Options

Replies

• ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

I'm 75.08 miles in now :)

"Enter tunnel under hedge to reach The Old Forrest. Path Disappears."

On a side note, we are not too terribly far from needing to start a new thread...when that happens, whoever starts it should send the link to the active ones in this thread so we don't lose the new one!
  • Kalrez
    Kalrez Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    Oh. My. Goodness.

You guys are my heroes!

This has seriously got to be the best thing ever.<3!!
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    I am at 212 miles. I have camped by a stream amung some stunted trees and then woke up to frost! I can see crumbled ruins on the hills ahead. I have 28 miles until Weathertop.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Off the road, heading North into Chetwood.

Glad to be out of Bree... not a good visit. Gandalf stood us up, the inn was attacked, and our ponies were stolen. Only good thing is that we met Strider...
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Glad to be out of Bree... not a good visit. Gandalf stood us up, the inn was attacked, and our ponies were stolen.

Haha, I've never quite thought of it that way! Gandalf did indeed stand you all up.

We just crossed the Stock-brook, still being pursued by a Black Rider. O.O
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I saw this thread is older and there are indeed tickers. I've never made or added one to my sig. How do I get one for the first part of the trip?

There are a couple of sites that provide code for free tickers. Personally, I like www.lilyslim.com; it is easier and more reliable for me to update my ticker there. When you sign up, you will title your ticker and put in the total distance, etc. for whatever leg of the road you are undertaking.

Welcome!

Right now I am in the company of elves traveling towards Woody End. Maybe I'll make it there tomorrow!

Thank you! I made one on Ticker Factory but will give Lily Slim a look, too! =D
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Glad to be out of Bree... not a good visit. Gandalf stood us up, the inn was attacked, and our ponies were stolen.

Haha, I've never quite thought of it that way! Gandalf did indeed stand you all up.

Gandalf is that friend that says he's going to show up for your party, but always ends up having something better to do.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    1150341449762.jpg?1240350353
  • MJKing2
    MJKing2 Posts: 177
    Options
    Oh I'm IN! Fabulous idea. :) I just love the amazing display for geekery! People after my own <3! :smile:
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Gandalf is that friend that says he's going to show up for your party, but always ends up having something better to do.

Right? And then, he puts you through thinking that he's bought the farm and turns up later to save your butt. What is that all about?
  • darrynflame
    Options
    I had a busy week. Walked a ton but didn't post it. Look how far I've come!

Keep a stone's throw left of the road...slower going.

Road splits. Road to Stock bends left and goes down into the lowlands. They take a lane which branches to the right, winding through a wood of ancient Oaks. Sun down and evening coming on (ca. 6:30 p.m.). Quite close to the road-meeting they creep inside a huge tree. Eat and rest.

Go on in twilight. Begin to sing. (ca. 7:00 p.m.)

And NOW to bed! Pippin says, when BLACK RIDER is heard again (ca. 9 p.m.). ELVES arrive, RIDER leaves, and Frodo & Co. continue with Elves.

Wood more dense, and lane went lower, running in a fold of hills, with hazel on the slopes alongside. Pippin quickly becomes sleepy.

Turn right off the path on a green ride through thickets.
  • hazedot
    hazedot Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Quite excited about tomorrow! I managed to find a 30 mile cycle trail which will help me push towards the next part of the journey. I have no idea how far along I already am and where that would put me if I was actually doing the journey for real.
    Going to push to do about 35-40 miles tomorrow pushing me up to nearly 100 miles in 5 days! woo!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    This week I walked 9.5 miles.

Total miles walked to date: 130.95
  • darrynflame
    Options
    I walk just 2 more miles today and look at all I managed to do!

Camp - Woody End. A green floor in the wood, roofed by boughs of trees. To the east a steep shoulder falls, and they can overlook the river valley. The lights of the village of Woodhall seen below (ca. 11 p.m.).

Sept. 25 Day 3: 27 miles

Sleep late (leaving time ca. 11:00 a.m.). Frodo decides to cut SE to Buckleberry Ferry. Scramble down hill into the thick trees below. It begins to cloud up.

A deep-banked stream below the hill cuts across their path. Looking back, they see a Black Rider on the hillcrest where they had camped. They force through the bushes alongside the stream.
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    I have reached 238.5 miles! My how far we have come!

We reached the foot of Weather Hills and camped there for the night. Then we followed the path towards Weathertop. Sam was telling the story of the Fall of Gilgalad the whole time.

I've also jumped into the world of LOTR Online. My how addictive that game can be. Anyone else on there?
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    73.49 Miles

After spending the night at Crickhollow: Leave Crickhollow soon after 6:00 a.m. Foggy. Ride ponies slowly.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I have a nice long hike planned for Sunday and it should put me over the 200 mile marker...finally. My bad knees are causing way too many problems. I should have hit 200 over 3 weeks ago. Grr. This is one Hobbit that would have been captured by now.
  • ncwingnut71
    ncwingnut71 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Day 30 - 81.34 miles in. "On a path in the Forest. Path climbs gently."

I have decided I am taking WAY WAY too many days off. I am keeping a written journal on this and my off days outweigh my on days. :( Time to buck up and just do it!!

Have a good one all!
  • _Khaleesi_
    Options
    Ahh crap. This fun frolick just got real. Last night we climbed to the top of weathertop, the Nazgul attacked us at night and now Frodo is all messed up and being carried on a pony.
  • damecaite42
    damecaite42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just found this and I am totally in! I'll be going pretty slow in the beginning, as I my hip is still healing several months post-surgery (arthroscopic repair of a labral tear in my hip,) but even a couple of miles at a time will get me there eventually!

What an awesome idea! :)