Celebrity Encounters

Options
tashjs21
tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
One of mine is with Jay Leno.

I was standing on the balcony outside my catering office on a smoke break and there was a model T Ford parked in the parking lot. Everyone that walked by stopped to look in and check out the car.

I look across the parking lot and see Jay Leno walking out of the grocery store. He looks up at me and says Hello. I didn't know what the heck to say to Jay Leno so I just said...."Your car gets a lot of stares"

He says..."Thanks, I am sure you get a lot of stares too"

Anyone else have a Celebrity hit on them? :laugh:

Replies

• tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    One of mine is with Jay Leno.

I was standing on the balcony outside my catering office on a smoke break and there was a model T Ford parked in the parking lot. Everyone that walked by stopped to look in and check out the car.

I look across the parking lot and see Jay Leno walking out of the grocery store. He looks up at me and says Hello. I didn't know what the heck to say to Jay Leno so I just said...."Your car gets a lot of stares"

He says..."Thanks, I am sure you get a lot of stares too"

Anyone else have a Celebrity hit on them? :laugh:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    My first celebrity sighting was Erik Estrada back in 1993 at FAO Schwartz! I was a nanny. I was like blink.gif "It's Ponch!!!!!"

Since then I've seen a few soap stars, followed Harry Connick Jr. around a mall, got hit on by Jeff Anderson at a "movie screening" in Greenwich that Pete was covering as the editor of the weekly paper "The Greenwich Post". Met Larry King and SAW Sydney Poitier at a benefit dinner thing in LA that Pete and I went to with Pete's dad. Also met Michael Milken (the crook) that day too.

And I had a conversation with Stephanie Seymour (the supermodel), in Greenwich at the Greenwich Academy when I was a nanny.

Umm, I also saw Diana Ross three times in Greenwich. Once a the grocery store.

And I saw Brendan Fraser at the Greenwich Diner.

Hmm, thinking if there are more.
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    When Sissy Spacek and Kevin Kline were filming the movie Violets are Blue (I know, I wouldn't have heard of it either unless the following happened), my dad was asked to use his commercial fishing boat in the background just leaving the harbor. One of the perks was the family got to meet them. Nothing much other than that happened in my small little town while I was there as far as celebrities go, although Richard Gere and Julia Roberts did also shoot a movie there years later, but I had left by then.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Eddy Money signed autographs on the hood of my car! I sat in my car with my foot on the brake...didn't even get out or put it in park...just sat and watched...besides, his wife was with him!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Cool thread!

Back when I was about 24, my girlfriend and I went out to eat in a nice little restaurant in Toronto.
    We were having a good time, sipping on our Mango Daiquiris when Mario Van Peebles walks over to our table.
    He introduces himself and asks if he could get us anything.
    My first reaction was like "wow, times must be tuff for him". :laugh: But then our waiter came and he told our waiter that he was just making sure that we were happy.

Rumor was going around that he had been to that restaurant several times that week with a different woman on his arms each time. rolleyes.gif

Stay tuned because someday I'll have a celebrity encounter with Donnie Wahlberg. crush.gif
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I used to live in the same apartment complex with Tim Reid - my brother and his son were buddies. Also, Elvis ate at my grandparents' home back in the 50's (before he was "Elvis!")
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Long story, but I was on The Queen Latifah Show when she had her talk show so ...I met her. After we filmed our segment we talked to her a little while on stage and she told me I reminded her of someone but she couldn't remember who!! lol On that same show she had Brian McKnight on and I met him backstage while we were both waiting to get our makeup done. He was super nice!! (didn't hit on me though!! lol I was 16 at the time!!) I met Mary Tyler Moore at a Juvenile Diabetes Convention in Washington DC, she was super nice also! The current Miss USA was there too and I met her but I don't even remember her name! It was about 6 years ago! I am trying to think of anyone else. Does one of the Blue Man Group guys count?? :huh: Anyway one of them walked up to me but they dont talk!! lol
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I took a flight with John Bolton and walked around with John Ashcroft and Tommy Franks for a while.

I met Roger Staubach in the hall of my office the other day.
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Stay tuned because someday I'll have a celebrity encounter with Donnie Wahlberg. crush.gif
    [/quote]

Ooo, if you do, can I meet Marky Mark?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Haha Max...

I stayed at a hotel in Santa Monica one time while Tom Berenger was living there. My mom and I didn't recognize him, but he was looking at us like we should. We were talking to the conceirge and he came by to pick up his mail wearing sweats and sunglasses (inside, of course).

Said hello to Dave Thomas at a restaurant in Boca Raton FL one time. He seemed so dang sweet.

Before Gavin Degraw made it big, he was opening for a band in North Myrtle Beach at the House of Blues, and his bass player was all about me and my friend. He kept trying to talk us into "paryting" with them after the show.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Sure, but it will probably have to wait until Donnie and I are married. :ohwell:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    I got nothing! My husband (Marc) however, grew up with Chad Kroger from Nickelback.

They used to play a game called cat and mouse. Marc is a few years younger than Chad (he is the same age as my sister in law) so Marc and his friends used to throw potatoes (?) at Chads car when he drove by (they were so bad). Chad and his friends would jump out of his car and chase them and then steal their smokes. Kind of a cool story!

We lived in Hanna (where they are from) when we were first dating and we lived in one of Chads old houses. I was cleaning one day and found a picture of him drinking and smoking in my very kitchen. How cool is that?

But no, I have never met anyone famous. Missed being in the music video 'photographs' by one day! All my friends are however (dancing on the car in the field by the old train station).
  • denisebee
    denisebee Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    That Jay Leno story is so cute!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Oh and I saw that comedian SINBAD, remember him?? LOL!

Saw him at JFK airport.

And I saw "chicken little" (the kid from American Idol who got that nickname) on a flight to LA and on a flight back from LA last Summer, I saw Malin Ackerman (from Heartbreak Kid, 27 dresses, etc)
  • TamTastic
    Options

And I saw "chicken little" (the kid from American Idol who got that nickname) on a flight to LA and on a flight back from LA last Summer, I saw Malin Ackerman (from Heartbreak Kid, 27 dresses, etc)

Was he flying coach?
    Yes. And he had to stand outside at the outdoor baggage claim in Burbank like everyone else...in 100 degrees...while they took forever to get our bags!
  • megancolleen
    Options
    hmm I got lots..

I met N*sync when they where really popular.. Won tickets through Macy's to hang out witht them before their concert. I also interviewed the All American Rejects in college.. Queen Latifa lives in the town next to me and we go to the same nail salon so I am always getting my nails done with her.. :-).. Bruce Springsteen goes to my gym.. So I see him a lot.. I run next to him a lot if that counts as meeting haha.. Bon jovi also lives in my town and his son played football ont he team my sister cheered for so I met him a bunch of times. I also met smokin hot George Clooney out to dinner in the city!! he is soo pretty in real life :laugh: I think that is all!!
  • Lauren882
    Lauren882 Posts: 102
    Options
    Over Christmas I was on a flight from Minneapolis to Dallas with Raven Symone. She was in some huge baggy sweats and no make up and can I just say, her skin was flawless! I stood right next to her at baggage claim and no one met her at the airport, I thought that was strange. Of course no one met me either :smile: but she's Olivia from the Cosby Show and she's That's So Raven! Someone pick that poor girl up from the airport! Sheesh!