what would you guys do?

Options

Replies

• Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Eat the cupcake. Orrrr... don't eat the cupcake, wait until she's a teenager and driving you crazy and boys coming over and her period starts and she's no longer your sweet girl baking you a cupcake.

You'll wish you would've eaten the cupcake.

^YES!!!!!!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    you win - the most adorable dilemma of ze day.

*hands you cupcake.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My 11 year old is learning how to bake. I came home from work and was greeted by her beautiful smiling face that just SCREAMED of accomplishment . She grabbed me by the hand and lead me to the kitchen and there in front of me was at least a dozen intricately decorated cupcakes.. She pointed to 2 of them off by themselves and said "I made these ones special for YOU "

Not wanting to ruin the moment I smiled , ate them and raved for the next 20 mins on how they were the best cupcakes i HAVE EVER HAD, how she must have worked sooo hard on them, how proud of herself she must be , etc. As im walking off to my room to get the shorts and tshrt on my 1:1 with "Dr Treadmill" she says..."Im gonna make a cake tommorrow" (sigh)

I guess the extra mins on treadmill are nothing compared to seeing her light up as I complimented her baking but if this keeps up I not sure what Im going to do LOL

And this is why fathers have beer guts ;)

Good thing I'm a grandfather then! :drinker:
  • voluptuous_veggie
    voluptuous_veggie Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Coming home to cupcakes?! This is the first thing that has EVER made me want to reproduce!
  • ahinescapron
    ahinescapron Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I think you have to eat the cupcake. Enjoy every bit of it and remember that it is for your daughter, then work it off at the gym. I don't care how focused I am, I will never turn down a treat made by my child "just for me".
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Eat them and compliment her. Then work your butt off in the gym.

This.
    If you look around you will find sites like this one:
    http://www.joyofbaking.com/healthydesserts/HealthyDessertsandBakingRecipes.html

The trick is to give her the "mission" of making recipes for you that will help you on your mission to stay in shape. Baking is a wonderful pastime, as is making something special for a loved one. However, fulfilling a challenge and "helping" said loved one is even better.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    It's your parental duty to eat her treats (ask her AHEAD of time to make you small ones so you can enjoy them and still not be fat daddy) - and work it off later.

Oh the things we must do for our children :wink:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My dad would have eaten them and my dad is excellent. He still has the ashtray I made him when I was in grade 2. He never smoked, by the way. Such a thoughtful gift.
  • quigonnjae
    Options
    I hope this is clear .. I DID eat it.. however im just looking for advice going forward.... I dont want to be looked on as a "bad dad" LOL
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Your daughter is old enough to understand that treats should be occasional. However, if she wants to bake, find some breakfast muffin recipes with healthy ingredients like flax, carrot, raisins, nuts, etc. You can use honey instead of sugar, applesauce instead of oil, etc. You get a healthy, fibrous, filling breakfast, she gets to mess up the kitchen and develop a sense of accomplishment, not just for baking, but for helping you achieve a healthy lifestyle. And then one day a week can be "bake awesome treats night" with the understanding that they are meant to last the week, and should be shared. She will really like bringing stuff in her school lunch that she made herself.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    This is why I'm not a parent...well, one of the reasons, anyway

Agree....but I do want a cupcake now

^^^^ THIS. AND the cupcake truck is outside. ARGH.
  • ADTeachTX
    ADTeachTX Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    suggest that she make the special cake for her class or for church. that way you aren't eating cake everyday. but I would eat one cupcake and then save the other. I would either eat it another day or throw it away when she wasn't looking. What is most important that you ate at least 1 when she was showing off. But again, I would recommend suggesting to her to bake for some other people as well.
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Eat them and compliment her. Then work your butt off in the gym.

Without a doubt - I agree w/ the above !!!

**Girls with Fathers who boost their self-esteem and confidence ... grow up to be remarkable and independant woman. Maybe next time, offer to help her bake a more "healthy" treat - she'll love the chance to impress you again !!!!
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options

THERE'S A MFING CUPCAKE TRUCK!?!?
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    You have to eat at least one and say you are saving the other to take to work or something like that (even if you don't eat it)

Cook with her so you can offer some healthier choices.

I was going to post this today but figure it kind of fit into this thread.
    My 6 year old started a "cooking" class yesterday after school. Apple crisp was prepared and then sent to be cooked at home. Well apparently when there are twenty 6 year olds in a room you can't watch how much salt every kid adds to their dish. OH MY GOD!!! Instant dry mouth and eye watering!
  • ccyha1
    ccyha1 Posts: 26
    Options
    It's not bad to introduce her to your life of healthy eating. Definitely she can make something pretty as a cupcake from a healthier approach which in the long run will benefit her as she grows older. Go shop for a cook book (if that is what she is using now) that have easy and fun recipes for her age but healthier.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    eat one, factor into your caolries for the day, save one for tomorrow, factor into calories, and next time bake with her and show her healthy recipes?

I agree!
    Agree

I too agree with this idea or I would cut both in half take half of each and give her the other 2 halves and tell her it would make them even more special if she shared them with you.

I like a few of the ideas. either do ^this^
    OR
    eat one working it into your calorie goal, then eat the other the next day working them into your calories
    and then work your buns off.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options

THERE'S A MFING CUPCAKE TRUCK!?!?

MULTIPLE cupcake trucks. For example: http://curbsidecupcakes.com and http://sidewalksweetsations.com
  • felixleveron
    Options
    Thatswhat I was thinking. Teacher her at a young age how to cook healthy. It helps youto learn new recp. She will thank you later in life for the one on one and the eating healthy part.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    AGREE COMPLETELY with the people saying just eat the cupcake! She's too young (I have an 11 year old, too) to have you turn down the results of her hard work! One cupcake is not so bad, and quite easily added into a day, especially if you're working out. She should understand if you have one and not ten at a time, though!