New Year, New You Challenge

Options

Replies

• icandothistrish85
    Options
    WooHoo! I am excited for this challenge! I'm Tricia from southern California. I have about 20 more pounds to lose to reach my goal of 175lbs (by my bday in January 2012). I run every weekday morning, strength train 3x per week, practice yoga 2x per week and go hiking once a week. I'm always on my phone, so it's easy for me to be a support buddy on the go! Feel free to add me, on here, facebook, follow me on Twitter, (everything is on my profile) whereever-whenever! LOL Ready for a Rockin' Walkin' October!!
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    It is NEVER too late to join! Welcome to our newest team members! We've got this thing covered! Starting weigh in is on Monday, October 10th!
  • KRISTYK68
    KRISTYK68 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I would love to join!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Excited to have you join us Kristy!!!
  • rolyprince
    rolyprince Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Count me in as well. If that's OK. I'm away in a couple of weeks so I would miss a couple of the early weigh ins but anything that helps me along on this journey I'm up for.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Count me in as well. If that's OK. I'm away in a couple of weeks so I would miss a couple of the early weigh ins but anything that helps me along on this journey I'm up for.

Of course you can join us! We're happy to have you! If you miss a weigh in you just jump back in when you get back!!!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Mediafire is having problems this morning so I moved the banner to a new site. Photobucket has always been rather reliable and I'm not sure why I didn't think of it before.

Here's the new link for the banner...
    MFPNewYearBanner.jpg

REMEMBER: Make sure you make the IMG lower case at the beginning and end of the link!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    We're up to 34 participants! This is so exciting!!!

The Challenge will start on Monday, October 10th and will run for 13 weeks, ending on January 9, 2012! This will get us through the holidays and give us a strong start to the new year.

Weigh-ins will be on Mondays...starting weight on October 10th...weigh in and miles every following Monday!

I can't wait to get this started!!!
  • Charlie175
    Charlie175 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this! I've been stuck at a plateau and quickly losing motivation because of it. I have about 20lbs left that I'd like to drop and this would hopefully get me a lot closer to that! Feel free to add me, looking forward to pressing on and killing this plateau.
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    I would love to be a part of this! I've been stuck at a plateau and quickly losing motivation because of it. I have about 20lbs left that I'd like to drop and this would hopefully get me a lot closer to that! Feel free to add me, looking forward to pressing on and killing this plateau.

Awesome to have you join us! We've got a very energetic...very motivated group so far! We can do this together!!!
  • Leanne169
    Options
    Would love to be in!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    Would love to be in!

I've got you on the spreadsheet! You're trapped now!!! I will send a friend request!
  • Leanne169
    Options
    Really looking forward to it!
  • Beauty0619
    Beauty0619 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    question: will we upload our weight and miles or will we send them to you, gkeith1971?
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    question: will we upload our weight and miles or will we send them to you, gkeith1971?

Either way. Everyone has access to the spreadsheet and anyone who can see it can edit it. I know some people are less comfortable with it then others and I'm more than willing to help them. I will do all of the calculations each week. :-)
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    For anyone who didn't see my earlier post...mediafire which is the site that I had put the banner on is having issues. I'm not sure if it's permanent or not so I put the banner on photobucket. There is a post on the 3rd page with the link so you can save the new link and get rid of the old one. Once mediafire is back up and running I will remove the banner from there so we don't have it in a million places. :-)
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    5 days til kick off! I'm so excited to start this challenge. I know it's a LONG challenge...but I need something long term. I"m doing an awesome 6 week challenge now that I'll be halfway through when we start this one. It'll get me up to Halloween which is like hell for me. I really feel confident that I'm in the right place mentally to do this. And with all of you working on this with me...I KNOW we can do this! Bring on the holidays!!! ;-)
  • zoe4friends
    zoe4friends Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    5 days til kick off! I'm so excited to start this challenge. I know it's a LONG challenge...but I need something long term. I"m doing an awesome 6 week challenge now that I'll be halfway through when we start this one. It'll get me up to Halloween which is like hell for me. I really feel confident that I'm in the right place mentally to do this. And with all of you working on this with me...I KNOW we can do this! Bring on the holidays!!! ;-)

Yes we are all in this together!!! And we can do it!!! I am really excited for this challenge. And I have a 4 day fall break from school so very excited to work out and train myself walking those 175 miles! Good luck to everyone
  • GretchenReine
    Options

Yes we are all in this together!!! And we can do it!!! I am really excited for this challenge. And I have a 4 day fall break from school so very excited to work out and train myself walking those 175 miles! Good luck to everyone

Your 4 day break will be a great chance to get yourself into a routine! I'm jealous...I would so love a 4 day break from work! LOL The 175 miles should be easier for everyone since we added a week to the challenge!
  • GretchenReine
    Options
    The Challenge: 8% weight loss and 175 miles between October 10th and January 9th! We're going to show those holidays whose boss! I'm so ready for this challenge. This is a great support system and a very motivated group!!! We've got this!

4 days til kick off!!!