Any Metal Heads on here?

Options
Lookin for Fellow Metal heads. Add me if your out there!

Replies

• cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've just recently gotten into it. It's really great to study to and work out to.
  • CindyC72
    CindyC72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me!
  • sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have the new Anthrax album. Does that count?
  • JennJayBee
    JennJayBee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love it, and my 5 y/o daughter loves it, too! (She has awesome taste!)
  • Nancydrewblood
    Options
    Big metal head here!
  • stevenf895
    Options
    My first concert was Black Sabbath in 1975. Been a metal head ever since.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    \m/ All day. \m/

Metal thread is worthless without metal discussion: who is everyone listening to?
  • piperjon
    piperjon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Moshed at Slipknot and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Disturbed and Drowning Pool with the guys from both bands, and lived to tell about it...
    Moshed at Revolting C*cks and Ministry, and well, I didn't exactly live to tell about it, but I got a cool scar.
    Moshed at Five Finger Death Punch and found out I only need four.
    Moshed at Rob Zombie and WHAT THE H*LL WAS THAT???

Wanna mosh at Nine Inch Nails, Marilyn Manson, Mushroomhead, and pretend to fit in at Lacuna Coil before i finally do die in the pit. I'm only 45, there's still time.

Nope, no metalheads here...

>:-)

\m/ Pj \m/

(Edited to add the cool horns I stole from AlSalzman...thanks for those!

Peej
  • CindyC72
    CindyC72 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    \m/ All day. \m/

Metal thread is worthless without metal discussion: who is everyone listening to?

Static X, Five Finger Death Punch, Rob Zombie/White Zombie, and pretty much everything from the 70's to now.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if MSI counts, but holy hell do I love working out to it. Also love Deathklok, it's good for a mid-run giggle. Otep gets me rawring on the elliptical, great energy. Recently starting throwing on Manson for running, still developing an opinion on working-out-friendlyness. Works great in a playlist though. And always up for new artists :)
    I would have Maynard's babies. Just saying. Great stuffs.

piperjon - No more time to mosh to NIN, Trent's moved on *wails in despair*
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    **** yeah. Listening to the new Opeth CD in the car today, not as much metal as before but some amazing prog rock stuff going on.

Looking forward to the new Mastodon!
  • countinonme
    Options
    Nuttin better to work with!!!
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Recently at the gym it's been:

Municipal waste
    Shattered Realm
    Slayer
    Weedeater
    death threat
    Ensiferum
    Nachtmystium
    Acid Bath

oh and can't forget pig destroyer!
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    **** yeah. Listening to the new Opeth CD in the car today, not as much metal as before but some amazing prog rock stuff going on.

Looking forward to the new Mastodon!

Opeth are superior musicians. blackwater park is still one of my favs. Haven't really heard anything by mastodon since leviathan, but noticed they got someone else to do the artwork for their new record.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    how is the new anthrax anyways?
  • brianward81
    brianward81 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've been into alot of "djent" bands lately; Tesseract, Periphery, Monuments, Vildhjarta, etc... Can't get enough of the awesome riffs, time signatures, etc... very cool.
  • Right here. I love metal. Lately I've been listening to Cradle of Filth, Suffocation, Alabama Thunder*****, Opeth, Devildriver, Morbid Angel and Kylesa.
  • AlSalzman
    AlSalzman Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Weedeater
    So much win.

Been on a harder rock / stoner riffs kinda kick lately, not coincidentally lots of Small Stone Records bands on this list:
    Lo-Pan (best.band.ever.)
    Freedom Hawk
    Gozu
    Sasquatch
    Scissorfight (prepare to be offended)
    Fu Manchu (first three albums own my face... after that, meh...)

The new Mastodon is... different. I kinda liked'em better when they shouted and screamed a lot.

Everyone download a free EP from my buddy Dan's band, Wizard Smoke: http://www.wizardsmoke.net/ seven-minute sludge screamers. Heavy.
    Also, Low Gravity from Denver: free EP link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYTGLTLU

Rawk.
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    Weedeater
    So much win.

Been on a harder rock / stoner riffs kinda kick lately, not coincidentally lots of Small Stone Records bands on this list:
    Lo-Pan (best.band.ever.)
    Freedom Hawk
    Gozu
    Sasquatch
    Scissorfight (prepare to be offended)
    Fu Manchu (first three albums own my face... after that, meh...)

The new Mastodon is... different. I kinda liked'em better when they shouted and screamed a lot.

Everyone download a free EP from my buddy Dan's band, Wizard Smoke: http://www.wizardsmoke.net/ seven-minute sludge screamers. Heavy.
    Also, Low Gravity from Denver: free EP link http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IYTGLTLU

Rawk.

scissorfight is awesome. I grew up watching those dudes in the new england area. If you wanna check out some awesome stoner rock check out the following:

Weedeater
    Bongzilla
    ASG
    Black Tusk
    Electric wizard
    Orange Goblin
    The sword
    baroness (not really stoner rock, but awesome none the less)
  • agentmattdionne
    Options
    was cranking alabama thunder*****'s record fulton hill last night while i made this thread :)