat it in moderation?) then peanut butter is allowed. :happy:

It's become such a staple for me, and I think that I've been overeating it some days, and for me, it will be a good challenge to give it up for 21 days, even though I don't agree that it's a junk food. I hope that made sense!

To each their own, regarding the list. Basically, whatever you consider to be a junk food, stay away from it for 21 days!

I do eat natural... but go over board with it moderation/ daily limit is the key.....thanks!
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    oops.... I'm in :smile:
  • kkpo
    kkpo Posts: 9
    Options
    I am totally in! Despite the fact that I've been staying under my calorie goals I haven't been eating healthily, which makes me feel disgusting even when I'm losing weight. I'm going to start now and go til the 30th.

Also, I'm a total peanut butter addict! Friend me if you like to see progress.
  • msstillion79
    Options
    I am in but i need someone to keep me accountable Why i say that is i said to my family that there is no fast food and junk food all month and it is day four and i have stopped and got fast food I forgot how do i remember my own choices its so hard I need someone to remind me the bad thing is they didnt ask but they didnt say anything till we ate our mcdonald hamburgers and wendys fries AHHHHHHHH:sad:
  • melsy78
    melsy78 Posts: 65
    Options
    I'm in! I need to give my weightloss a good kick start and this should do it!!
    My weakness is snacking on junk that I get my hubby to go and buy for me after the kids are in bed.

Also buying fast food when I'm tired and have had a long (and stressful) day and feel too tired and worn out to cook.
  • FitJ1210
    Options
    If anyone is interested ? Here is a link to a late nite snacking accountability thread. I do at least 80% of my junk eating at night in front of the TV and its helping.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/357023-october-2011-no-late-night-wise-choice-snacking?page=1#posts-4869873
  • krs5201
    krs5201 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm in. It'll be tough though. I do eat peanut butter occasionally, because I'm a kinda broke college student lol so I'm going to limit that to 3 times in 21 days.

Does anyone have any suggestions for GOOD white bread substitute? I can do wheat occasionally but my favorite bread is D'Italiano and I literally crave it.
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    You can count me in. I'm addicted to chips once I start I can finish a whole large bag.
  • skinnnyxoxo
    skinnnyxoxo Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
    I'm going to start on the 9th though :P